Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Castle Farm Dunboyne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Raighne01

Wormy001 wrote: »
    Unfortunate news about the broadband. especially with the amount of WFH that is currently happening. Hope they sort that soon for you!

We are seriously considering the attic stairs too. Would love an idea of cost if you don’t mind sharing? Or a picture of how it looks? Where did you lose the space on the second floor?

Photo 3

549073.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Raighne01 wrote: »
    Photo 3

nice job on the stairs & lovely finish -I’m in the market for an attic stairs for what may now become a home office ( elsewhere) - would you mind sharing the cost & who did it please? Lively job. Good luck in new home!

PS -shocking re broadband! There was a thread on boards aboutElon Musts star broadband project -available in Ireland apparently and set up cost e500 & monthly fee. Given some 3mobile appalling non-service it might be worth looking up/a read.

nice job on the stairs & lovely finish -I’m in the market for an attic stairs for what may now become a home office ( elsewhere) - would you mind sharing the cost & who did it please? Lively job. Good luck in new home!

PS -shocking re broadband! There was a thread on boards aboutElon Musts star broadband project -available in Ireland apparently and set up cost e500 & monthly fee. Given some 3mobile appalling non-service it might be worth looking up/a read.

Thank you! I'll PM you the details in a minute.

Ya, I read about that a couple of week's ago, it seems fairly pricey so it looks like Eir Mobile Broadband for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niniboots

For anyone looking to buy phase 3, prices are 100% going up. EA confirmed today there will be price increases, TBA they don't have exact pricing structures yet. If you notice they removed prices and put POA on new adds. My bet is 20k up on each unit price, seems to be the madness that is going around.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 househunter21

It is madness. There was a new phase released nearby in Priestown, Kilbride which sold out within a couple of hours yesterday. 3-bed semis selling from 410k off plans with no showhouse and a 10k booking deposit required. They also don't have clarity yet on whether the attics are convertible! I fear it's a sign of what's to come in the market.

It's really so difficult and we are finding the whole process so stressful. Nothing anyone can do at this stage just wait it out if you can (we are lucky with our rental and area its in), although who knows when supply will pick up again

We thought we might be lucky and get 3 bed end but looks like 2bed apartment at this stage the way prices are going. Priestown were overpriced at launch plus that site is small in comparison to the 200 acres area development which is planned for Kilbride.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jomurray

Does anyone know when the EA will provide the next update on when phase 3 will be released?

Also, I wonder with Covid how will reserving a unit logistically work?

Hi, I spoke with the EA in the past week. Phase 3 is likely to be released from the end of May/June. You can reserve one when they are released by calling/emailing Sherry Fitzgerald Maynooth.

3 beds likely to be touching above 400k and the 4 beds closer to 500k.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ciarah1504

Hi,
    Does anyone know any updates on this estate and ideas around release date. It’s almost impossible to understand what houses are being released when and at what price.
    Have just read through this forum and wondering if anyone knew anymore on the situation since last posted.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

It is madness. There was a new phase released nearby in Priestown, Kilbride which sold out within a couple of hours yesterday. 3-bed semis selling from 410k off plans with no showhouse and a 10k booking deposit required. They also don't have clarity yet on whether the attics are convertible! I fear it's a sign of what's to come in the market.

while i agree with everything you have said - those houses in kilbride look phenomenal from the road - way way better than the ones in dunboyne - now couldnt tell you what the inside is like and you are far more "country" out there but the two arent comparable much in my eyes.

• Advertisement

while i agree with everything you have said - those houses in kilbride look phenomenal from the road - way way better than the ones in dunboyne - now couldnt tell you what the inside is like and you are far more "country" out there but the two arent comparable much in my eyes.

They are really high quality houses,quartz kitchen worktops and underfloor heating downstairs, they have many extras other houses don’t. This phase is a new style. We registered interest, however the EA only released 6 houses to the public, the smaller north facing rear ones. No idea what they done with the rest. We had our heart set on one was very disappointed

Yes, we were in the same boat. The EA told me the builder sold the south-facing ones but I suspect Tormey Lee were much more involved than they let on... We took a trip down to Castlefarm last weekend and I think we're going to hold off reserving in phase 3. We thought the 3 beds are a little on the small side and think 400k is just too much. We have AIP for a year so we're going to sit it out for a few months I think rather than panic buy despite the temptation!

