Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Rumoured starting XV
    RK, Larmour, Ringrose, Henshaw, Lowe, Sexton, Luke
    Healy, Cronin, Furlong, Toner, Ryan, Fardy, SOB, Conan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Rumoured starting XV
    RK, Larmour, Ringrose, Henshaw, Lowe, Sexton, Luke
    Healy, Cronin, Furlong, Toner, Ryan, Fardy, SOB, Conan

Cronin is fit? That would be great news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Will it be named tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Synode wrote: »
    Will it be named tomorrow?

Friday lunchtime I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Trojan wrote: »
    Cronin is fit? That would be great news!

Fitness test tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

That must be pretty close to the full strength team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

mfceiling wrote: »
    That must be pretty close to the full strength team?

In terms of "full strength" it's really just the two flankers who wouldn't be seen as first choice I guess, but they're both decorated internationals and neither are really a noticeable step down, other than questions over SOB's form as of late. First choice would be Ruddock at 6 and VdF/Leavy at 7 or something similar.

Same team as Toulouse, hard to argue against that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Semi final tickets now on public sale via Ticketmaster.

KO moved from 3pm to 2.30pm too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Ruddock being fit is a huge boost. Need that physicality and intelligence.

• Advertisement

Semi final tickets now on public sale via Ticketmaster.

KO moved from 3pm to 2.30pm too...

Minimising TV overlap with last day of the Premier League I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭daddy pig

Minimising TV overlap with last day of the Premier League I suppose

The last day of the premier league is actually this Sunday.

The FA Cup final is on the 18th May at 5pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Someone will attempt to though...

daddy pig wrote: »
    The last day of the premier league is actually this Sunday.

The FA Cup final is on the 18th May at 5pm.

Ah, I knew there was some soccer-related thing happening, it was the same last year IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭daddy pig

I managed to pick up tickets in block C in the Anglesea Stand this morning so happy with that - surprised there were that good seats left I was expecting to be in the north/south stand if i got any tickets.

Has any team done back to back doubles?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Leicester are the only ones in 02 and 03 AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Pre season friendly v Canada in August announced

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    Pre season friendly v Canada in August announced

In Canada, same day as RWC warmup in London with England v Ireland on 24 August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Win the Heneiken Cup and then let Munster beat us....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Interview with Rob Kearney on Virgin Medias programme has him a bit coy about his future and reflecting on it possibly being his last game for Leinster.

Wonder if it will be!

Interview with Rob Kearney on Virgin Medias programme has him a bit coy about his future and reflecting on it possibly being his last game for Leinster.

Wonder if it will be!

He is gone based on all the comments I have heard....now just pub talk and a few bits on podcasts but it looks like he wont stick around

Leinster probably need to move on as well with a new FB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Wonder if it will be!

He is gone based on all the comments I have heard....now just pub talk and a few bits on podcasts but it looks like he wont stick around

Leinster probably need to move on as well with a new FB

It'll be a Larmour, Lowe and Byrne back 3 going forward I imagine.

troyzer wrote: »

I guess you mean Larmour at 15? Lancaster view is Larmour is the next 15....

I think Tomane might have more prominant role next season on wing

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    troyzer wrote: »

I guess you mean Larmour at 15? Lancaster view is Larmour is the next 15....

I think Tomane might have more prominant role next season on wing

Larmour at full back.

Possibly more of Tomane on the wing. It'll be rare to see those back 3 playing many Pro14 games so there will be plenty of games to go around. Kelleher needs to get minutes too.

McFadden and Dave Kearney will probably be gone I imagine. It doesn't look like Jack Kelly is getting a senior contract.

Rob Kearney was pretty good in November, he was terrific last year against Saracens in the game I like to call "Rob Kearney makes Owen Farrell's kicking game look predictable". He would be a huge loss to Leinster, he is incredible underrated.

Rob Kearney was pretty good in November, he was terrific last year against Saracens in the game I like to call "Rob Kearney makes Owen Farrell's kicking game look predictable". He would be a huge loss to Leinster, he is incredible underrated.

I don't think he is underrated but people have short memories.

He was really, really struggling for fitness at the start of 2019. It took him ages to get back. That's only going to get worse as he's older.

