Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazon End of Summer Sale Thursday 22nd -30th Aug

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Yep, seems to be a northern address ban, period.

Weird

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Or, use Argos.co.uk delivery to parcel wizard or parcel motel.

Good idea, but Argos.co.uk says out of stock for delivery now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Suckit wrote: »
    You could use Address Pal

Dunno if they were good in the past but I had them just deny they ever received the first order I sent through them there recently. Several people across boards with problems recently too. I'd recommend anyone considering them for anything to have a bit of a search here and on trustpilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

The Amazon NI posting ban on the Fire Stick must have been a glitch/mistake as you can now order it shipped there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I was able to add a Fire Stick 4k to my basket and get to the payment screen also. I got one on Prime Day, and delighted with it. My smart tv was fairly slow, and this works very well. Haven't really exploited all the potential, and it's a shame they don't have an SD card slot in it, but it's very fast, and had no issues so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭paddym1

limnam wrote: »
    they put them up to 179 yesterday :pac:

Sennheiser HD 4.50 now down to £79.99 if anyone is interested....https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Special-Wireless-Headphone-Cancellation-Matte-Black/dp/B07CKT8Z57?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_9742e02d_3&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

AddressPal issues. I’m sure everyone knows this but the UK address changed recently in case that might be your problem? The address should be in Hatfield, AL109WN. Just in case....

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thejaguar

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Showing as 89 for me:confused:

Me too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

thejaguar wrote: »
    Me too?

I read the same as ye.. the model is called 4.50 not that it costs 4.50 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

bromley52 wrote: »
    The Amazon NI posting ban on the Fire Stick must have been a glitch/mistake as you can now order it shipped there.

Thanks, just had the order processed there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Toast wrote: »
    Dunno if they were good in the past but I had them just deny they ever received the first order I sent through them there recently. Several people across boards with problems recently too. I'd recommend anyone considering them for anything to have a bit of a search here and on trustpilot.

Do not use Addresspal, they have been unable to locate a DHL delivered and signed for order of mine for the past 3 weeks. ComReg advised me to register an official complaint.

If you cannot trust them to deliver a signed for DHL delivery then you cannot trust them with mail or other delivery company's. Use at your own risk. This the first company ever to lose my package and I was an early adopter of the service.

If Addresspal don't get their act together retailers will not ship to that courier.

gomara wrote: »
    AddressPal issues. I’m sure everyone knows this but the UK address changed recently in case that might be your problem? The address should be in Hatfield, AL109WN. Just in case....

thats the address I used BTW with full tracking from the retailer to the Hatfield hub and my AP number, still managed to lose the package..........Avoid the pain

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/addresspal.anpost.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Agent_47 wrote: »
    thats the address I used BTW with full tracking from the retailer to the Hatfield hub and my AP number, still managed to lose the package..........Avoid the pain

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/addresspal.anpost.ie

Just had a look at the feedback on Addresspal, it’s really poor. I was surprised as in general an post are very good. Will stick to parcel motel I think.

dirtyden wrote: »
    Just had a look at the feedback on Addresspal, it’s really poor. I was surprised as in general an post are very good. Will stick to parcel motel I think.

Wise decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Don't judge based off trustpilot. Almost every single postal service has terrible scores on there because most of the people who are going to go to the trouble of leaving a review for a delivery service are going to be the ones who had a problem.

Address Pal has a 2.1/10 on trustpilot and Parcel Motel has a 1.4/10. I've never had a problem with AP and had multiple with PM over the past 18 months. It's a very poor service now with many delays compared to what it once was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I've only used Address Pal a few times but never had a problem . I have however had problems with both PM and PW. PW has probably the worst CS of all the forwarding services but if you can manage to isolate the parcel to a depot,the local staff are usually spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

What's the story with Amazon delivery to Ireland ATM?

I bought something on a lightning deal Friday that won't be delivered till next Friday. Item has increased in price now, but it would be delivered this Tuesday if I bought it now. Crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am very satisfied with AddressPal. I am using it since it was launched, maybe 2016 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

I am very satisfied with AddressPal. I am using it since it was launched, maybe 2016 or so.

Me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I think they all have issues now and then.
    I left Parcel Motel because of issues, then went to Parcel Wizard who have issues sometimes and AddressPal seem to have had issues changing address.
    I've never used ParcelConnect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Nabbed ecovacs deebot for £109 it had lightening deal price of 149 and 40 off voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

trixiebust wrote: »

I bought something on a lightning deal Friday that won't be delivered till next Friday. Item has increased in price now, but it would be delivered this Tuesday if I bought it now. Crazy!

Seen this happen on other things before. Is it a "fulfilled by Amazon" item? I think if it goes out of stock in the Amazon warehouse it can be ordered direct from the supplier until the stock arrives at the warehouse. Can mean they charge more for delivery (or use a slower delivery service).
    Oat23 wrote: »
    Don't judge based off trustpilot. Almost every single postal service has terrible scores on there because most of the people who are going to go to the trouble of leaving a review for a delivery service are going to be the ones who had a problem.

You could make the same argument about any service on a review site I suppose but your correct it will be biased so I do want to qualify what I said about Addresspal because there's been suggestions it was my fault for using the wrong address or I was just unlucky (probably but that wasn't the problem). I'd seen some of the complaints before using them and also attributed them to people who didn't know how to copy and paste mailbox addresses or what not. I assure you I had all the details correct (confirmed by copying the details off my Amazon invoice and searching on my addresspal page).

Even then I know sometimes printers will cut parts of an address off which is no ones fault but the sender but my major issue was my dealings with Addresspal were the single worst customer service experience I ever had. It took me 40 days chasing them at regular intervals before they said they simply never received it (even though at least one interaction implied heavily they had received it but thought they sent it back to sender).

I really don't want to derail this thread but I feel obliged to make an effort for people to understand you can do everything right with AP and something can cause a problem like this through no fault of your own and you can expect no support. If they told me in a week they hadn't received it (which if true would be the first thing they should do!) then I would have been in a much stronger position with Amazon. After 30 days it is no longer an automatic process and you'll hit a wall of customer service reps which at least quickly told me to PFO as opposed to taking 40 days like AP.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Nabbed ecovacs deebot for £109 it had lightening deal price of 149 and 40 off voucher

I paid £169 for it on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

trixiebust wrote: »

I ordered an item on 19/08 and picked free super saver delivery and it told me it wouldn't arrive until 28/08 but I got it on 22/08. I think they're really trying to push people to sign up for Prime and always attach mad delivery dates to the free shipping option to try and dissuade people from picking free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Any other bargains spotted?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I recommend http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com for any "deals" that appear.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/George-Foreman-Entertaining-10-Portion-23440/dp/B01HZMR3YG/ is £39.00 - a saving of £60.99 ?

But it's not. It looks like it only went £99.99 for maybe a week on 23rd November 2017!

489086.PNG

Find this right across the board, with some items appearing a month ago for €999999 and then suddenly dropping to sweet F all for the sale. Usually valid for anything that states a reduction of 90%, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭mjp

Having similar issue with Amazon delivery. Looking at 58 inch Philips 4k smart tv for 369pounds. Don't ship to Republic which I can understand however they not accepting NI parcel motel address for delivery either. Is there anything that can be done on items like this or would there be a restriction on large TVs being shipped outside of mainland UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭ratracer

mjp wrote: »
    Having similar issue with Amazon delivery. Looking at 58 inch Philips 4k smart tv for 369pounds. Don't ship to Republic which I can understand however they not accepting NI parcel motel address for delivery either. Is there anything that can be done on items like this or would there be a restriction on large TVs being shipped outside of mainland UK.

Don’t PM also have a UK mainland address, or am I confusing that with another service?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

ratracer wrote: »
    Don’t PM also have a UK mainland address, or am I confusing that with another service?
    AddressPal?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement