Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rha Headphones etc. - 50% Off

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Think I’m gonna go for the ear buds, £150 with 50% off makes them £75 - any techies out there who can confirm this is a good offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Glenn220390

Think I’m gonna go for the ear buds, £150 with 50% off makes them £75 - any techies out there who can confirm this is a good offer?

Check the reviews on amazon seem to be a lot of complaints
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/RHA-TrueConnect-Wireless-Bluetooth-Sweatproof-Black/dp/B07H5K86B4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Good value. I have the MA650s and they are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Thanks might look at the Jabra 65t ones instead so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I finally succumbed to my own bargain alert, went for the MA650 wireless.
    So many headphones, so few ears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Thanks might look at the Jabra 65t ones instead so.

Its €99 in Harvey Normans at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I have them, the True Connect ones.Not worth the €75 IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Looking at buying a set of earbuds myself . So many. Hard to know which 1. I was thinking the Jabra Elite Active 65 but they have micro USB charger. I hate micro USB. The Jabra Elite Active 75t True Wireless Bluetooth is the newest model but £189 is expensive. Anyone recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Glenn220390

codie wrote: »
    Looking at buying a set of earbuds myself . So many. Hard to know which 1. I was thinking the Jabra Elite Active 65 but they have micro USB charger. I hate micro USB. The Jabra Elite Active 75t True Wireless Bluetooth is the newest model but £189 is expensive. Anyone recommendations.

I received these today,TOZO T6 they sound great IMO and have lots of functionality. They are £40 at the moment, they have micro USB though but also have wireless charging if that's something you have.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RGZ5NKS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

I went with these
    Lypertek Tevi True Wireless In Ear Isolating.£99 on amazon
    I got them for €95 delivered .
    Reviews are very positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭ra0044

I have the RHA true connects and personally have found them good. No problems with the connection and sound quality is way above the awfull airpods my wife uses. She has now taken them for herself as she has heard the difference.

Over the years I have had a good few pairs of headphones from RHA Nd my main set I use daily are the MA 750 wireless which are superb headphones and sound amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,903 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

looking at getting the MA650 Wireless but i cant put in the promo code ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    looking at getting the MA650 Wireless but i cant put in the promo code ?

Looks like you might have missed the boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,903 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looks like you might have missed the boat.

Looks like it

I get through to the payment page but when I click on the 'Discount' button noting happens

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭garyskeepers

There is still a 30% code if you hang around the site for a minute or two for a pop up.

Personally, I have a pair of itecknic in ears and they are great. I wouldn't pay 10X for the slightly better quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭ClaptonBay

50% code still working.

What are the true wireless earphones like? Anyone with experience of these. Looking to buy a wireless pair but finding it hard to pick what ones to go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

ClaptonBay wrote:
    What are the true wireless earphones like? Anyone with experience of these. Looking to buy a wireless pair but finding it hard to pick what ones to go for.

Not great, there are Amazon reviews and boards reviews on the 1st page of the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭ClaptonBay

tedpan wrote: »
    Not great, there are Amazon reviews and boards reviews on the 1st page of the thread.

might just go for the jabra 75s or the buds+. The reviews seem mediocre on a lot of areas alright. Sound gets good reviews but that's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Got a new set of wired IEM's. Cheers for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 B65team

Recently bought the Jabra elite active 65t (bought two pairs for the both of us) and on the first use, the left ear went crackly and then the sound went completely. I've unpaired and repaired, tried on a different phone, tried using the other charger box for them. No joy. The other set we bought, similar issues. Also the range on the wireless-ness (?) doesn't seem great either.

It's been noted under the Amazon reviews that this seems to be a recurring issue. I've only had them a week, so I'm sending them back. Too expensive to be messing about so much with them. It's really frustrating when out for a jog only having one ear.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,513 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've a pair of MA750is - wired, my second pair. I use my original half broken pair for running as only one ear works and I prefer one ear out of for paying attention. I've a third pair too because I thought I had lost the second working set, but they were buried in a bag. I really like them. Might stay away from the True Connect ones on the wireless side, though.

50% code still works and I think Quidco and topcashback also work for an additional 8 or 9% off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,513 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ordered a pair of TrueConnects with the discount code, they've dispatched. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BannerBoy1

Has anyone who's ordered headphones from them in the past few weeks received theirs yet? I ordered mine last Thursday and got an email saying they were dispatched buy haven't heard anything from them since. When I ordered them I did expect a delay with whats happening at the moment but I'm just wondering now is there a chance that they won't be delivering for a few weeks.

I got a dispatch notice around 10am last Friday. Would have liked a tracking number, but maybe they don't do them for Royal Mail in this case.

Looking forward to receiving them as I want to try them running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭park500

Received True Connect today
    Dispatch notice 14th April

park500 wrote: »
    Received True Connect today
    Dispatch notice 14th April

Have you tried them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭park500

Yes tried them and working very nicely. I haven’t used them for phone calls nor will I. I only use them on the rowing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

park500 wrote: »
    Yes tried them and working very nicely. I haven’t used them for phone calls nor will I. I only use them on the rowing machine.

How do they fit? On the look for a pair of wireless for running.

• Advertisement

I was hoping mine would have arrived by now, to test them on a work conference call. Tempted to order the flight adapter too.

Delivery is SLOW from these crew, but for what it's worth there is a 60% code at the moment-

THANKYOU60

I still haven't received mine, but the above code brings the price of the True Connects down to £59.99.

I thought it was more of a Royal Mail issue. Mine were bouncing around Manchester for a few days, then slow ish to get to Ireland. If you reply to the dispatch email and ask for the tracking number they'll give it to you. I ordered the flight adapter too, it took ages to dispatch.