I spoke with the EA last week. She said unlikely to be released before the end of May and they're also chasing the builder to confirm price and how many houses will be released. I know the builder has sold one of the remaining 4 beds to a family member/friend so that leaves just 3. They'll touch just below 500k which in my view is completely over the top. A 100k difference between the 3 bed and 4 bed just isn't sustainable and I'd be worried about resale value in the future when the market corrects itself - just an opinion!

I spoke with the EA last week. She said unlikely to be released before the end of May and they're also chasing the builder to confirm price and how many houses will be released. I know the builder has sold one of the remaining 4 beds to a family member/friend so that leaves just 3. They'll touch just below 500k which in my view is completely over the top. A 100k difference between the 3 bed and 4 bed just isn't sustainable and I'd be worried about resale value in the future when the market corrects itself - just an opinion!

Agree, agree, agree the market is completely dysfunctional and the increases for new builds are not sustainable for resale imo, if you have the money & are happy to keep for 15+ years go for it, however, we are also in a position now to hold off for a couple of years. I just keep thinking once the planning is given full permisson for the Connaugton lands (820 no. residential units (336 no. houses, 484 no. apartments), 2 no. creches and Clonee lands 220 house/duplex on the backroads, Kellystown 320 houses in D.15 which are all in the rougly 10/15 mins (same vacinity) that these houses will be overpriced. Granted though anyone who is buying is doing so for a 'family home' so resale is not as big an issue if you plan to keep. It's all relative to your circumstances.

Remember Kilcock also has large expansion plans with planning in An Bord Pleanala at the moment, those houses are beautiful in Priestown, however the ones you are viewing from road are 4 bed and detached (beautiful house and much better than Dunboyne 4bed layout), the 3bed were in final phase and they were similar imo to Dunboyne.

Yes, we were in the same boat. The EA told me the builder sold the south-facing ones but I suspect Tormey Lee were much more involved than they let on... We took a trip down to Castlefarm last weekend and I think we're going to hold off reserving in phase 3. We thought the 3 beds are a little on the small side and think 400k is just too much. We have AIP for a year so we're going to sit it out for a few months I think rather than panic buy despite the temptation!

A family member of mine knows many people in the industry and asked around about Priestown and apparently the builder has no interest in keeping properties in the development, my guess is EA maximizing own profit. It’s a shame really we had our heart set on it.
    I haven’t seen the ones in this development yet but thank you for the feed back. I also think 500k for the 4 bedroom house is very over priced. In bellingsmore the 4 bedroom house with the exact same layout but bigger was 410k it was 480k for a show home , Hollywoodrath is current at its highest and 455k for a 4 bedroom house. Considering these are Dublin properties resale value is bound to be better than in Dunboyne so I agree with you there.
    I think it’s just the wrong time at the moment with the pandemic, we are also considering just watching over the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Homebuyer21

Ciarah1504 wrote: »
    A family member of mine knows many people in the industry and asked around about Priestown and apparently the builder has no interest in keeping properties in the development, my guess is EA maximizing own profit. It’s a shame really we had our heart set on it.
    I haven’t seen the ones in this development yet but thank you for the feed back. I also think 500k for the 4 bedroom house is very over priced. In bellingsmore the 4 bedroom house with the exact same layout but bigger was 410k it was 480k for a show home , Hollywoodrath is current at its highest and 455k for a 4 bedroom house. Considering these are Dublin properties resale value is bound to be better than in Dunboyne so I agree with you there.
    I think it’s just the wrong time at the moment with the pandemic, we are also considering just watching over the next year.

I completely agree that prices are so high...but I’m worried they may not come down, with inflation and demand exceeding supply. Bellingsmore is in Tyrellstown, and Hollywoodrath is in Hollystown. As I am aware, properties in both areas would typically be cheaper than properties in dunboyne, although they are in county Dublin...I don’t think having a Meath address should effect resale potential...Pierce-town is lovely but if secondary school is a consideration, it’s a bit of a drive...
    Also as for things like quartz work tops and underfloor heating...they’re not hugely expensive to add in later...if needs be

Kilbride is a more spacious development. The interiors are beautiful. We visited the original show house and considered it.. it is quite remote though...which can be nice too...i

In Dunboyne there are so many facilities, primary and secondary schools, clubs, running track, restaurants, shops, park next door, train station opposite...children could be in safe walk or cycle distance from everything...meaning potentially a lot less family time spent in the car...Castle farm with easily convertible attic ticked more boxes for us.

