Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE RETRO HOME AND AWAY THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

marti101 wrote: »
    I think Isla Fisher is prob the most succesful though she was in Wedding Crashers and had a baby for Sacha Baron COhen.Lisa Lackey[Roxie ]was in Bones last week and Ryan Kwanten was in some god awful horror[Vinnie].They do seem to be hopping up all over the shop lately

I'm pretty sure Heath Ledger is the most succersful.

Or else your man Julian McMahon from Nip Tuck

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Lisa Lackey was also in Heroes! She was married to the cop Matt Parkman!

Oh and remember how when Shane died, Angel was preggers and had a baby girl and called it Shane!:eek:
    Or did i dream that!!??!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

NAGGIE03 wrote: »

Oh and remember how when Shane died, Angel was preggers and had a baby girl and called it Shane!:eek:
    Or did i dream that!!??!!:confused:
    No,true as far as i can remember too,angel was delish!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

louise.JPG

Marilyn

images_home_and_away_main.jpg

Angel

melissa_george.jpg

Angel now... damn she has aged good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Heath Ledger is the most succersful.

Or else your man Julian McMahon from Nip Tuck
    I meant to say one of the most succesful.Jeez:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

marti101 wrote: »
    I meant to say one of the most succesful.Jeez:rolleyes:

:confused: Wow relax, I was merely offering some other options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

ohhh home and away.... what would we do if they axed it!!

will that day ever come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Dannii Manouge was too!

My parents HATED it!! tried to ban it imagine. Exaggerated my misery and when spoke argued that the news was more likely to corrupt my growing mind. Ahh the memuries!

It was banned in my house too. Luckily it was on at the time my mum was making the dinner in the kitchen, so we could sneakily watch it in the living room..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭smiler26

Has anyone mentioned Milko yet? (Sally's imaginary friend)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Shane aka Dieter Brummer was hot and also Steven's Uncle who burned in the fire cant think of his name was cute

I'd love to see H&A repeated from the beginning again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Mimibear

kerash wrote: »
    Bobby! remember when she appeared out of the fridge (like you do) as a ghost like vision to Ailsa, was it? Poor aul Bobby:(
    :D

I remember seeing that when I was younger, frightened the bejaysus outta me!! Very weird way for a ghost to appear... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

eh, Wasnt Naomi Watts in H &A? She would have to regarded as the most successful.

Man, Melissa George looks class in those pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

Has anyone mentioned Milko yet? (Sally's imaginary friend)

He was not imaginary. He was a twin brother that they didnt know about or something along those lines. He is a character in it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Did you hear Chris Hemsworth (aka Kim) is going to be in the new Star Trek movie out next year - can't imagine how the hell he got a role in that - he's possibly the worst actor ever to grace the set of Home and Away....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I remember getting some shock to learn that Kate Ritchie ( Sally Fletcher ) once make a sex tape which was then circulated on the net. Do gooder Sall never remained the same for me after that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

RATM wrote: »
    I remember getting some shock to learn that Kate Ritchie ( Sally Fletcher ) once make a sex tape which was then circulated on the net. Do gooder Sall never remained the same for me after that:D
    Apparently it was a fake.Sally always looked hot all the way through the show!:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Wasn't their charactors called Nick and Lucinda.... Nick was Shanes brother.

Sallys imaginery friend... the now twin brother is Myles... the female version of Sally.

Melissa George is very good in the new series of Greys Anatomy. She is casted as an intern and friend of Meridths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sophisticated6y

will that day ever come

THAT DAY MUST NEVER COME!!! NEVER!
    Remember Will and Gypsy and Noah? Good times!
    Home and Away was classic :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

JP Liz wrote: »
    Steven's Uncle who burned in the fire cant think of his name was cute
    That was Phillip! he was engaged to Brett Macklin's sister Sandy when he died, I remember that episode so vividly. It was so sad :(
    Ticktactoe wrote: »
    Wasn't their charactors called Nick and Lucinda.... Nick was Shanes brother.

I think naggie03 means her character in Heroes was married to the cop?!?
    There was Nick and Lucinda but Lucinda was played by Dee Smart. As mentioned before Lisa Lachey played Roxanne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

yup bobbi was killed in the boat log incident

I think Jack had something to do with that accident, either that or he just blamed himself for it. I do remember he left for the navy soon afterwards.

can anyone confirm?

• Advertisement

The Bollox wrote: »
    I think Jack had something to do with that accident, either that or he just blamed himself for it. I do remember he left for the navy soon afterwards.

can anyone confirm?

It was Adam (Cameron?), he redeemed himself by saving Sam from being electrocuted when trying to stick a fork into the toaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭tangerinepuppet

I don't think anybody's mentioned Gabriel, the alcoholic Irish writer who appeared and lived in the caravan park when Shannon (Isla Fisher) was trying to become a professional writer. She went into his caravan and picked up all his clothes with tongs when he was out cold.

I remember two things he said, 'Only dirty people wash' and (after reading Shannon's story) 'It's very clever, which is why it's no good. Writing should come from the soul'. His accent was terrible.

I didn't know whether to laugh or write to Network 7 and complain!

Anybody remember him?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Remember him alright, to Shannon: 'Ah where were ya ten years ago when I needed ya!' He was called Gabe in the show. He was the typical Irish stereotype, to be sure be god, be gorrah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Revhead...and Dag Dog if s/he counts.

ellscurr wrote: »
    Revhead...and Dag Dog if s/he counts.

Mmmm Revhead!!!:o I hated him for killing David!:( But them Gavin Harrison was in A Country Practice as a nice guy and I could openly find him yummy :pac: Saw him in an episode of Diagnosis Murder about a year ago (of course that would've been a few years old at that stage) and he was still a cutie. Thanks for the memory ellscurr! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I'm struggling to think of any good looking men that have been in it.....I think Flathead's son was a bit of alright but him flopping down dead on the beach with his brain thingy still haunts me.

Awww Alan - remember when Bobby got his letter after he died - I sobbed!:(

AH there's been a few cuties throughout the years - I enjoyed Martin Henderson's brief stint - he was the brother of the girl-writer that Shannon had the thing with, he's been in The Ring and the video for Toxic amongst other stuff since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 BuddyGlass

Anyone remember there was always a natural disaster every so often?
    - An earth-quake.
    - A fire. (Caused by a car crash? I remember it burning Sally's boyfriend pretty bad).
    - A twister. Which I recall being a bit of a cop out, them saying, "Yabee Creek was the most affected."
    - A mud-slide! (Which resulted in Kirsty finding her twin Jade beneath the rubble of the Stewart house... though we later found out her and Jade weren't related).

Swear that place exists in some sort of bermuda triangle. :P

And I was always so mocked for this opinion by mates, I always thought our girl Sally was the best! ;) I'd always stay well away from the show now as much as possible - but would have liked to have caught her last ep.
    kateritchie_narrowweb__300x467,2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Steven's uncle Philip was engaged to Stacey Macklin. She then found lurrve briefly with Andrew Foley who had previously dated Carly. Carly went on to marry Ben, played by Julian McMahon. He's now in Nip/Tuck.

Ryan Clarke (Sam) was in some sort of documentary about lifeguards on Bondi Beach a couple of years ago. He's pretty much unrecognizable now.

6215997816a7561836196l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭tangerinepuppet

Awww wee Sam, he was cute.

Advertisement