Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small project request

Options
  • 20-01-2021 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

let me if this should be in another location.

I am an amateur hobbyist c# web programmer looking for help
    I am trying (without much luck) to set up an authentication system against a local active directory server

The architecture is as follows
    Local win server 2019 domain controller, local win 10 pro workstation with VS2019 installed

I need someone to develop a small web app that authenticates against the local LDAP domain controller.

This server has the following roles
    -AD domain controller.
    -AD FS Self Signed Cert ADFS has a relying party trust set up

I would like a simple c#ASP.NET MVC app written that authenticates against the local domain controller.

The app just needs to show authentication works by having a public and a secret method.

this requires knowledge of windows server as well as C# ASP.NET as the server side may need to be checked out also

I would like someone with c# dev experience and win server 2019 experience to quote me on getting this completed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Obrienc wrote: »
    let me if this should be in another location.

I am an amateur hobbyist c# web programmer looking for help
    I am trying (without much luck) to set up an authentication system against a local active directory server

The architecture is as follows
    Local win server 2019 domain controller, local win 10 pro workstation with VS2019 installed

I need someone to develop a small web app that authenticates against the local LDAP domain controller.

This server has the following roles
    -AD domain controller.
    -AD FS Self Signed Cert ADFS has a relying party trust set up

I would like a simple c#ASP.NET MVC app written that authenticates against the local domain controller.

The app just needs to show authentication works by having a public and a secret method.

this requires knowledge of windows server as well as C# ASP.NET as the server side may need to be checked out also

I would like someone with c# dev experience and win server 2019 experience to quote me on getting this completed.

You want to use Identity Server to set up an SSO application that uses AD as the provider.

You can then setup your client applications as "relying parties" using OAUTH that will redirect to the SSO application to authenticate and then redirect back.

It has a basic Admin UI package that can be used. Identity Server is fantastic and is actually used for the authentication stuff that ships out of the box with ASP.Net Core

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Obrienc

so if I follow the tutorials on this page it should set me in the right direction?

https://www.identityserver.com/articles/online-tutorials-for-getting-started-with-identityserver4-and-adminui

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Advertisement