Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 new or used ?

Options
  • 21-06-2019 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭

With the PS5 around the cornor, is it worth paying 300 for a brand new PS4 slim ?
    I could get a used one for about 200 on adverts:confused:. The risk of buying a blocked system is risky when buying used with no warranty :confused:

I saw a PS4 slim "Days of play" special edition for 300 today. What is this, just a color scheme ?

Gamestop want 269 for a used ps4 slim, hardly worth it when a new one is 30 more :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

I paid more for mine 2 months ago and have no regrets. I'm usually happier to go new with tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Try Smyths and Argos aswell shop around , but yeah buy new for definite

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

There is also a significant risk of loud fan noise with used consoles. Better to buy new if that will bother you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I got mine new with Amazon Warehouse deals - some decent offers pop up every so often but you have to be patient. I got a 1tb model for about £185 iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, I'd always go new over used if the budget allows, and even with the PS5 on the horizon the PS4 will still have life for a good few years after the release. Get a Pro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Terminator wrote: »
    There is also a significant risk of loud fan noise with used consoles. Better to buy new if that will bother you.

Yeah I recently bought a new PS4 pro and it was due to my PS4 sounding like a jet engine.

Advertisement