16-01-2021, 22:24   #1
SusieBlue

Iris/Pupil changing shape after LASIK?

Anyone else notice this?

I have very light coloured blue/green eyes but prior to surgery, I had such large pupils that my eyes looked dark brown/black, especially from a distance. My pupils were that big you could barely see the colour of the iris.

Now granted I’m only recently post op, but my pupils now appear to be significantly smaller. I’m not complaining, this will be a lovely little bonus if it stays but I was just wondering if it’s part of the healing process and it will go back to normal or if I can expect it to stay like this.

I’d rather not ring the clinic and ask as I’m sure they have enough to be doing instead of answering inconsequential questions so hoping someone here may know or have experience.

Thanks a mill
Advertisement
17-01-2021, 05:12   #2
Oink
Savage muc

I don’t know, but I don’t think that’s a silly question. If you notice a change in your eyes, you need to know why that is. It could well be normal, but they should have mentioned it. Someone else here might actually know but if you have any doubts you should find out anyway.
How’s your vision?
Thanks from:
17-01-2021, 05:46   #3
fritzelly

How long after the op are we talking
Light sensitivity is normal

Your op would include post op consultation so don't feel at all a burden to check with them
Thanks from:
17-01-2021, 14:59   #4
SusieBlue

Just a few days post op, that’s why I think it could be part of the healing process.
My vision seems perfect, no pain since the day of surgery and my eyes aren’t particularly dry either so I think I’m doing ok.

I had my post op consultation the day after but hadn’t noticed it then. I have another appointment early this week so I might mention it then.
I probably wouldn’t have noticed only as I said, my pupils were massive before and are quite a lot smaller now.

Thanks folks!
17-01-2021, 15:53   #5
fritzelly

Should be fine after a week but no harm double checking
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size