Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brendan bowyer RIP

Options
  • 29-05-2020 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭

The huckle buck is dead. RIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I met him when he played at the pub my mam works in. Really nice fella. Took the time out to speak to everyone and was very appreciate of Mam helping him through the day. R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Thought he died decades ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I genuinely hadn't a clue who Brendan Bowyer was until I YouTubed him, the Hucklebuck fella!.

I don't remember him specifically but I do know the song of course, put a smile on my face and brought back memories of more innocent times.

Entertaining, I'll listen to a bit more now.. Thanks, and I hope he rests in everlasting peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The lights gone down. Rest In Peace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've a couple of his singles at home, including The Hucklebuck. Not bought by me, but one of my parents got them back in the day. I used to listen to them as a kid. Don't Lose Your Hucklebuck Shoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

How sad, the wiki page for The Hucklebuck doesn't even mention the bauld Brendan.

But it does mention Crystal Swing!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭green n gold

As a very reluctant late teen,one evening i was dragged to a show of his, i was amazed by the performance on stage of Brendan & his band. A true entertainer and a gentleman. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

How sad, the wiki page for The Hucklebuck doesn't even mention the bauld Brendan.

But it does mention Crystal Swing!

It actually does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Brendan Bowyer pulled his wire to make his Dickie Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It actually does.

Woops, so it does.

But not in the heading, where Crystal Swing are mentioned.

For years, I thought it was Brendan's song.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Woops, so it does.

But not in the heading, where Crystal Swing are mentioned.

For years, I thought it was Brendan's song.

A cover, it was already old by the time BB picked up on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

One of many great singers during more innocent times in the 60s and 70s when everyone went out to hear some great singers and dance the night away . He like many others brouht great comfort to the Irish abroad particularly the UK with their songs from home .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

He wouldn’t have been a feature of my record collection but having seen him interviewed countless times throughout then years he did certainly come across as a very nice, humble, humorous and decent individual who got a great joy out of entertaining people and he sure was popular right up to his passing and will be remembered and enjoyed for a long time after it.. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

My parents and grandparents were big fans and I did like his version of Boolavogue

I believe a Waterford native

How many couples met and danced at his shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

LuasSimon wrote: »
    One of many great singers during more innocent times in the 60s and 70s when everyone went out to hear some great singers and dance the night away . .

The days of the Cabaret eh, long gone now I think (not counting CV-19). I used to love going out for a good cabaret, song and dance. Brilliant times.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

You have all those stars now sort of getting to well, senior ages.. saw Dickie on tv a while back, not sounding great, looking a little less than ‘fresh’.. Sonny Knowles, Big Tom and a couple of others having shuffled off not to long ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭patob

Brendan with Elvis, who was a fan and came to see him perform in Vegas a few times. Saw him perform a couple of times. RIP.

Advertisement