Location is so important, but you will get more for the same money further out...

Kilbride is a more spacious development. The interiors are beautiful. We visited the original show house and considered it.. it is quite remote though...which can be nice too...i

In Dunboyne there are so many facilities, primary and secondary schools, clubs, running track, restaurants, shops, park next door, train station opposite...children could be in safe walk or cycle distance from everything...meaning potentially a lot less family time spent in the car...Castle farm with easily convertible attic ticked more boxes for us.

Location is so important, but you will get more for the same money further out...

oh i agree 100% - the facilities are great for kids, but theres loads more that i think the village needs.
    Quality of the restaurants are poor - in my opinion only one decent one there.
    By all accounts the secondary school is one of the best in the country, and has a huge catchment (or at least has huge numbers coming from outside dunboyne).
    Its good because its small so yes the kids wont have far to go for your everyday things, but if they get into anything other than GAA you are in trouble (i say trouble just means more time in the car). There are no other sports facilities not even a public soccer pitch apart from the astros.
    Im sure all the other stuff will come along as the village grows of course.

oh i agree 100% - the facilities are great for kids, but theres loads more that i think the village needs.
    Quality of the restaurants are poor - in my opinion only one decent one there.
    By all accounts the secondary school is one of the best in the country, and has a huge catchment (or at least has huge numbers coming from outside dunboyne).
    Its good because its small so yes the kids wont have far to go for your everyday things, but if they get into anything other than GAA you are in trouble (i say trouble just means more time in the car). There are no other sports facilities not even a public soccer pitch apart from the astros.
    Im sure all the other stuff will come along as the village grows of course.

So I spoke to my friend who lives in dunboyne today...he said Dunboyne also has an excellent soccer club, with with lots of pitches, another Astro, a new world class athletics track, tennis club, scouts, community centre with every sport you could want, gymnastics, ballet, badminton, martial arts, basket ball. It doesn’t have a pool or rugby club yet, but nearly everything else. Plenty of choice if you don’t want to travel...Coolmine and Westmanstown pool are a 5 mins drive too. National sports complex in Blanchardstown within 10 mins drive too. Airport within 30 mins too...I’m i for a village.
    He said it’s a very pro-active sporty community, there are plans for more facilities too.

Also he named lots of good restaurants and cafes ..thinks there are over 10. La bucca, Frank and Honest, Avoca, and new cafe ‘so-up’ get top top reviews. Lidl, Aldi within a few Kms and supervalue....Also 10 mins from lots more restaurants in maynooth and blanch...super handy location in my mind. I’ve done a bit of research...Castle Farm is still our best option.

Now all we need are the keys and for all these sports clubs, shops, facilities and and restaurants to reopen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Harleyheels_92

Has anyone who has moved in so far been able to get internet broadband set up? Someone mentioned a while ago that only mobile broadband is available at the moment. We should be moving in in July and would be handy for WFH if proper broadband was already set up!

Has anyone who has moved in so far been able to get internet broadband set up? Someone mentioned a while ago that only mobile broadband is available at the moment. We should be moving in in July and would be handy for WFH if proper broadband was already set up!

Hi! Still only mobile broadband available in the estate at the moment. A neighbour was talking to someone from KN connect and they said they hope to lay down the broadband wiring in the next 1-2 months but that's not a guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Wormy001

By any chance does anyone have the dimensions per room of the 3-bed semi-d or terraced houses?

I know there are approximations on Sherry Fitz but they don't include the hall/landing and also there may be a few changes as the pictures were originally estimates I believe?

We are having a look at floor options and are trying to see what supplies would be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

By any chance does anyone have the dimensions per room of the 3-bed semi-d or terraced houses?

I know there are approximations on Sherry Fitz but they don't include the hall/landing and also there may be a few changes as the pictures were originally estimates I believe?

We are having a look at floor options and are trying to see what supplies would be needed.

Wormy, just emailed you on the measurements Harley Heels kindly sent on to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BucketListers

Hey folks, we got a rough date that'll they'll let snaggers in for our house, how long did it take between snagging and getting the keys for any of you who've moved into the first row in castle farm?

Hey folks, we got a rough date that'll they'll let snaggers in for our house, how long did it take between snagging and getting the keys for any of you who've moved into the first row in castle farm?

