Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the catch with GoMo? Why unlimited everything for €13?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭James2020App

I have a very basic GoMo question and it is not worth opening another thread about. I am attempting to connect it to a router and selecting the network manually, which of the following networks does GoMo fall under?

Is it: 02, Three, Meteor, EE Internet, EE or Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭johndanielmoore

I have a very basic GoMo question and it is not worth opening another thread about. I am attempting to connect it to a router and selecting the network manually, which of the following networks does GoMo fall under?

Is it: 02, Three, Meteor, EE Internet, EE or Vodafone?

Meteor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

Did gomo pass on the VAT reduction to existing customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

I've had GoMo since the very start and little or no issues, asides from the cringeworhy adverts on TV teenagers wearing bright garish clothes and jumping around to some jingle it's a solid network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

SB71 wrote: »
    I've had GoMo since the very start and little or no issues, asides from the cringeworhy adverts on TV teenagers wearing bright garish clothes and jumping around to some jingle it's a solid network.

Sup
    Playstation
    Wack

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I was with Vodafone for years paying full whack for the better quality network. Changed to GoMo last month, the speed is somewhat slower and the coverage inferior but at this stage pretty happy with the downgrade given the dramatic price drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I just lost a 10 euro discount with VF, on a SIM only plan, so now paying 35 pm.

I don't agree with 35 pm.

I am searching for deals, and found this discussion, and I hear what Shiny is saying.

35 to 13 is a huge drop..................

Geuze wrote: »
    I just lost a 10 euro discount with VF, on a SIM only plan, so now paying 35 pm.

I don't agree with 35 pm.

I am searching for deals, and found this discussion, and I hear what Shiny is saying.

35 to 13 is a huge drop..................

35 to 7.99 is an even bigger drop!

Check out 48.ie, they are owned by 3.

- 100 GB ROI data
    - unlimited calls
    - unlimited texts
    - 10 GB EU data

If you use a referral link to sign up you can get your 2nd month free.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058109572/143/#post115038238

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057998585/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

As far as drop out and low coverage I'm finding it the worst I've been with so far. Most of my driving is west Wicklow and kildare. Constantly poor signal strength but for 9.99 I'll live with it for now. There is a mast 700 meters from my house which carries them so it's grand most of the time. It's fine but if you are driving through countryside a lot and need to be on calls I'm not sure it's for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Just be aware that a few people (not many TBF) have had problems with 2FA SMS and couldn't get it resolved as Gomo just blamed everyone else except themselves.

IMO, if you're paying a bill for a service then issues like that should be resolved. And it doesn't seem to bother Comreg either as AFAIK there's no obligation on providers to support 2FA SMS....whereas there is an obligation to support Premium Rate SMS...go figure.

Think this is what I'm experiencing. I can't get any one time authentication texts from KBC, so I have to call them asking them to disable it (which they do for one hour) anytime I want to move money/pay a bill online.

Anyone else in the same boat? They sent me an email asking me to ask people I know on various networks if they can txt me to find out 'what network' is causing the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Shiny wrote: »
    I was with Vodafone for years paying full whack for the better quality network. Changed to GoMo last month, the speed is somewhat slower and the coverage inferior but at this stage pretty happy with the downgrade given the dramatic price drop.

Postmobile have a new deal for unlimited calls and texts with 50Gb data for €15/month and it's on Vodafone's network

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭irelandjnr

Update: we've been with 48 maybe a couple of weeks now. So far so good. €7.99 per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Cork981

Same here, with 48 the last two months and really impressed with coverage and speed around Cork City.

Getting >200mb outside of peak hours.

I’ll probably move to 3 or Eir eventually to take advantage of 5G.

Cork981 wrote: »
    Same here, with 48 the last two months and really impressed with coverage and speed around Cork City.

Getting >200mb outside of peak hours.

I’ll probably move to 3 or Eir eventually to take advantage of 5G.

Apparently 48 are planning on offering 5g soon enough

jdon72 wrote: »
    Apparently 48 are planning on offering 5g soon enough

Where did you hear that?

• Advertisement

DopeTech wrote: »
    Where did you hear that?
    5G is “also in the plans” for the 48 service, executives say, even though Three has not yet launched its 5G service in Ireland. GoMo has no plans for 5G, Eir says.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/money/news/three-revamps-48-budget-offering-deals-for-%E2%82%AC10-and-%E2%82%AC15-per-month-in-battle-with-eirs-gomo/ar-BB14ZbVs

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Anyone on GoMo having issues calling 48 numbers today, I cant and nor can my sons, all GoMo, my daughter in on 48 and we cant call here, however, she can call us. I was able to call her us to yesterday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

BTW if you write them to cancel your account, they will give you 20 eur free credit, if you stay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,576 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If you port away, I assume it automatically cancels the account?

Advertisement