Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geekbuying sale.

Options
  • 11-06-2020 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭

Might be something of interest. There's a smart TV that looks like a steal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

kneemos wrote: »

Can you drop a link to the TV your talking about?

Can you drop a link to the TV your talking about?

Scroll down a bit you'll see it. I've just noticed however in the comments they aren't shipping to Ireland at the moment due to the virus apparently.

Scroll down a bit you'll see it. I've just noticed however in the comments they aren't shipping to Ireland at the moment due to the virus apparently.

Can't say I see any good TV deal there personally anyway. All I see on that page is a 32 inch 720P TV for $200 and a 43 inch 4K TV for $400 which seems like average prices. Is there another TV deal that I'm not seeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 divocsolutions

Is this a reliable website? Has anyone bought from them? I am thinking for a Robot vacuum cleaner. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Have used then a lot over the years. Never an issue.

Can't say I see any good TV deal there personally anyway. All I see on that page is a 32 inch 720P TV for $200 and a 43 inch 4K TV for $400 which seems like average prices. Is there another TV deal that I'm not seeing?

There's a Xiaomi 32" android TV for €176. Maybe you need to subscribe or something.

Doesn't ship here apparently anyway.

Ah. Click on the sale banner the offers will show up.

There's a Xiaomi 32" android TV for €176.

Yeah I mentioned that, doesn't seem to be much of a good deal to me, you can get similar TVs for a similar price without a sale e.g. the TCL 32ES568 TV is cheaper in most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

I am not talking about the TV, just Geekbuying......

They also ship from warehouses within the EU with limited stock at these locations. Click on the "Shop All Categories" to see the drop-down menu. I never had a problem with anything I ordered from them (fingers crossed now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Their site is near identical to aliexpress.

I must be out of the loop on what company owns what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

Nabber wrote: »
    Their site is near identical to aliexpress.

I must be out of the loop on what company owns what.

I wonder is delivery as slow as AliExpress at the moment. Not getting anything within 8 weeks.

deadlast wrote: »
    I wonder is delivery as slow as AliExpress at the moment. Not getting anything within 8 weeks.

Ordered a phone over a month ago. Was in the Netherlands ten days ago apparently.

Supposed to take fourteen to thirty working days,there are delays at the moment however I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭KaneToad

wait4me wrote: »
    I am not talking about the TV, just Geekbuying......

They also ship from warehouses within the EU with limited stock at these locations. Click on the "Shop All Categories" to see the drop-down menu. I never had a problem with anything I ordered from them (fingers crossed now!)

I've bought from: Gearbest, Banggood, EU Global, Honorbuy and Geekbuying.

Never had any major issues with any. Some arrived quicker than others but can't remember which.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Geek buying is grand I've bought lots from them. Usually the same kind of things as the others. But you can get better choice on EU warehouses for the over 20 Euro priced stuff so it isn't liable for extra import tax.

use the EU warehouse locations and you will get decent delivery time by courier and no customs issues.

if you buy from the China location expect to pay 23% VAT + collection fee.

I find geekbuying reliable to deal with.

Is this a reliable website? Has anyone bought from them? I am thinking for a Robot vacuum cleaner. Thanks

if you live in a house would really recommend a vacuum with multi-level mapping capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I got a great deal on a laptop there after getting advise on another forum.

It was an expensive machine but arrived swiftly and no problems whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Deebot 79S is available on amazon with 40 off voucher..cracking kit have it for two years now

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I have iLife A6 took a real gamble and ordered it off gearbest but luckily it worked out. If you can get it on another site I'd highly recommend it

the more recent robot cleaners with radar mapping and multi-level maps (for larger houses over different stories) are game-changers.

they also have much stronger suction, bigger dust bowls and even mopping (don't expect mopping to do much more than light stains tho obviously)

something like this

https://smartrobotreviews.com/reviews/360-s7-review.html#:~:text=The%20360%20S7%20is%20a,features%20at%20a%20lower%20price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 divocsolutions

I bought a vacuum from geekbuying from their EU store on 15th, but no update since then. Does anyone know how long they usually take to deliver it? Thank you.

I bought a vacuum from geekbuying from their EU store on 15th, but no update since then. Does anyone know how long they usually take to deliver it? Thank you.

Got a phone from China off them,took ten days or a couple of weeks even after been delivered to An Post.

Advertisement