Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CBD oil

Options
  • 24-07-2015 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anybody verify if CBD oil is actually legal in Ireland? I don't want to order it and then find out that customs have seized it.

"Hempture CDB oil has less than the 0.2% THC or less to meet legal restrictions in Ireland, the EU and the US"

hempture.ie/
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

I Like your ad OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

There's no reference to THC content in the Misuse of drugs act. The only exemptions for anything cannabissy are

(a) mature stalk of any such plant,
    (b) fibre produced from such mature stalk, or
    (c) seed of any such plant;”;

Anything else that comes from a cannabis plant is illegal, I think.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1977/en/act/pub/0012/

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1984/en/act/pub/0018/sec0002.html#sec2

This is just me guessing from doing searches in the act. I'm not a law talking guy or anything. Customs or whoever would probably tell you if you emailed them?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Back in my day there was none of this oil/wax/dabs/vaping. Meddling kids have made it all complicated.

*cough* *mumble* *mutter*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

all cannabis and cannabis derived or based products are illegal in Ireland at this time and not recognised as medicinal

It's illegal. End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I have a theory about oil.

If it's no good for your back end, it's no good for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

It's illegal. End of.

Isn't hemp derived from Cannabis?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

ArtyM wrote: »

Camels.

Oh wait, that's hump.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,200 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

take a look at post #3

Yes, and I'm not getting into the requirements to grow it legally here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Seanachai wrote: »
    Hi, can anybody verify if CBD oil is actually legal in Ireland? I don't want to order it and then find out that customs have seized it.
    As its being shipped within Ireland I doubt customs will be involved at all.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2014/en/si/0323.html
    Amendment of Schedule 2 to the Principal Regulations

6. Schedule 2 (as amended by Regulation 4 of the Misuse of Drugs (Amendment) Regulations 2011) to the Principal Regulations is amended by inserting after paragraph 9 the following paragraphs:

“10.An extract of cannabis which–

(a) is a medicinal product for human use which has been granted a marketing authorisation and which is presented as a liquid formulation for administration to a person through a meter dose pump as amucosal mouth spray, and

(b) has a concentration of not more than 30 milligrams of cannabidiol per millilitre, and not more than 30 milligrams of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol per millilitre, where the ratio of cannabidiol to delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol is between 0.7 to 1.3.

11. Any stereoisomeric form of a substance specified in paragraph 10.

12. Any preparation or other product containing any proportion of a substance or product specified in any of paragraphs 10 or 11, not being a preparation specified in Schedule 5.”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Jake1 wrote: »
    I Like your ad OP.

What can I say, I need the commission! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

I can buy it in my local pharmacy for €26 for a 10ml bottle.

Best taken orally under the tounge.

I dont use it myself, but a friend with Fibro Myalgia does. She finds it good but dont take it to excess as you can develop an immunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Been using CBD oil for a year, 100% legal. Purchase it abroad. I found the benefits amazing and instant. Use it primarily for sleeping, before I was waking up numerous times throughout the night. If you’re a worrier, then this stuff is amazing.

Researched it extensively before taking it, numerous testimonials on YouTube from people who have suffered from depression.

This is going to blow up in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

What does it do? I don't have an internet connection so can't check.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Pac1Man wrote: »
    What does it do? I don't have an internet connection so can't check.

Yet you had an internet connection to post this? :confused:

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yet you had an internet connection to post this? :confused:

I use ravens to dispatch my boards messages.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I use ravens to dispatch my boards messages.

Surely you can get the ravens to fly to the citidel and learn the ways of CDB Oil then fly back and report to you.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Surely you can get the ravens to fly to the citidel and learn the ways of CDB Oil then fly back and report to you.

They lack opposable thumbs to open the bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Been using CBD oil for a year, 100% legal. Purchase it abroad. I found the benefits amazing and instant. Use it primarily for sleeping, before I was waking up numerous times throughout the night. If you’re a worrier, then this stuff is amazing.

Researched it extensively before taking it, numerous testimonials on YouTube from people who have suffered from depression.

This is going to blow up in Ireland.

Appropriate username.

They lack opposable thumbs to open the bottle.

Well then I guess your outta luck :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I think it's advertised for sale in some shop in a town I was in recently. I forget where.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jacksparrow92

I might be a bit late but it is definitely legal since 2015, hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I bought it. Arrived no problems.

It's legal cos it does sfa

Did nada for me.

Tastes absolutely horrible too. Like blended up mould

• Registered Users Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Friend in his 50’s tried it for Parkinson’s, made no difference.

I he said he was going to try cannabis itself to see if he got any relief, hard to blame him as his symptoms are quite bad at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Copaiba oil is the legal equivalent, and thats available to buy.

_Brian wrote: »

I he said he was going to try cannabis itself to see if he got any relief, hard to blame him as his symptoms are quite bad at present.

Among the many common side effects is increased tremors in Parkinson's patients. No reliable evidence of real benefits form it.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

CBD is not a controlled drug as it does not contain any psychoactive substance, it is not illegal and it is not classified as a medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

See

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057700611

Hardly inactive as many of us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Heavy cigarette use can stave off Dementia and lower the risk of contracting Parkisons.

Nicotine stimulates that side of the brain.

Lets print that on the boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

_Brian wrote: »

I've tried it for neuralgia and it only gave minimal relief, there are more premium products that claim to be superior, I'm not sure though. I found it useful for inducing sleep though. I think that the chemicals in cannabis are synergistic and the THC is needed along with CBD for therapeutic results.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement