Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Irish essay

Options
  • 26-01-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I wouldn't be the strongest at Irish I'm probably a c1/b3 because I have to learn the majority of my phrases off as I find it very hard to write on the spot :( I've been looking at the sample papers and the essays are so broad and difficult. Anyone have any tips on how I can improve on these? I mean I can learn off 10 essays between now and the leaving cert but if nothing comes up relative to these then I will have absolutely nothing to write! I'm about to go insane over this :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Firstly don't go learning off 10 essays. I have about 3 essays on media(icl social media), sport and irish language. I then have one essay on 'probelms' which I have about 2 pages of phrases and just add vocab on which ever topic comes up. Problems i.e. Drugs/Alcohol, Social Problems, Recession, Unemployment e.t.c. I can send you scans of the notes I got if you want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 forevergold22

That would be amazing :D thank you so much! If there's anything I can help you with let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogybag

T0001 wrote: »
    Firstly don't go learning off 10 essays. I have about 3 essays on media(icl social media), sport and irish language. I then have one essay on 'probelms' which I have about 2 pages of phrases and just add vocab on which ever topic comes up. Problems i.e. Drugs/Alcohol, Social Problems, Recession, Unemployment e.t.c. I can send you scans of the notes I got if you want them.

hi you seem to know what your on about, im just wondering do youdo French and if so what do you do for opinion pieces?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

T0001 wrote: »

Could you send them onto me as well? :D Badly in need of Irish essay topics, our teacher has done 2...

Will send tomorrow, can't get my scanner working tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 forevergold22

Thank you so much :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ConorR32

Hey, any chance you could maybe upload them here? Thanks a million!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

@T0001Please don't upload them here. If anyone wants them, they can PM you.
    Thanks for your kind offer. They will have you plagued. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 louiseB900

Would anyone have a essay on "tecicneolaiocht" that they would like to share or even any tips on how to go about writing one.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sammycarr96

Could you send them to me too :) I do physics music French and business Irish maths and English (honours everything ) If you want any notes from me in return :) just so stuck on what to write for these essays in Irish :/ struggle with what to say in English with the exam topics for them :( please :)

• Advertisement

Hi,

Would anyone have notes or sample essays on coras slainte? I'm a mature student repeating Irish and i can't find any decent material on this topic or don't even know where to start.. Any tips or advice would be great.

Thank you

Hi,

Would anyone be able to give me tips/advice on how to write a essay on coras slainte. If anyone would like to share a sample essay that they may have that would be great. Mature student here needing all the help I can get. :confused:

Thank you

Coras Slainte

1) Problems that exist
    2) What these problems exist
    3) Who is responsible
    4) Is there any solutions?

Really with 80marks going for the Quality of Irish, it's really a matter of having good irish and good gramnar.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sophiiieee

I have put up some advice, useful phrases, and sample essays on my blog http://leaving-cert-helpnotes.blogspot.ie/ hopefully they might be of help to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pjm5

Hii, anyone who still has it, can you also send them to me? thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 44 orangey24

80 marks is going towards your Irish so show off as much as you can. Briathar saor(free verb) and tuiseal ginedeach ! Modh c. Too, if possible. (Depending on title) they're pretty much looking for your standard of Irish as just 15 marks out of the hundred is going towards like the facts you have relevant to the topic if you get me? I wouldn't advise learning off topics. Instead I would suggest learning vocabulary for certain topics. For example if talking about the education system know Irish for points system, pressure, stress etc. learn seanfocals that could fit the topics, lots of adjectives, put your own feeling into it throughout the whole essay, lots of fillers and nathanta cainte are essential for good essays such as "is leir" "cinnte" etc. when opening a paragraph try have a statement at the start such as "domhnach is dalach....." Also have a questions throughout, left unanswered or answered. I get high marks in my essays and I feel like even if I don't talk too much about the topic but stay relevant ... My marks are mainly going for the standard of Irish, especially the filler words. Sorry this is very long but I hoped it helped anyone in some way

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ineedthehelp

hiii @T0001 can you please send me the essays too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement