Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker in Prince of Wales Wednesdays nights

Options
  • 17-04-2014 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

There's a decent Texas hold 'em tournament on at the Prince of Wales every Wednesday at 9pm with a €30 buyin for a 20k starting stack plus a €5 add on for an extra 5k at the break.. Last night we had over 50 players with a top prize of over €500. Also we had at least 7 players who were there
    For the first time and talking to them at the break seemed to be really enjoying themselves. All new players are welcome and there's finger food provided at the break with drinks served throughout. I only started going recently and was really impressed with what I saw decent numbers , good table banter and Craic and the chance to see some truly awful plays like going all in with 8 3 off suit or was that just me. Anyways whatever your skill level or complete lack thereof head down to the Prince of a Wednesday for 9pm and maybe you might luckbox your way to some decent mullah.
    Btw I'm not in any way associated with the game or have any financial interest in it ( I wish) I just wanna see a decent poker game going in Athlone and see no reason why the game at the Prince can not be that if local people can get behind. So hopefully see you donks there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Glennfogarthy1

I forgot to say the Prince of Wales in Athlone just in case it wasn't clear. We had a player from Dundalk last night so it's not an Athlone centric thing. However the game is on at the Prince of Wales Athlone just to be clear. But people from outside Athlone are welcome to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Glennfogarthy1

Just want to apologise to Glenn fogarthy the guy whose name I used in numerous aliases on boards and poker boards. This is jus a personal joke that I realise now was childish and distasteful.i want to apologise to him and state that I will not be active on boards or poker boards again. Sorry Glenn for the hassle mate.

Advertisement