Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entry Requirements UCAS

Options
  • 06-05-2015 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭

So I'm thinking of doing a course in the UK after discovering that I dislike my current course. I'm looking at the courses that I like such as civil engineering and architecture but the entry requirements are awfully high. Do Irish students actually meet these requirements? The lowest I've seen is BBBCC and I can't even meet that..

Guess my question is, do you need to meet the requirements in order to get offered a place in that course or do other factors come into play such as personal statement and other qualifications?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 thelonelyhour

Hey jamo2oo9,

Only saw this now. Give UCAS a call and they will answer your queries. The undergraduate applications close in Janaury but there's a few chances for late applicants...I think they might have already closed though.
    Also, UCAS takes all of the education you add to your application into account. So you can add your college education (even if not completed), Leaving Cert subjects and grades, etc., plus you've the personal statement.

Advertisement