Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact tracing - your answers

Options
  • 05-02-2021 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭

Many contacted by now and more to follow. How did or would you respond to the questions about you contacts? 100% or something else see the options.

Many would find it easy as they have few contacts. Some have so many they won't remember them all. Others may not want to admit being abroad on holidays etc.

How did or would you respond? 50 votes

Tell the contacts 100%
    48% 24 votes
    Leave out those I shouldn't have i.e. backdoor pubs etc.
    48% 24 votes
    Mostly complete but leave out some that I wouldn't want to know.
    2% 1 vote
    Other
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,210 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

results hidden? Wheres the fun in that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭saabsaab

results hidden? Wheres the fun in that

Will be shown when it ends. Some might be influenced by the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

People’s lives are at risk. False reporting during “tracing” should be a criminal offence.

If you’re asked you tell them where you’ve been, shouldn’t be far, and who you’ve been with, shouldn’t be many. It’s pretty straight forward.

The types griping about masks, pub closures and that would lie to contact tracers are the same as the types who hide a zombie “bite” in a horror movie, selfish and irresponsible.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

saabsaab wrote: »
    Will be shown when it ends. Some might be influenced by the results.

This thread will be dead and buried by the 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭Ficheall

What sort of selfish asshat wouldn't inform their contacts?

• Advertisement

People’s lives are at risk. False reporting during “tracing” should be a criminal offence.

If you’re asked you tell them where you’ve been, shouldn’t be far, and who you’ve been with, shouldn’t be many. It’s pretty straight forward.

The types griping about masks, pub closures and that would lie to contact tracers are the same as the types who hide a zombie “bite” in a horror movie, selfish and irresponsible.

Of course people should tell the truth but some will want to hide where they shouldn't have been or keep somebody out of it for business ot personal reasons. Interesting to see how much of a factor it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

While I agree in principle ... in practice, how many are actually going to admit seeing their dealer, or using a prostitute (and will the madame really have kept records anyways ...).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭Ficheall

While I agree in principle ... in practice, how many are actually going to admit seeing their dealer, or using a prostitute (and will the madame really have kept records anyways ...).
    OP is a little unclear - presumably there's the option to also inform the contacts directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ive a question for the hirer of contact tracers. Why do they have to fill an office, kitted out with perspex screens and floor signage, to do a job which can easily be done from home?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Ficheall wrote: »
    What sort of selfish asshat wouldn't inform their contacts?

Maybe if you dont like them...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Two weeks to find out the results?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Boo, 2 weeks boo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I was a close contact and spent 3 hours sitting next to an infected person unwittingly, I was notified 13 days later into my 14 days quarantine which I adhered to 100%, was tested on day 14 and had not contracted it, I attribute to my not catching it to wearing a KN95 with blue surgical mask over that and not even removing it to have a cup of coffee or any in-flight meal.

theguzman wrote: »
    I was a close contact and spent 3 hours sitting next to an infected person unwittingly, I was notified 13 days later into my 14 days quarantine which I adhered to 100%, was tested on day 14 and had not contracted it, I attribute to my not catching it to wearing a KN95 with blue surgical mask over that and not even removing it to have a cup of coffee or any in-flight meal.

Did anyone else on the flight catch it? You mightn't know I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

saabsaab wrote: »
    Did anyone else on the flight catch it? You mightn't know I guess.

I heard unofficially after that 59 cases were recorded onboard, it was no wonder as the Ryanair staff lost control before the flight even took off, the flight was primarily passengers of culture boss :rolleyes: who refused to wear a mask, the flight should have diverted and the drunkard troublemakers thrown off. It actually made headline news the following day. What didn't make headlines was the cases of Covid it caused.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/mass-orgy-duty-free-alcohol-23037341

Even the best contact tracing system in the world won't be that effective if they are getting the wrong information. Human nature I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

That's a whole other level of not telling the truth!

Closing in a few days. Significant percentage not willing to be 100% truthful it seems.

It seems that one in six willing to admit would not tell the truth to contact tracers! Shows how limited it is (still better than nothing)

Probably because they have been involved in something they wouldn't like to be known. Human nature.

• Advertisement
Advertisement