Hi,

There was roughly 4 weeks between the time we had our snag completed and being given the keys.

• Advertisement

I’ve heard that repairing what’s on your snag list can take up to a month. It depends what you put on your snag list. If there’s very little it will probably take less time...

Plants have gone in for phase 2, it looks great.

To anyone who’s had a snag list done (in Castle Farm)....what were the main issues that came up for snagging?..in case we miss anything... They’ll probably be similar for all houses..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jacobs_Stripe

Hi all,

Does anyone know what company has supplied the grey herringbone flooring in the 4bed show house number 23? I’ve attached a photo.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Does anyone know what company has supplied the grey herringbone flooring in the 4bed show house number 23? I’ve attached a photo.

Thanks!

Hey

The company is Pat's Carpets Ratoath and it's Castle Grey Herringbone

I’ve heard that repairing what’s on your snag list can take up to a month. It depends what you put on your snag list. If there’s very little it will probably take less time...

Plants have gone in for phase 2, it looks great.

To anyone who’s had a snag list done (in Castle Farm)....what were the main issues that came up for snagging?..in case we miss anything... They’ll probably be similar for all houses..

Would be interested to know what issues came up in snagging also if anyone can let us know. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ed.juniper4

Hi everyone! Just came across this thread at the weekend and have found it really helpful. We have purchased in phase 2 of the estate - seems like there is a great community already! I see some of you have mentioned you are due to snag mid June, unfortunately we have not received word of the same-although the row looks complete...We were really hoping to be in by the end of June.
    I know some have considered adding an island to the the 3 bed- just wondering if you have looked into this as we are considering the same? We are also hoping to convert the attic- if you could PM a quote that would be great. Thanks!

• Advertisement

Hi everyone! Just came across this thread at the weekend and have found it really helpful. We have purchased in phase 2 of the estate - seems like there is a great community already! I see some of you have mentioned you are due to snag mid June, unfortunately we have not received word of the same-although the row looks complete...We were really hoping to be in by the end of June.
    I know some have considered adding an island to the the 3 bed- just wondering if you have looked into this as we are considering the same? We are also hoping to convert the attic- if you could PM a quote that would be great. Thanks!

Hi Ed,

We are in the same phase as you (the last row I'm guessing?). I actually asked the builder last week about snagging and they said it will more then likely be mid-late July. With those dates in mind it will probably be Mid-late august before we close on the house unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 barbarosa

Hi Ed,

We are in the same phase as you (the last row I'm guessing?). I actually asked the builder last week about snagging and they said it will more then likely be mid-late July. With those dates in mind it will probably be Mid-late august before we close on the house unfortunately.

Same here .... Phase 2 houses .... can confirm the same estimates provided by EA/builder - mid-end'july, for initial inspection, then add another few weeks for the snagging, final inspection/closing dates...
    Even though houses look ready on the ouside, there is still lots going on inside - electricity,heating,insulation,walls, etc etc etc;

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ed.juniper4

We are actually in the second row behind phase 1- Numbers 33-42, that's why I wasn't sure had we missed a message from foreman or if that row is being done in sections? Foreman had told us a while back that it would be about 6 weeks from reopening on April 12th and would probably be mid June for snagging so that's why we were surprised we hadn't heard any further. It's a tough waiting game but great to see developments being made each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FTBuyer2021

Hey

I’m in same middle row 33-42. I think we’re due to be snagging within next few weeks. Foreman has been in touch regarding getting final valuation etc. The last row only had scaffolding come down recently so might be more internal work left to do in them? I’m only speculating on last row, really not sure if they’re a few weeks behind! :)
    We are actually in the second row behind phase 1- Numbers 33-42, that's why I wasn't sure had we missed a message from foreman or if that row is being done in sections? Foreman had told us a while back that it would be about 6 weeks from reopening on April 12th and would probably be mid June for snagging so that's why we were surprised we hadn't heard any further. It's a tough waiting game but great to see developments being made each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Homie125

Anyone who has had the attic converted in the 3 bed properties does the conversion (stairs) take away from any of the bedrooms/walk in wardrobe? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 15 barbarosa

Homie125 wrote: »
    Anyone who has had the attic converted in the 3 bed properties does the conversion (stairs) take away from any of the bedrooms/walk in wardrobe? TIA

Hey, Check page #7 in this thread, Raighne01 posted some pictures from the completed works on landings to the attic in a 3X bedroom in this estate - no space was needed to be taken away from any of the rooms, nor other space needed to be lost...

