Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Valentine: Roses are red, violations are blue, do be, do be do be do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He's some eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

2 years ago. Just leave it in the local presbytery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Lady: “a quote from Hamlet”
    Joe: “Shakespeare?”
    No Joe, the feckin cigar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

PsychoPete wrote: »
    He's fixated on the bullbars, the man is an idiot

They'd look well on the Jag wid matching rear Spoiler and a CB aerial.

Rallying over and back to the Northsoide he'd look the part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Joe wants the bracelet for himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What's the story with Joe when he puts on the campeen voice so to speak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Can't imagine the horror of losing two children but why is this story being told on the radio apart from feeding Joe & rtes misery fetish?

Because he seen bullbar on a jeep the oder day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,239 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Joe, you should buy it from her and give it to Syl Fox. He'd like that.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Joe would put himself on the list to receive organs. Not that he needs them physically he just would like to play with them generally

Joe: Poor Tiny Tom from Ratoath needs a new kidney. Sorry Tom, Beaumount have one going free but I bought it and tonight I'm having it with Fava beans and a nice Chee-aunty.

K nacker

• Advertisement

Joe: Poor Tiny Tom from Ratoath needs a new kidney. Sorry Tom, Beaumount have one going free but I bought it and tonight I'm having it with Fava beans and a nice Chee-aunty.

Cooked in The Joy, a hipster Bistro in Dublin 7 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Joe losing de plot there

fritzelly wrote: »
    What are rte gonna do when the virus is over and no more gov advertising

... Goto the gov and ask for more money

They're a public service broadcaster. They should be doing it for free.

Red Fred wrote: »
    Whats rhe bets Joe is on his way out the gates of Montrose.

By 15:01 he's already rolling across the eastlink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Joe off hunting for a payrise because he had to do RTE's job to promote his own show.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

2 years ago. Just leave it in the local presbytery.

Or sell it to Thomas Gear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

first shots fired today in Duffy's war with RTE management

I just hope I'm listening the day he crosses the line and goes too. It will be soon the way things are going.

Joe: How duz dat make you feel Tiny Tom?

By 15:01 he's already rolling across the eastlink.

Used-Robinson-R22-Beta-I-2010-For-Sale-int.jpg

• Advertisement

Or sell it to Thomas Gear

Or Whacker from earlier on.

Joe would prefer to eat the kidney while Tiny Tim and his family watch. Ideal entertainment for the freak.

Used-Robinson-R22-Beta-I-2010-For-Sale-int.jpg

Not sure that chopper is certified for carrying Joes Load. He'd need a Chinook for his ego alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wasn't able to listen to the show and only popped in for a minute on the thread and dat. Did I miss much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Wasn't able to listen to the show and only popped in for a minute on the thread and dat. Did I miss much?

had a go at RTE over not hawking his wares

Joe would prefer to eat the kidney while Tiny Tim and his family watch. Ideal entertainment for the freak.

Joe while munching: I'll tell you Tommy, tom, tom, my eyes were bigger than my belly so to speak. I should have gone for a smaller childs kidney. Theres a good half of it left. Can they still use it? I suppose not now I've fried it in butter.

Hang the Montanotty Two was the main theme.

Hang the Montanotty Two was the main theme.

Never saw as much sh1te in my life as on de footpaths of Montegrotty

Not sure that chopper is certified for carrying Joes Load. He'd need a Chinook for his ego alone.

Robinson 22, caller, world's trickiest civilian chopper, and the one I took a couple of lessons on. Once out of ground effect, you've to keep the blade revs up and the forward airspeed to 65 knots, otherwise curtains.

https://youtu.be/jnl_go9VBpg

• Advertisement

Never saw as much sh1te in my life as on de footpaths of Montegrotty

But it was cocker-poodle sh1te.

But it was cocker-poodle sh1te.

It was of multiple sizes, caller, strewn the length of Montenotte, multiple hounds involved.

Joe while munching: I'll tell you Tommy, tom, tom, my eyes were bigger than my belly so to speak. I should have gone for a smaller childs kidney. Theres a good half of it left. Can they still use it? I suppose not now I've fried it in butter.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867321f92d486e46dcf0859b57996788107a71125a&rid=giphy.gif

had a go at RTE over not hawking his wares

The man has no shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,226 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The man has no shame.

