Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clickbait ice-cream

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Hammer89 wrote: »
    It's everywhere - EVERY-F*CKING-WHERE. Clickbait.

Bought a tub of ice cream last night and I was like 'Oh this is great. I can be a fat f*cker and eat the whole thing while staying inside my calorie quota'.

It's only 495 calories per tub.

You can't miss it. That fact is SPRAWLED across the front of the tub, dare I say purposely, to appeal to fat whores like myself.

So I ate it and felt pretty good about it.

Until I turned the tub around and looked at the nutritional information. There's a tiny piece of writing above the data and it says 'this tub contains five scoops'.

Ah so the whole tub isn't 495 calories then. It's 495 calories per five scoops, and there's at least 25 scoops in it, so actually I had 2500 calories in one sitting and ruined my diet.

Why in the name of God would five scoops of a tub equate to the whole thing? Part of me knew it was too good to be true. Part of me when I was eating it knew that this tasted too nice to be as calorie dense as a couple of chicken breasts.

Fat people have enough problems as it is without the good folks at Gianni's ice cream tricking us into thinking we're eating less calories than we actually are. The clue is in the name looking back - Gianni's.

Crafty Italians.

It didn't ruin your diet, you did that yourself by eating a whole tub of ice cream !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Load of rot. I crave salty bitter, don’t like the sickly sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

wench wrote: »
    Perhaps the ice cream gave you brain freeze, but your logic took a hard swerve in the middle there.

1 tub = 5 scoops = 495 calories
    ie there are 5 servings of 99 calories, or one serving of 495, depending on your mood.

Unless you're using a melon baller, there's no way you'd get 25 scoops out of a normal tub of ice cream!

Are you implying that the OP is a bit thicc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

500kcal of Ice cream in one sitting is mad. That's a quarter for your recommended intake, in just ice cream. 100 - 150kcal would be more like it.

Well Hyperbollix if my recommended intake was 2000 calories a day I wouldn't need to be on a diet in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

It didn't ruin your diet, you did that yourself by eating a whole tub of ice cream !!!

No I did that by eating a breakfast roll in the belief that I'd already gone over my quota Hego :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Damn. I expected more when I opened this thread , should have know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That **** is annoying. They'll have calories per serve then classify a chocolate bar as 2 servings etc.

Having said that there's a lot to be said to taking a couple of weeks out and weighing your food out. Can be quite the eye opener to learn real portions sizes vs your calorific needs for a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

...you mean lickbait

#lickbait

Advertisement