Prices and properties have just been released for next phases. Best of luck to you all! We ended up buying elsewhere in Meath so one less FTB to compete with :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

Prices up by 35 to 40K per house type since December.
    4 bed at 500K, 3 bed end of terrace at 410-420K and mid-terrace to 390K.

Big money for FTB even with HTB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭CWF

ongarite wrote: »

Where are you finding the prices?

I got emailed an invite to the release of the last 2 phases this Friday with prices for all 22 houses.
    If its anything like last phase, if you haven't booked a slot now they will all be gone by 1pm on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 FTBloo

Hey, just wondering if anyone that has tried to book a viewing for this Friday or Saturday received any confirmation from SherryFitz? We emailed almost straight away but haven't heard anything back? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭cromelex

FTBloo wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering if anyone that has tried to book a viewing for this Friday or Saturday received any confirmation from SherryFitz? We emailed almost straight away but haven't heard anything back? Thanks

I emailed within 10 minutes and still have not received anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

Do you know what was the price in last phases for 3 bed semi ?

The price list I received today for 3 bed semi has price between 425-430K. I am wondering what was in phase 1 and phase 2.

is that 4 bed a semi d? thats an awful price. just had a quick look there are a few 4 beds in dunboyne some less than that price others a little more (but in nice established estates) - thats huge money like mad money. of course its the increase in building supplies being tacked on but also the htb premium aswell

merikahan wrote: »
    Do you know what was the price in last phases for 3 bed semi ?

The price list I received today for 3 bed semi has price between 425-430K. I am wondering what was in phase 1 and phase 2.

3 bed semi-d was 395K in phase 2 from December.
    There was only 1 unit in that phase, number 43.
    is that 4 bed a semi d? thats an awful price. just had a quick look there are a few 4 beds in dunboyne some less than that price others a little more (but in nice established estates) - thats huge money like mad money. of course its the increase in building supplies being tacked on but also the htb premium aswell

The 4-bed are semi-d,3-storey house so same basic footprint as the 3-bed units. 2 of the units are asking 510K which is insane, both have slightly larger gardens

3 bed semi-d was 395K in phase 2 from December.
    There was only 1 unit in that phase, number 43.

The 4-bed are semi-d,3-storey house so same basic footprint as the 3-bed units. 2 of the units are asking 510K which is insane, both have slightly larger gardens

jesus christ. i mean i get the reasons why - but you just dont know what you will get with a new build. look at dunboyne castle estate! i know they had major issues (some still do) with pyrite, scary money for what it is. half a million quid for a semi d in co meath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭cromelex

FTBloo wrote: »
    cromelex wrote: »
    I emailed within 10 minutes and still have not received anything back.

Just got an email from them confirming having received over 350 requests for the viewings and gone on a first come, first served basis.

10 minutes was already too late, looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Freedom2022

I emailed exactly 7 minutes after I got the email this afternoon at 2.28. Just got the reply that they dealt with over 350 email on a first received - first responded basis but they are now fully booked for both days. Ridiculous!!! How they fill all appointments in 6 minutes? Or they send the emails to some people earlier in the day. I got the invitation on another email address 3 hours later. It must be a premium list! Very annoyed!

Sorry to anyone who wanted & didn't get viewing, I appreciate the market is crazy but seriously the greed attached to those updated prices. 30 to 45k increases, the 2 bed is 350k its just ridiculous.

We registered but didn't bother responding when we saw the price increases. I know others will be in more difficult positions and it just goes to show the level of desperation if 350 emails arrived in a short time.

• Advertisement

I emailed exactly 7 minutes after I got the email this afternoon at 2.28. Just got the reply that they dealt with over 350 email on a first received - first responded basis but they are now fully booked for both days. Ridiculous!!! How they fill all appointments in 6 minutes? Or they send the emails to some people earlier in the day. I got the invitation on another email address 3 hours later. It must be a premium list! Very annoyed!

As far as I know their list of emails for this phase was well into the thousands. Depending on the system they have setup for their emails I'd imagine there was quite some time between emails. I received one 6 minutes before you for example. Very unfortunate for everyone that the supply is far far smaller then the demand :(

Advertisement