I've tried the TrueConnects on walks, runs, a video conference and calls. They are imperfect from a connection perspective and can be frustrating there. On one occasion they were connected, but when I tried podcasts and music I couldn't hear anything. Restarted the iPod and that sorted it. At other times there have been no issues at all, e.g. when I came back out of the supermarket, pressed play and off I went. It's frustrating when you want to go on a run and have to spend a few minutes arsing around with the connection. That's my mini review. Need to spend more time with them to get a sense of how common the issues are. Happy enough given the discount. Still have tempted by AirPods, mind you, except for the price.

Edit - I've connected them to an iPod, iPhone, iPad, Android phone and my Mac. Recorded some audio last night, dropped it into Final Cut Pro and was happy with it.

Yeah I got a tracking number from them weeks ago, problem is that tracking number shows it's still in "Langley" for the last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Delivery is SLOW from these crew, but for what it's worth there is a 60% code at the moment-

THANKYOU60

I still haven't received mine, but the above code brings the price of the True Connects down to £59.99.

Those T20s look a good deal for 80 quid, can be use wireless or wired. They use a neckband tho so not true wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

THANKYOU60

Thanks for this. Just wondering if you received your Trueconnects get? I'm still waiting, 5 weeks later. I've been on to RHA and they have sent me another pair, hopefully they arrive eventually!

My guess is they are dispatching from a factory in Asia rather than from their office in the UK.

• Advertisement

Thanks for this. Just wondering if you received your Trueconnects get? I'm still waiting, 5 weeks later. I've been on to RHA and they have sent me another pair, hopefully they arrive eventually!

Got mine yesterday actually. (4 weeks)
    I think they have sent me another pair too.
    Anyway, first impressions are good, connected straight away, good sound, great case.

A pity about the very slow delivery.

The right ear fell out after about an hour of running on Sunday. It was a warm day. Put it back in and I ran for another 30 minutes. Now if I could find my armband for the iPod that'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Picked up the trueconnect earbuds at 60% off, which I thought was a no brainer.

Build quality is excellent, as is sound, when working as expected.

I've had them for about a week now and have used them for an hour at least, each day. The Bluetooth connection seems to drop out intermittently, and both buds have individually dropped out multiple times. This has proved to be really poor and very noticeable when out walking with the phone in your pocket. On my walk today the connection between the two earbuds dropped about 20 times in the space of an hour. I could get over the odd blip but this was ridiculous.

The amazon poor reviews are very much accurate.

Even at 60% off, I would avoid these headphones. They are borderline unusable really.

Since I got mine, have been very impressed. Build quality is excellent, the case is lovely and the sound is great. I have only used them about 15 times yet, but I haven't had a single dropout yet.

Quandary wrote:
    Even at 60% off, I would avoid these headphones. They are borderline unusable really.

Thanks for the honest review.

• Advertisement

Since I got mine, have been very impressed. Build quality is excellent, the case is lovely and the sound is great. I have only used them about 15 times yet, but I haven't had a single dropout yet.

Are you using Android or iPhone, maybe one's more reliable than the other?

Are you using Android or iPhone, maybe one's more reliable than the other?

Dunno m8, I'm using an iPhone 11 pro and I have also used them on a Win 10 laptop.

Read somewhere:

Always remove the right bud from the case first when you go to use the headphones? This bud is the master component and must be removed first to turn on the bud and connect to your device.

Tip to do so: When you open the case hold it vertically with the RHA logo facing you. Push the back of the case so it opens towards you, the buds will be correctly oriented L & R. It's much easier to remove them like this as you can pick them out vertically by gripping the rim of each bud with thumb and fingertip, avoiding operating the buttons.

If you want to do a full reset of your headphones, remove only the right bud from the case and hold the earbud button down, let go once the pairing prompt has sounded, then holding the button down for a further 10 seconds, the LED should flash red for 5 seconds which will then indicate a reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Thanks for the honest review.

Just for additional information.

I have been using the headphones with a Sony Xperia Xz1 compact. It has Bluetooth 5, same as the earbuds so I thought there would be no drop out issues. Sadly, not the case.

On the plus side, Rha have been in contact and have been quick to offer support.

Other Rha products seem to be quite decent, maybe it's just select units of the trueconnect model that are problematic.

I'm quite happy with the TrueConnects I picked up. Mostly used them with my iPod for running. Left ear fell out last Sunday, but it was quite warm and sweaty. That was a 2 hour/12 mile run, with a little walk before and after. Haven't really had any connection drop outs, tbf.

What I do first is turn on Bluetooth on the device. Go into the settings, then tap RHA TrueConnect where it says 'not connected', it does its thing and connects, then I press each ear and I'm away. Other times they've connected without needing to do this at all. There is the odd instance where one ear won't turn on, but putting them back in the case for a second or two seems to sort this, I've found. Perhaps similar to what Zimmer has noted above.

Haven't used them on my LGV20 really, since I don't use it for music or podcasts. Used them a little on my 6s for work, but accidentally ended one or two calls by only pressing once which isn't the way to increase the volume. User error. :P They're less great at connecting to my iMac, but I'm not very patient with it. I've a job interview over Zoom soon and will stick to wired earphones, I'd do that anyway because the call is too important to be messing about with Bluetooth stuff, regardless of the brand.

Left ear has dropped on my last two runs. One time after about 14 minutes, got it back, then it went again. Other run was barely 5 minutes in - again 12 miler. Hmph.

Will try again tomorrow.

That was a charging issue. Went for a walk on Mon, left ear dead. Put it in the case when I got home, started flashing. Left it a while, connected both to my iPod and both ears worked spot on. All fine for yesterday's run too.

Advertisement