Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snoring

• 20-05-2020 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭

It turns out I’m quite the snorer. Any suggestions? I’ve tried all the gimmicks I can buy over the counter. I’ve tried sleeping on my side with a little success.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If you've any extra weight on board I gather that doesn't help. Though my dad was like a stick and you he would have passed good muster as a foghorn. Slept on his back though. I dunno how anyone can sleep on their backs, if for some reason I end up on my back I wake up pronto. Must be wired funny. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I’m not overweight at all. Although saying that, when I have dropped 3-4 pounds I did notice a slight difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,674 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

one thing worth doing is getting a sleep app on your phone, it will record your snoring so at least you will know if you try anything that it is working, assuming your current measure is how often you get kicked at night ;-)

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Have you tried mouth taping ?

A lot of people actually breath through their mouth rather than their nose while sleeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,505 ✭✭✭✭Esel

An old 'cure" is to fit a tennis ball in a pouch on the back of a t-shirt or your pyjama top. This makes it very uncomfortable to lie on your back, so you switch to one side or the other. Never had to try it, but it could be a solution if you stick with it.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Never tried to tape my mouth. Doesn’t sound too pleasent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,646 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Snore monster myself.

Do you smoke? Snore louder after a drink? Suddenly wake up taking a deep breath? Stop breathing when asleep?

Recently had to have minor surgery and ended up having to do a sleep study die to suspect sleep apnea. Study showed I have mild case but if you have it bad you may need a CPAP machine at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Never tried to tape my mouth. Doesn’t sound too pleasent.

Yeah could never get used to it myself

Yea I’ve heard a CPAP is the only way to go but the noise from that would cause more disturbance to her than the snoring itself. Pricy too I’d say. Sober or after a few beers it’s all the same. I can’t find any pattern to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Mrs Greenspurs is a chronic snorer !!

Drives me demented.. wakes me numerous times every night for the past 18mths or so... I use earplugs, but sometimes even they aren't good enough..
    Of course all I get is "I wasnt even asleep, how could I be snoring....."

Broken sleep/ sleep deprivation is a killer...… up for work some days , feeling like I didn't sleep at all!!
    Doesn't help when her self then declares she "slept sooo well" …………

:(:(

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
Advertisement