You mightnt have seen it cos it wasn't promoted by RTE

Neck like a jockeys b0l0x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i missed it today

did he put the boot into the cork 2 again

how many "evils" did he use?

• Advertisement

The man has no shame.

You can be sure if he was in the chair yesterday he'd have run into the 3.00 news for maximum listenership.

sligojoek wrote: »
    You can be sure if he was in the chair yesterday he'd have run into the 3.00 news for maximum listenership.

His personal Twitter is de Buke de Buke de Buke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

Das Buke ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

BPKS wrote: »
    You mightnt have seen it cos it wasn't promoted by RTE - Neck like a jockeys b0l0x

I missed that bit but that is ridiculous. At the time the book was released, he had it as the background on his personal Twitter page @joeliveline. And every time he would post an image of uncle tom's horse and cart and tell the Liveline viewers to go look at it, he would post it on his personal page (as opposed to the office Liveline Twitter page) so that they would all see his book. Should never have been allowed. And after abusing his position he now has the neck to criticise RTE for not promoting his book.

It seems that nobody is prepared to stand up to the bully. I guess the biggest irony in all of this is that Duffy has spent hours on the radio telling us about how horrible a man Trump is, when he actually shares most of Trump's worst characteristics. Including the inability to see his own faults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

fryup wrote: »
    i missed it today

did he put the boot into the cork 2 again

how many "evils" did he use?

No evils today, just lots of CRIMINALS and ranting about Ballymaloe Cookery School and yer man's cooking job in prison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Joe, you should buy it from her and give it to Syl Fox. He'd like that.

Syl said he lost a lot of friends over the allegation he was acquitted/found not guilty of........wonder was Joe one of them.....and no amount of crawling back's gonna fix it.

Can't see Syl back on "Funny" Friday......

I missed that bit but that is ridiculous. At the time the book was released, he had it as the background on his personal Twitter page @joeliveline. And every time he would post an image of uncle tom's horse and cart and tell the Liveline viewers to go look at it, he would post it on his personal page (as opposed to the office Liveline Twitter page) so that they would all see his book. Should never have been allowed. And after abusing his position he now has the neck to criticise RTE for not promoting his book.

It seems that nobody is prepared to stand up to the bully. I guess the biggest irony in all of this is that Duffy has spent hours on the radio telling us about how horrible a man Trump is, when he actually shares most of Trump's worst characteristics. Including the inability to see his own faults.

None so blind as those who cannot see their own blindness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,997 ✭✭✭✭zell12

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,997 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Any reason why today's podcast is not up yet?
    https://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/podcasts/#103605078

zell12 wrote: »
    maxresdefault.jpg

The way he brought Ballymaloe up today was priceless. I'm wondering has he or de missus done a course there by any chance?

Whatever about today's, the first time he featured those two earlier in the week the podcast has some major edits/cuts made to it. I only listened to the first 40mins of it and there were 2 really obvious cuts made, incredibly poor editing skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Whatever about today's, the first time he featured those two earlier in the week the podcast has some major edits/cuts made to it. I only listened to the first 40mins of it and there were 2 really obvious cuts made, incredibly poor editing skills.

I heard most of the editing department were on sick leave, D'Arcy was the only man on campus so the editing fell to him on this occasion

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2058056894&page=639

Here's where Sligojoe refers to when Joe said that even if the virus did come to Ireland it wouldn't kill us.
    Here's a suggestion for a thread title.

I was just playing back the episode with Robbie the "Irish international".

"Even if it does come it won't kill us".

We're giving this idiot 400,000 a year for his "expertise"

Listen to him from 12 mins in. That woman was dead right.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer...adio1/21720780

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer...adio1/21720780

It's there now.

"It's a repeat, I'm told. That's whoy they didn't promote it."

Just after the ad break around 1hr 15min.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I heard most of the editing department were on sick leave, D'Arcy was the only man on campus so the editing fell to him on this occasion

Nah, you'd know it was Arse'y, sure you'd hear him, 'huh, wait now, just press that there, no, nothing, just try that again AH there we go....'

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement