Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best of the rest - broadband

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

By the looks of things Wireless will be as fast as Cabled within the next 2 years anyway. Itll probably be better no matter where you are in 3 or 4 years. 5G will match cabled UPC id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I haven't manipulated at all. Any reasonable person reading this thread will see that.

No more from me on this thread anyway, as its flogging a dead horse.

So have your last word..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Media999 wrote: »
    By the looks of things Wireless will be as fast as Cabled within the next 2 years anyway. Itll probably be better no matter where you are in 3 or 4 years. 5G will match cabled UPC id say.

A lot of people using 3G as their internet connection, if you can get a decent reception it's not the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I have upc broadband in ferrybank with pic, 34.50 for 120mb , broadband only, no telly.

great speeds, never had an outage.

but 12 month contract and you'd need to keep an eye on your bills, I've had 2 mistakes in the past 12 months, both refunded.

sky box and dish for telly, no subs.
    Do you know if UPC broadband is available in the beeches housing area in ferrybank??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

BanjoB wrote: »
    Do you know if UPC broadband is available in the beeches housing area in ferrybank??

There's an address checker on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

having phoned around, it looks like eircom are the one to go for. They don't give access to the other companies to do a proper line test at all, so they can't tell you what speeds they can give you until they get the line released from eircom.

We can get a bundle deal with a mobile thrown in (e-mobile) so that'll work out nicely.

There's definitely no UPC by the way, I'm with them at the moment and would have stayed if I could but they don't supply where I'm moving to. (abbey park)

Advertisement