16-08-2020, 17:07   #1
Buying house2020

Strange smell of burnt plastic/waste in neighbourhood

Hi,

I'd really appreciate any advice please.

For the past week, at least once a day, the most disgusting smell has been circulating around the neighbourhood.

The smell is not a smell of standard soot/smoke, it is almost indescribable, it is nauseating and highly unpleasant. It smells like a mixture of burnt rubber/plastic and a dump.

I live in a row of small terraced houses

There is one house with no bins, and I suspect the elderly gentleman might be burning his rubbish I've often seen heavy brown smoke with a weird smell coming from his chimney. Of course, I am only guessing it might be him, I have no proof of this.

But regardless, someone is burning something they shouldn't very frequently and it is causing an unpleasant smell.

What organisation can I contact anonymously (so there is no aggressive comeback on me) to try to stop this?

Any guidance or advice to deal with this? TIA
Advertisement
18-08-2020, 21:36   #2
degsie

Contact your local council and if not satisfied escalate it!

https://lema.epa.ie/complaints
31-12-2020, 14:22   #3
Captain Lugger

People burning rubbish in their ranges is endemic here. A waste bin collection costs €13 every two weeks and one of my near neighbours constantly burns their rubbish. The gas thing is that the same fella keeps saying that an industrial plant is the biggest cause of cancer locally. Silly bugger should look closer to home...
Thanks from:
01-01-2021, 08:21   #4
Wanderer78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Lugger
People burning rubbish in their ranges is endemic here. A waste bin collection costs €13 every two weeks and one of my near neighbours constantly burns their rubbish. The gas thing is that the same fella keeps saying that an industrial plant is the biggest cause of cancer locally. Silly bugger should look closer to home...
Downsides of privitising and monatising waste management, the reality is, it doesn't always work!
01-01-2021, 08:26   #5
Treseemme.
Banned

If they don't burn it here it'll be burnt out in Malaysia or wherever we're sending the plastic now

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion