Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

curiua.com - search all 5 European Amazon sites

Options
  • 14-01-2015 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

http://www.curiua.com https://www.hagglezon.com/

I don't know if anyone has posted up about this site before but it allows you to search all 5 european Ammazon sites for the best price.
    (i did search boards but could not find any posts)

I was searching for a set of Bose Quitecomfort 25 Noise cancelling headphones
    every where in ireland had them at 299 euro
    so i checked amazon.co.uk to see if they are cheeper and found they were €348 thinking it was a bit high i desided to check the other amazon
    sites by hand. and found them on amazon.es for €254 thats 94 euros cheeper than the uk site and shipping was 8 euro (8-10 days)

did a search for a tool that might automate the search i found www.curiua.com
    so if your thinking of ordering from amazon.co.uk it's worth checking if you can get it cheeper from other amazon sites in the EU.

anyway hope that might help people find the best deal.

Coyote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Good to know thanks! It would be really useful to know the shipping costs from each of the 5 amazon sites to Ireland too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Yeah, amazon.co.uk is becoming rather expensive with the Euro weakening recently, time to consider our continental cousins.

Edit: Hmm.... then again, are you sure this works?

I searched for an Asus RT-N66U router and its showing up as €183.99 in curia.com, whereas on amazon.de, it's available for €99.90!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Cool. I used to use Pricenoia for this, but AMazon shut them down. Hopefully they wont do the same to Curiua
    http://pricenoia.tumblr.com/post/96524879555/pricenoia-shuts-down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Coyote

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Yeah, amazon.co.uk is becoming rather expensive with the Euro weakening recently, time to consider our continental cousins.

Edit: Hmm.... then again, are you sure this works?

I searched for an Asus RT-N66U router and its showing up as €183.99 in curia.com, whereas on amazon.de, it's available for €99.90!

I tested with the Asus RT-N66u and got the same results
    but when i searched with the model number i got the price of 99 euros
    model number = 90-IG1Z002M00-3PA0 = 99 euros
    model number = RT-N66U = 183
    the model number and size of the two routers are different but what other differences i do not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

http://geo-ship.com does the same for worldwide eBay sites.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

Pique wrote: »
    http : //geo-ship. com does the same for worldwide Amazon sites.

You mean Ebay? Maybe it does both and I'm blind. Handy that, hadn't come across it before.

Anywho,

http: //halfsize. me/

Does all Amazons^^^. You need to put in the ASIN of the Item you're after which you'll see in Product Information section on the Items page on Amazon.

I put in a few things there on the back of the comment above about Euro Weakening, site says No.....for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

May aswell add lootr to this page, it shows ya price drops on stuff on amazon, bit like that http ://argos .scanner .today /ie/

http: // www. lootr. com/uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Well done,amazing difference in price,pays to shop around

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭brimur69

camelcamelcamel.com is handy too. Just create and account, add everthing you want to buy, set a price limit if you want and wait. It will email you when the price drops to what you want to pay.

Hi,bit off track here,anyone know if there's a similiar comparison site for e bay,as the prices we are paying in rip off Ireland ,when buying from ebay are disgraceful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

There's only one ebay, several domain suffixes for sales/deliveries, but one ebay.

Yeah,know that,but even after postage,in general,uk prices are cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Hi,bit off track here,anyone know if there's a similiar comparison site for e bay,as the prices we are paying in rip off Ireland ,when buying from ebay are disgraceful
    Yeah,know that,but even after postage,in general,uk prices are cheaper

Love your Name Corks Finest......

Corks finest what exactly?

I couldn't possibly tell u in public,id lose my tackle,ha,ha

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Love your Name Corks Finest......

Corks finest what exactly?

Vintage Blue Cheese :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Panda_Turtle

Coyote wrote: »
    I was searching for a set of Bose Quitecomfort 25 Noise cancelling headphones
    every where in ireland had them at 299 euro
    so i checked amazon.co.uk to see if they are cheeper and found they were €348 thinking it was a bit high i desided to check the other amazon
    sites by hand. and found them on amazon.es for €254 thats 94 euros cheeper than the uk site and shipping was 8 euro (8-10 days)

Regarding the Bose Noise Cancelling headphones, they are incredibly good. I bought the QC15 version in 2011 and they are still going perfect - although I replaced the earpads, for about 15 euro and they look and feel like new now.

I was tempted to upgrade mine but I need to be more frugal and make these ones last.

If anybody is thinking of getting these, they are expensive but nothing beats them on noise cancelling, and very decent sound too.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Only thing is that the best deals in my opinion are the Amazon warehouse ones. Bought an r9 290 gaming graphics card from Amazon France, used, like new ( actually was new, damaged box) for 240 including delivery which is at least 40 quid cheaper than anywhere else. That site doesn't show the warehouse or 3rd party deals does it?

Close,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Coyote

just wanted to post a small update on this

I orderd on the evening of the 14th (Wenesday) they shipped on the 16th Friday and arived today the 19th.
    that was with standard shpping of 8 euros, faster than loads of stuff i have ordered from amazon.co.uk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Handy site, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

OP great site for checking all Amazon sites, Thanks very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

FYI: This search engine seems to be down and/or end of life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

FYI: This search engine seems to be down and/or end of life
    https://www.hagglezon.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

KOR101 wrote: »

Bookmarked, think we will be using this a lot if Brexit comes to pass. Revenue saying a €40 pair of jeans from the UK would be slapped with €20 of taxes. Good idea to use it regardless of Brexit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Shipping is really the only problem. Free shipping from UK with Prime, but don't get that from anywhere in Europe. What's the different shipping rules for Ireland to non UK amazon's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

You pay around 9€ for shipping - even when you have other country Prime - i ordered epilator from amazon.it - shipping €8,50 - bit of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

And chances are it'll actually be physically shipped from the UK anyway.

Keepa is another option, I like the browser extension which stays in the page.

Amazon seem to be sabotaging these tools by creating loads of variants of a single product listing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

cronos wrote: »
    Shipping is really the only problem. Free shipping from UK with Prime, but don't get that from anywhere in Europe. What's the different shipping rules for Ireland to non UK amazon's?
    loki7777 wrote: »
    You pay around 9€ for shipping - even when you have other country Prime - i ordered epilator from amazon.it - shipping €8,50 - bit of a joke.

I'm not sure any of the other primes in the EU give free shipping even to the country they're based in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Italy does, was using it few weeks ago when on holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Slightly off topic lads but I'm more than willing to post in another forum, if someone can suggest the appropriate one.

In the event of a hard brexit, has Amazon got a back-up plan to continue allowing ROI shoppers using Amazon? Or is it just expected we'll change over to one of the other EU ones and be damned with Prime subscriptions etc? Anyone have ANY info this at all?

I have about 5/6,000 euros of books on preorder from .co.uk which are due out at various times between October 2019 and Feb 2020 thus my curiosity

Advertisement