Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THE RETRO HOME AND AWAY THREAD

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭tangerinepuppet

Oh yeah when she arrived they put her in to share Sally's room and Sally was (of course) really nice to her but she got mad one day and ripped up all the books from her shelves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭tangerinepuppet

sukikettle wrote: »
    remember that cute girl dying on the beach in yer man's arms at sunrise...I was bawling :(
    Yeah Meg and Blake, that was a huge defining moment! It was mentioned a few pages back too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 BuddyGlass

Fishie wrote: »
    Sally was going to marry Ciaran, but right before their wedding he made a pass at Gypsy. Gypsy had to tell Sally and Sally didn't believe her at first because Gypsy was such a ho bag

Gypsy was excruciating! They went to such extremes with the character. Kidnapped, and remember playing up to that lesbian girl? And then impregnanted by Will...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

I'm amazed at the memory power in here...I loved Sally, Sam was a pain in the arse and Bouncer what a dog...or was he in Neighbours. I think he got left in Summer bay and had to walk home to Ramsay street actually.I loved Irene she was my favourite mum. Poor Pippa was always carrying the washing or making dinner.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

BuddyGlass wrote: »
    Gypsy was excruciating! They went to such extremes with the character. Kidnapped, and remember playing up to that lesbian girl? And then impregnanted by Will...

I stopped watching Home and Away around the time that Gypsy was going through her lesbian stage. I did hear that she had a baby with Will, but I wasn't watching it then. I thought she was quite annoying, and not very pretty. Didn't think much of her brother Tom either. Does anyone else remember when Gypsy and Tom met in an internet chatroom, neither of them realised it was their sibling they were talking to, I'm not sure we even had the internet yet in my house when this happened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 BuddyGlass

I stopped watching Home and Away around the time that Gypsy was going through her lesbian stage. I did hear that she had a baby with Will, but I wasn't watching it then. I thought she was quite annoying, and not very pretty. Didn't think much of her brother Tom either. Does anyone else remember when Gypsy and Tom met in an internet chatroom, neither of them realised it was their sibling they were talking to, I'm not sure we even had the internet yet in my house when this happened!

Do indeed, remember that. Shocking how much of this rubbish I remember! :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Here is Michael Palin on Home and Away. Random or what!! (sound quality isn't that great)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Here is Michael Palin on Home and Away. Random or what!! (sound quality isn't that great)

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Sally's dog wasn't Bouncer but Dag Dog. Don't know what happened to him though. Perhaps he ended up in one of those pies that Pippa baked for the diner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Ruu wrote: »
    Saul was the chap from the cult, evil bastid.

saul2.jpg

I remember Craig McLachlan being in it for a while, he had the mad laugh, like a donkey braying. :)

Argh!! Saul and Serena... That was some scary schit! I think that was about the same time as Chloe and her (the)rapist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

You can legally download the old episodes here

http://www.backtothebay.net/episodes/index.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Flaccus wrote: »
    You can legally download the old episodes here

http://www.backtothebay.net/episodes/index.php

Thats a cool website, thanks! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭RadioCity

I have the very first episode of Home and Away recorded. Found it on YouTube, sorry if its alreadt posted. It wasn't all that exciting but some of the folk in it (some probably mentioned already):

Pippa (naturally the original Vanessa Downing)
    Tom
    Sally
    Carly
    Frank
    Donald Fisher
    Neville and Floss (a dodgy fortune teller whose predictions were normally accurate)
    Sharon (friend of Carly)
    Matt (the surfer- didn't appear in the original credits but did appear in the first episode)
    Bobby
    Ailsa (trying to help get Bobby's life in order)
    Alf (had the shop even then)
    Ruth (Roo)
    Steven
    Milko (Sally's friend)

It wasn't a very big cast, the original credits seemed a big dragged out with Tom and Pippa having a separate billing.

A few years back I had a row with someone that there were 2 Irene's, the alcoholic one who caused trouble and I think the current Irene has been there since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Home And Away - The Romances DVD £3.98

This features a great extra - the full 90 minute pilot.

I bought the region 4 (Australian) version and it was even cheaper. AU$2.

Worth getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Shannon..................:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Was waiting for Michael Palin to say "spare a dinari for an ex-leper?" :D
    The girl in that video (Marilyn?) is married to Matt Le Tissier now:eek:

Oh and Shannon.... mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

Was waiting for Michael Palin to say "spare a dinari for an ex-leper?" :D
    The girl in that video (Marilyn?) is married to Matt Le Tissier now:eek:

Oh and Shannon.... mmmmm
    no le tiss was only engaged to her , never married

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Ticktactoe wrote: »
    Melissa George is very good in the new series of Greys Anatomy. She is casted as an intern and friend of Meridths.
    Have to disagree there, I think she's awful! Actually that might be a bit harsh, it's really more the character I dislike and not the actress.
    Firetrap wrote: »
    Ryan Clarke (Sam) was in some sort of documentary about lifeguards on Bondi Beach a couple of years ago. He's pretty much unrecognizable now.

6215997816a7561836196l.jpg
    That's definitely Sam! Didn't he turn up a few years ago and he slept with Hayley?! I can remember Hayley crying the next day or something. He wasn't very nice :pac:
    sukikettle wrote: »
    I'm amazed at the memory power in here...I loved Sally, Sam was a pain in the arse and Bouncer what a dog...or was he in Neighbours. I think he got left in Summer bay and had to walk home to Ramsay street actually.
    Yep Bouncer was Joe Mangle's dog in Neighbours.

Advertisement