Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parklands Citywest

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ParkMM

Hi All,
    What are your view on harcourt developers ? Any suggestions on this. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Yella

Renjit wrote: »
    Check the virtual tour here for House Type 4. You will be able to verify details about the kitchen.

Renjit, In the virtual tour there is no space for a dishwasher and washing machine. Where do we place it?

I have booked 66 parklands place, off the plans, with an August delivery date. How realistic is the August date? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Yella wrote: »
    Renjit, In the virtual tour there is no space for a dishwasher and washing machine. Where do we place it?

I have booked 66 parklands place, off the plans, with an August delivery date. How realistic is the August date? Thank you.

Dishwasher and washing machine are integrated under the kitchen countertop. I have a video on my cellphone. I will upload it later and post it here.

Our snag date was supposed to be in Aug, then delayed to December, and now it is delayed to March-April end.

The work is slow. Consider Oct-Nov delivery in your case if everything goes fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Yella

Dishwasher and washing machine are integrated under the kitchen countertop. I have a video on my cellphone. I will upload it later and post it here.

Our snag date was supposed to be in Aug, then delayed to December, and now it is delayed to March-April end.

The work is slow. Consider Oct-Nov delivery in your case if everything goes fine.

Thanks Renjit. I have also booked a 4-bed house (which we loved) in Newcastle ready to be handed over in Mid April or Max May. Waiting till Nov will be an issue for us as my wife's contract ends in Jan'22

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kcv_dcm

ParkMM wrote: »
    Hi All,
    What are your view on harcourt developers ? Any suggestions on this. Thanks

Stay away from this developer (may be others are the same I dont know). But seem to be messing up in Parklands big time by subcontracting the construction to some lazy firm !

• Advertisement

Thanks Renjit. I have also booked a 4-bed house (which we loved) in Newcastle ready to be handed over in Mid April or Max May. Waiting till Nov will be an issue for us as my wife's contract ends in Jan'22

My friendly advice is just take Newcastle. They have messed up Parklands big time. The avg. occupation time is an year (even without considering breakdown in construction due to Covid). Moreover, due to the pandemic the banks have become very strict in lending and drawdown. You should know this as we see various cases reported in news papers.

Is it Cornerpark? Go for the one which is already in completed status.

kcv_dcm wrote: »
    Stay away from this developer (may be others are the same I dont know). But seem to be messing up in Parklands big time by subcontracting the construction to some lazy firm !

Hi there, in the level 5 restrictions , country where engineers come from the north , how can you blame the developers to be lazy ? Not to do work ? Have you seen other developers around ? Any comments on this ? Thanks

ParkMM wrote: »
    Hi there, in the level 5 restrictions , country where engineers come from the north , how can you blame the developers to be lazy ? Not to do work ? Have you seen other developers around ? Any comments on this ? Thanks

I did my homework well w.r.t to checking other developments undertaken by Cairns, Savills, etc etc. Good quality service. All you have to do is just ask folks who already bought and they will tell you their plight. And, touch base with a few snagger who snagged houses in this venture. NOTE: I am not blaming Harcourt here. Its the construction firm to which they have subcontracted entire building process is a lazy firm. We have gone though all the ordeal and only we know how messed up everything is ! Dont be surprised down the line if they get embroiled in legal controversy (& FYI as far as I know one Mr. X is already serious about pursuing one for their shabby services).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

If you buy, don't cheap out on snaggers. The difference in quality is vast.

• Advertisement

kcv_dcm wrote: »
    I did my homework well w.r.t to checking other developments undertaken by Cairns, Savills, etc etc. Good quality service. All you have to do is just ask folks who already bought and they will tell you their plight. And, touch base with a few snagger who snagged houses in this venture. NOTE: I am not blaming Harcourt here. Its the construction firm to which they have subcontracted entire building process is a lazy firm. We have gone though all the ordeal and only we know how messed up everything is ! Dont be surprised down the line if they get embroiled in legal controversy (& FYI as far as I know one Mr. X is already serious about pursuing one for their shabby services).

Point taken thanks!

If you buy, don't cheap out on snaggers. The difference in quality is vast.

Which is the best snagger around you will advise? Fee & time limitation is not a issue . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aguivari

hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of purchasing a house in Parklands.

Did anyone got the floorplans from the builder/developer ?

I could only find some floorplans on the city council, but clearly marked as "for permission planning only, not for construction", and I could spot some differences from the proposed plan and the actual show house.

They said to me they didn't provide the floorplans, and that I should measure the rooms by myself!?!?!?

Then, more recently because of Level 5 restrictions, sent an e-mail stating only the professional snaggers would be allowed on site.

They had indicated a proposed "April 23rd" date for the house to be available for snagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Devesed

Evening and happy friday,

Really hoping you'll be able to help me. Just put down a deposit for type 4 three bed house in parklands. I'll be part of the gables. Just wondering does anyone know the orientation of the back garden? It would be the same as even numbers in the row, green and downs. Just want to know if I'll get sun in garden. Ive the end of terrace. Thanks

Devesed wrote: »
    Evening and happy friday,

Really hoping you'll be able to help me. Just put down a deposit for type 4 three bed house in parklands. I'll be part of the gables. Just wondering does anyone know the orientation of the back garden? It would be the same as even numbers in the row, green and downs. Just want to know if I'll get sun in garden. Ive the end of terrace. Thanks

Your back garden is towards North direction.

Thanks so is it sunny in afternoon? Just trying to work it out

Your back garden is towards North direction.

Does that mean no sun at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Klaudia.

This site explains all garden orientation and sun exposure:

https://www.gardenersworld.com/plants/types-of-garden-shade/

May be for the furthest part of the back garden and during morning hours since yours is end terrace. But overall, much less sunlight compared to South facing garden (odd side)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

There several positions on orientation to consider. You want most of the sunlight to it the part of the garden that you sit out in so if a garden faces north you can just have a patio on the far side. For a kitchen/dining room ideally you would face southwest so you have evening sun around dinner time. No point having best light at noon. The disadvantage of this is that the front of the house will be shaded and prone to algae staining so there is no perfect orientation and if you were to get solar panels its not as good as south facing but southwest is probably best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭standardg60

North isn't too bad, plenty of sun from the West on Summer evenings

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ekuh

Hey guys, we've just reserved a house in Parklands. Just wondering if there is any current resident here, how's the life so far? Any complaints? How's the quality of the building and equipments? Is it peaceful and safe, any anti-social behaviour?

Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 boardieboard

Hey I am just wondering if anyone knows what will be built at parklands point?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dublinguy21

Hi, I booked 4bhk in Parklands gardens and it is due on feb next year. Anyone in same boat ?

Advertisement