Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Considering University of Sunderland next year

• 13-09-2015 1:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Hey everybody. I'm just thinking of my possible options for my future career. I will be doing a course in Colaiste Dhulaigh from which I am able to continue to an Honours Degree in University of Sunderland. I would love to do it for a few reasons. One, it's something that I would like to try out; travel, study abroad, experience something completely different. Two, it's a great opportunity as it is only 1 year to have the Honours degree. Three, I really believe I would love the course that they are offering. Four, I've looked at a few videos on their website and the campus looks amazing.

A few questions are in my head though.

-Is it actually possible that I can go straight from a level 6 from Colaiste Dhulaigh and up to a level 8 in the University of Sunderland? Or could there be some other requirement?

-Is it hard to get a loan? They have this loan that they are offering on their website so I think that would be my option if I'm going. I'm pretty sure I can't afford the £8250 tuition even if I ask my parents for a loan. I don't think they would be able to afford it either.

-I haven't read much about the loan but I saw something regarding living costs loan or something. If I am to go there, I would probably want to avail of that, too. Is the loan amount sufficient to live on?

Thank you all for your time and suggestions :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Bumpity Bump hoping for a reply or two :)

Would like to know of the experience if anyone had moved over and take this loan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Could you post links to the course you're planning to do here and where it talks about Sunderland? I'll do my best once I have the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

pow wow wrote:
    Could you post links to the course you're planning to do here and where it talks about Sunderland? I'll do my best once I have the info.

Thanks. I'm not at home so I'll do it when I get home. It's the computer systems technician year 2 that I'm doing at the moment. I believe the sunderland thing is mentioned on the website itself of colaiste dhulaigh.

Thank you very much. :)

Advertisement