Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Ecobubble Washing Machine pauses mid-cycle.

Options
  • 30-01-2021 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I have a six year old Samsung Ecobubble Washing Machine that has started pausing mid-cycle. It’s as though someone has nipped into the utility room and hit the pause button behind my back. If I un-pause it, sometimes it’ll re-pause immediately or else it may continue on the wash cycle, either to completion or to another pause.

I’ve done a fair bit of Googling. Fixes range from recalibrating it (easily done) to replacing the motherboard (due to cracked solder points).

I’d be interested to know if other boards members have had similar issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gautama

I’ve been trying to figure out what is wrong. I’ve entered the Diagnostic Mode. The spin diagnostic (SPn) works perfectly. It runs up and down through the different spin speeds. No issue there.
    However, the test diagnostic (tSt) stops within seconds and the error code 3E is displayed.
    AFAIK, this indicates a motor error but I know it does spin perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

I'm in no way an expert but is it possible to do a reset (there's usually a pattern or combination of buttons which will do a PCB/motherboard reset)

Our own washing machine is broken at the moment and we are saving up to replace it (it's a 9yr old integrated neff washer dryer) ... We want to physically see new machine in a shop so it will be a few months of using self service laundry machines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

I am not familiar with Samsung but if you set it for rinse / spin and it completes the cycle I would be checking the heating element as it has to reach temperature before advancing, if it makes no difference it may well be the motor, if you are a good diy you tube will show you how to check it, these motors are generally direct drive with no belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭ongarite

Quick google on Samsung 3E errors, shows issue with motor alright.
    If its really 6 years old then it more than likely has carbon brushes for the motor.
    These are very easy to replace if you have any basic DIY skills.

Advertisement