Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why don't Waterford people enjoy live music?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

I love live music, just not the bands mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Are we talking about the same gig? This the one with Toby karr and rsag supporting, it was on directly after Christmas?

Yep, same gig. https://www.facebook.com/events/173600392722647/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

old gregg wrote: »

I've posted here before but I was in the front row and everyone around me was going crazy when they were playing, so I thought the crowd were good. Although, there wasn't as many people there as I thought there would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

I don't even know where to begin with how much the state of live music in Waterford annoys me. Sure, the Forum have gigs every now and again but the turnout is rarely something to shout about. I was at ASIWYFA in the Forum there last December as well, seems a bit mental that it's one of the only gigs people are mentioning and it took place close to nine months ago. There are very few people (in my experience) that will support local music and these are the same people that will complain that no "bigger" bands play here. You've got to support local music if there is any chance of some kind of scene growing to attract more popular bands. No band from Dublin, Cork, etc wants to travel down here to play to a crowd of about five people.
    Basically, Waterford is doomed musically.

I think they just have to promote the concerts more. For example, Fionn Regan was playing in the Forum last year or maybe the year before. I'm a fan of his and I definitely would have gone but I only found out about it a day or two before the gig and wasn't able to go. I just think they should promote it more by maybe putting up more posters or advertising a bit more on the radio (maybe they do that already, I don't really listen to WLR or Beat that much).

Also, I was thinking of seeing the Delorentos at the Forum in December. Anyone know if they're any good live?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Suas11 wrote: »
    I think they just have to promote the concerts more. For example, Fionn Regan was playing in the Forum last year or maybe the year before. I'm a fan of his and I definitely would have gone but I only found out about it a day or two before the gig and wasn't able to go. I just think they should promote it more by maybe putting up more posters or advertising a bit more on the radio (maybe they do that already, I don't really listen to WLR or Beat that much).

Also, I was thinking of seeing the Delorentos at the Forum in December. Anyone know if they're any good live?
    Ye there deadly live seen them about 7 times .

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Stayfrosty2

I've posted here before but I was in the front row and everyone around me was going crazy when they were playing, so I thought the crowd were good. Although, there wasn't as many people there as I thought there would be.

I'd say I was one of the people going crazy, but you're right about the size of the crowd though. Any other time I've seen them places have been packed, I think it was that which kinda put me off!

And So I Watch You From Afar return to The Forum next month. If you're a fan of live music I suggest going to see them!
    http://www.forumwaterford.ie/listings/45194

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

+1 for ASIWYFA. Caught them loads of times and they are class.

shameless self promo off topic plug but many thanks to all who came along to my performance in Garter Lane 2 weeks ago :)

• Advertisement

goodbye to The Forum.

ASIWYFA. SHORTT'S. MAY 16TH. Gogogogogo.

Damn, I would go to that but I have another gig the same night.

I've seen ASIWYFA twice before and they're brilliant so I'd recommend anyone to go.

Damn, I would go to that but I have another gig the same night.

I've seen ASIWYFA twice before and they're brilliant so I'd recommend anyone to go.

This will be my third time. Amazing live band.

This will be my third time. Amazing live band.

This would've been my third time too. I've seen them twice in the Forum before. One of the best live bands I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I've seen them a load of times and I never get tired of them, went down to Cork to see them on new years and they were unreal as always. Their the only band that seems to bother coming here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement