Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got electrocuted

Options
  • 23-10-2020 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Just had a very severe current of electricity sent though my body. I was connecting a guitar to an audio interface and a bolt of electricity ran through my arm, really zapped me, felt like touching an electric fence on full blast, but here's the weird thing, I got an absolute full blown, hardcore, 'rager' of an erection for about five minutes from it. Baton was pumping and pounding so forcefully I though it might take off. Either that or shoot off a half pint of sticky ichy fish sauce. It's settled down now. Too scared to check if it is still functioning but quite painful down there.

:(:eek::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

If you were electrocuted you'd be dead

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Its electrifying.....

physioman wrote: »

He is just discombobulated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭This is it

Were you putting your knob the the audio interface again? That'll do it

• Advertisement

This is it wrote: »
    Were you putting your knob the the audio interface again? That'll do it

While screaming how do you like it huhhhhh

Maybe he mixed up the fluke tester with flute....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just had a very severe current of electricity sent though my body. I was connecting a guitar to an audio interface and a bolt of electricity ran through my arm, really zapped me, felt like touching an electric fence on full blast, but here's the weird thing, I got an absolute full blown, hardcore, 'rager' of an erection for about five minutes from it. Baton was pumping and pounding so forcefully I though it might take off. Either that or shoot off a half pint of sticky ichy fish sauce. It's settled down now. Too scared to check if it is still functioning but quite painful down there.

:(:eek::eek:

Perhaps I too ... Should post sh*the to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

"Sticky itchy fish sauce " you may need to see a doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Perfect opportunity for some AcDc lyrics....a sample from Hard As A Rock

[Chorus]
    Hard as a rock
    Well, it's harder than a rock
    Hard as a rock
    Well, it's harder than a rock

[Verse 2]
    The lightnin' rod strike it hot
    It's gonna hit you like the Rushmore rock
    No nicotine and no pipe dreams
    So low and dirty, it's down right mean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

physioman wrote: »

Not true.
    I remember as a teen working in as bar I had to screw in a lightbulb to an old wall mounted light and in the process of trying to locate the bulb blindly into the holder got a shock for about 0.5-1 seconds.

OPs heart probably reacted to the shock and blood pressure increased causing the hard on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

There’s something fücking seriously wrong if there’s that kind of current flowing through your guitar lead. I’d have a electrician check your gaff out ASAP. After the raging boner subsidies, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭delboythedub

Go to Doctor and get check up

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

If it started in your arm and went all the way down to the magic wand, and affected it for several minutes, you might want to get checked. There’s a good few things between your arm and your crotch that you need for living. Not to mention the pompatus of love itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Marv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Not true. I remember as a teen working in as bar I had to screw in a lightbulb to an old wall mounted light and in the process of trying to locate the bulb blindly into the holder got a shock for about 0.5-1 seconds.

It is true. Electrocution is to do die by electricity so he wasn't electrocuted. He had an electric shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,103 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

It is true. Electrocution is to do die by electricity so he wasn't electrocuted. He had an electric shock.
    Electrocute can mean either "put to death by means of an electric shock" or "to give an electric shock to". Both senses have been current since the 1890s.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

What's going on with your computer that you got a shock from it? The voltages aren't high enough to shock, there must be something seriously wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slideways

Did you re-tune your guitar and your banjo string afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

"Puts on electricians hat "
    Looks at posts .
    "Takes off electricians hat and wanders off."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭This is it

There’s something fücking seriously wrong if there’s that kind of current flowing through your guitar lead. I’d have a electrician check your gaff out ASAP. After the raging boner subsidies, of course.

An average light bulb draws 40-60w (old filament), about .2amps @ 230v and even that will give you a fair whack if it's turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭dubrov

Your knob clearly has a small resistance. Even with a small voltage, it was able to draw a high current

This is it wrote: »
    An average light bulb draws 40-60w (old filament), about .2amps @ 230v and even that will give you a fair whack if it's turned on.

Yeah, but a guitar pickup only outputs about 100-500mV, (some high gain pickups might output a volt or so), so that's all that should be going through a guitar lead. You can hold onto the jack end of a guitar lead all day and you should feel absolutely nothing.

Rember, an electric guitar generates and outputs an electrical signal from the pickups (metal strings vibrating in a magnetic field) - it isn't "powered" by electricity in the sense that it has to be plugged in to a power source. Electricity is needed for the amplification of that very weak signal to generate audible sound, but that electricity shouldn't be going anywhere near the lead or the guitar.

If the OP got a shock from his lead plugging into an audio interface, it means that there's something seriously wrong with the audio interface or his house wiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

The only thing I can think of happening here is that the guitar was plugged into a combi input on the interface and phantom power was switched on. Otherwise the voltages in computers shouldn't even be able to conduct through skin.

Probes wrote: »
    The only thing I can think of happening here is that the guitar was plugged into a combi input on the interface and phantom power was switched on. Otherwise the voltages in computers shouldn't even be able to conduct through skin.

Phantom power for mics is between 12 and 48v DC, and limited to 7mA. You shouldn't get a shock from it if the equipment is working correctly.

It sounds like it's a mains powered audio interface with an electrical short.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Any permanent damage to your schlong, Peritto?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

That's hard OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,113 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Half pint of sticky icky fish sauce."

Some people try so hard to be funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Folks back in the day used to thrill to wildman Jimi playing with his teeth and behind his back and stuff.

But times have moved on and audiences have new expectations I suppose. It is probably not for this old timer to judge.

Advertisement