• Advertisement

I am a massive massive fan of Rob, he is an incredible player but Leinster need to transition a few players post WC, Rob and Seanie I think will be gone

McFadden and D Kearney will stay I hope, D Kearney is only 29 with very little miles on clock so could play next 4 years at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Tomane isn't near good enough to be retained.

Larbre34 wrote: »

Here we go.

It didn’t take long for the Tomane bashing to start on this new thread...where’s Richie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'm not bashing him for the sake of it. ShefWed suggests he sees him in a more prominent role on the wing next season, I disagree with that for a few reasons, among which are the scarcity of good performances where he doesn't go missing. I think he's an overly expensive second stringer.

Ever notice whenever the selection conundrum around Fardy, Lowe and JGP comes up, Tomane isn't within an asses roar of that discussion? Thats hardly the player who is likely to have an increased profile next year, and definitely not out of position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'm not bashing him for the sake of it. ShefWed suggests he sees him in a more prominent role on the wing next season, I disagree with that for a few reasons, among which are the scarcity of good performances where he doesn't go missing. I think he's an overly expensive second stringer.

Ever notice whenever the selection conundrum around Fardy, Lowe and JGP comes up, Tomane isn't within an asses roar of that discussion? Thats hardly the player who is likely to have an increased profile next year, and definitely not out of position.

He's exempt from that ruling.

• Advertisement

It’s his first season with Leinster and got hit with a few injuries, he will be well settled next year with something to prove....he is a class player

Maybe if some sections of the fans would get off his back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

If you took your xenophobic specs off for a minute, you’d realize that’s because he isn’t affected by that. But don’t let facts get in the way of your bias.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,830 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Lots wrong here.

Why do you think he's that expensive?
    Tomane is the one who pushed for the move.

And as said, he didn't fall into the foreigner rule. Anyway that wont be an issue in the new season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Lots of Leinster tops in Dublin Airport.

COYBIB!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I think Tomane will have a bigger role next year and I think he has a lot of potential for us. I don't agree with the level of animosity that's been shown towards him by some sections of supporters.

But lads, if you calmed down a second and thought a little outside the box, I'd suspect you might find that one angle that Larbre34 may have been taking re the kolpak issue is that we haven't ever heard a strong discussion on starting fardy and JGP because we won't miss Lowe as much because larmour is on great form and Tomane is tearing it up on the other wing. I strongly suspect that's the angle the poster was taking. I mean, he even mentioned in his post the 3 players that are subject to the "selection conundrum"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Lots of Leinster tops in Dublin Airport.

COYBIB!

Same on the boat...

Uriel. wrote: »
    I think Tomane will have a bigger role next year and I think he has a lot of potential for us. I don't agree with the level of animosity that's been shown towards him by some sections of supporters.

But lads, if you calmed down a second and thought a little outside the box, I'd suspect you might find that one angle that Larbre34 may have been taking re the kolpak issue is that we haven't ever heard a strong discussion on starting fardy and JGP because we won't miss Lowe as much because larmour is on great form and Tomane is tearing it up on the other wing. I strongly suspect that's the angle the poster was taking. I mean, he even mentioned in his post the 3 players that are subject to the "selection conundrum"

See below comments from Larbre34.....they give me a fairly clear idea of what "angle" he/she is taking on this.....

Lets just say I disagree in polite response
    I think he's an overly expensive second stringer.
    Tomane isn't within an asses roar of that discussion?

We've played tomane predominately in the center, plus he spent a HUGE portion of the season injured.

That's why he isn't in the discussion when deciding between a flanker, sh and wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Is Tomane not outside the Kolpak rule? He was born in NZ.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Is Tomane not outside the Kolpak rule? He was born in NZ.

He is but that's not why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

sydthebeat wrote: »
    He is but that's not why
    ? :confused:

prawnsambo wrote: »
    ? :confused:

He has a Samoan passport which makes him exempt

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jaansu

I think he has a Samoan passport.

Born in NZ but with Samoan parents

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I neither think Tomane is the liability that people make him out to be nor do I think he will be featuring primarily on the wing next season.

He hit some very promising performances recently in the exact role that we signed him for. A hard running centre that we can launch some good front foot ball off.

Cian Kelleher is coming back don't forget and I think we will see him feature a good bit. He hasn't lit it up at Connacht but I think he has all the attributes to be a very good player and hopefully can flourish with our attacking structures.

His strike rate is worse than Byrne, Lowe, Larmour and Daly though. Am still hopeful

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement