Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Week's Top Five Queries (18.05.2020 - 24.05.2020)

Options
  • 26-05-2020 1:59pm
    Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep

1. I cannot move into my new home until Irish Water complete a new connection to the mains. Can you please advise?

If your name is on this application, we can check the progress of this for you. Please provide the following details via PM and a member of our team will help.

- Your full name;
    - Your full address;
    - Your contact number; and
    - Your new connection reference number.

If the developer made the application and your name is not on it, we would recommend that you contact the developer to request an update concerning this application.

2. Can you provide me with a map showing the location of a shared sewer network?

In order to obtain maps of water and wastewater infrastructure in your area, we advise that you contact the Planning Department in your Local Authority who will be able to provide you with this.

3. Can I temporarily disconnect the water supply to my property?

In order to turn off your supply from the public mains to your property, you can switch your supply off using the outside stop valve located in your meter box, when safe to do so. Once the works are complete you can turn back on your supply from the same location.

4. There is a public main running through a house which I have purchased, and I want to extend my property. Is this permitted?

Sewer and drainage connections fall under the remit of the individual landowner and may be moved in line with building regulations. However, the exception to this rule is if there is a public main running through the property under the remit of Irish Water. 

You should have a Way Leave Agreement and the relevant documentation should have been received along with the deed of the property. Queries in relation to the diversions of public mains on private property can be directed to diversions@water.ie and our Diversions Team will be able to assist you further.

5. I would like to apply for a new wastewater connection. How do I go about this?

Depending on what phase you are in with regards to planning permission, you can fill out a form on our website here.

Advertisement