Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

It's my first sober night in my bed in my college house and ugh the mattress is fairly broken and creaky, I turned it around to try and improve the situation and I found dead worms under my bed. Can't cope at the moment, actually afraid to look deeper into the nooks and crannies of this house blehhhhhhh help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

So was supposed to go to paint party tonight in ul but you need student ID. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Slow Show wrote: »
    It's my first sober night in my bed in my college house and ugh the mattress is fairly broken and creaky, I turned it around to try and improve the situation and I found dead worms under my bed. Can't cope at the moment, actually afraid to look deeper into the nooks and crannies of this house blehhhhhhh help.
    Jesus Christ Im not moving into a student house omg not able bye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

deise_girl wrote: »
    Jesus Christ Im not moving into a student house omg not able bye

Student accommodation places are expensive but you won't find dead worms under your bed. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Waiting for my 'introduction to second year law'. I miss my friends...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jhcx wrote: »
    So was supposed to go to paint party tonight in ul but you need student ID. :(

I'm pretty sure a UL student can sign you in if you don't have ID. (At least that's what they've done in previous years). Even if you're not going with a student, the lads on the door are generally pretty sound and will just ask a passer by to sign you in. (Again, this my past experience, things may've changed, remember, I'm old. :P)
    CTYIgirl wrote: »

I was sitting in 4th year lectures earlier. I miss working. I miss money. I miss all the sound lads that have graduated and f*cked off working like inconsiderate sh*tebags.

1 day down. 149 to go and I'll either have the piece of paper, or I'll have failed spectacularly. (Based on the introductory lectures in 2 of my modules, the smart money would be on the latter)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure a UL student can sign you in if you don't have ID. (At least that's what they've done in previous years). Even if you're not going with a student, the lads on the door are generally pretty sound and will just ask a passer by to sign you in. (Again, this my past experience, things may've changed, remember, I'm old. :P )

Thanks. Prolly bit late now to ask my friend. But I'll prolly get a text to say could have anyway should start my course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The worst part about trips home is having to say goodbye again so soon. I never realise how much I miss my friends/family until it's time to go back to England. Thank god my bf is there to make it easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

"Are you watching Tom and Jerry?"

"NO MOM I'M LISTENING TO CIAIKOVSKI GEDDOUT OF MY ROOOM GAAAWD".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I haven't been sober since last Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

all my friends have dropped out. sucks.

I just want to sleeeep. :(

6:04 im the only one alive barely. What is this? Too early to be awake with toothaches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

My lectures start this day next week and I still have no timetable. I can only assume Trinity will make up for this by hand-delivering our timetables on parchment sealed with red wax, on a silver platter, with a complimentary glass of port wine.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I have an exam tomorrow in a subject I just got moved to-TODAY

Jesus... Is there any way you can get the % for the exam moved to be part of the final?

Was meant to be getting a dirty Cactus Jack's for a friend's birthday. Doesn't look like it anymore. I JUST WANT TEQUILA AND LIME CHEESECAKE

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

My throat is breaking because of drinking and kissing too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Why am I the only at college who can't make new friends ? I'm such an awkward tithead

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Why am I the only at college who can't make new friends ? I'm such an awkward tithead

Maybe try and join some clubs or societies and you might spark up a few friendships. It's one of the best ways to get to know people in college :)

• Advertisement

I said I was gonna have a superb day of study where I'd get sooo much done and several hours later, I'm still staring at biochem in some form of disbelief. None of this makes any sense, I don't even know how to study anymore, too much information and not enough time. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

So I'm supposed to be going over to England tomorrow morning to visit a cousin of mine in hospital. Been getting things ready all week with the little free time I've had. All that was left to do was check in online. Was doing that and one of the fields to be filled in was passport expiry date.

Two months out of date. Of all the silly oversights on my part. Anyone know how fast the rapid renewal service is with the dfa is? Or is there anyway of getting to England with a driver's licence?

So I'm supposed to be going over to England tomorrow morning to visit a cousin of mine in hospital. Been getting things ready all week with the little free time I've had. All that was left to do was check in online. Was doing that and one of the fields to be filled in was passport expiry date.

Two months out of date. Of all the silly oversights on my part. Anyone know how fast the rapid renewal service is with the dfa is? Or is there anyway of getting to England with a driver's licence?

Aer Lingus will let you travel over on drivers licence. unless you are in cork or dublin first thing in the morning and get emergency passport wont get one until a few days/weeks

even then emergency passport is not guaranteed on the day

Worst case scenario you could get the ferry also. I think Ryanair are the only airline where it has to be a passport.

So if I book a flight with are lingus my licence will be enough? Drcking Ryanair being awkward

Yup its in there id to travel section. uncles going over next week on his licence

• Advertisement

And there's no hassle coming back from the British side?

shouldnt be. although the border patrol guys in shannon, I dont like them even though im on a irish passport always make me nervous as if im not allowed back in. lol

And there's no hassle coming back from the British side?

If you're flying to Ireland you don't usually go through passport checks. Never did in Stansted or Edinburgh.

In other news, today has been the shíttiest day in a long time.

Flying from Ireland to England anyway you only show ID getting on the plane, not when you land so it's down to the airline. Coming into Ireland again from England you go through immigration but I assume if driving licence is enough for some airlines then it'd be fine. That's going by London-Dublin routes anyway, I fly it every six weeks or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Bullies :mad: :(

• Advertisement

My gf's family have had to put their dog down this evening. Unreal how sad it is. :(

Not something I've had to go through yet.

RIP Mr Dugan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Dropping out after less than a week because I can't afford the fees anymore :(

What am I going to do all year at home.........

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Job hunt I guess . A netflix subscription might come in handy too :P

I find doing something creative helps me when I'm at home for prolonged periods of time. Not sure if you're into writing, making music, making games or whatever, but I find doing stuff like that keeps me sane.

Like, take game-making for example, if you're even slightly interested, there's a load of software out there that lets you basically create a game using click and drag.

You could learn to make a website for your CV.

Setting up a blog and writing something every day about a subject you're into is good too. A daily rant about politics, a daily review of TV shows you're watching, reviews of movies you watch on Netflix.

Worst thing you can do is sit around on Facebook or Boards all day. Trust me when I say that that leads to nowhere good in terms of headspace.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

The biggest night of freshers week tonight and at home (in my hometown) in bed cos the doctor sent me home i was so sick.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I forgot how fun it was trying to read two novels and a play in a week.

Feeling so worn down and tired the last while. I think it may be time to look for a new job soon. 6 months at 65 hours a week in a good but not great restaurants doesn't seem too worth it any more. If
    I'm doing these sorts of hours is prefer to be doing a higher standard. Hours are going to increase next month to five doubles a week, I'm genuinely scared about it I don't know if I'll physically, never mind mentally be able to handle it. Being a chef is most definitely a young persons game. I've no idea where I'll be in 10 years. Ugh need sleep.

College is hard. Good, but hard. I flit between being as calm as could be to a stressed mess four times a day. I love my friends, love my life from day-to-day, love what we're doing for the most part. Hate the volume of information, hate how stupid and incompetent I feel 75% of the time, hate biochem labs. I guess it's time for me to realise that going out twice a week won't be sustainable, that I can't achieve the same level of perfection that I managed in school and should adjust my standards accordingly, that the library isn't a social venture and is where real work should be done. Be grand, the trick is not to panic, I got this...

getting a head cold i think :( And i know who gave it to me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Jhcx wrote: »
    getting a head cold i think :( And i know who gave it to me.

Same and same tbh

• Advertisement

Phone is after crashing and deleted a load of apps

2 arrgghs in one night oh dear. but anyway's partly being awake for nearly 24 hours and having some sort of head cold where my breath is literally on fire. is not a great combination. Even ice cream melts

Having 1 hour between lectures is the worst.

Having 1 hour between lectures is the worst.

We used to go to the canteen and have a huge fry when we had those. :D

pajor wrote: »
    We used to go to the canteen and have a huge fry when we had those. :D

I'm friends with few people in my course :P All my friends do other stoopid courses!

That class is so separated, nobody really clicked.

That class is so separated, nobody really clicked.

Agreed, I have one good friend in my class and my best friend is in corp then that's it really!

Starting new job today and I'm as stomach is killing me. Why today :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Nobody seems to want to hire me. I need a job to continue living in Dublin so I actually pass my exams this year. I've gotten so desperate I even had a mini-Twitter hashtag campaign going on yesterday. Stoopid economic climate *walks away grumbling under breath* :(

• Advertisement

There's always work in the service industry moneys ****, people treat you like ****. It'll get you through college though.

Advertisement