Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friday 11/4

• 10-04-2014 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Ayr 3:50

Solix is an old favourite of mine and I think he has a great chance here tomorrow. Forgetting his poorish run at the Cheltenham festival he had been showing up well enough prior to that and I think he has been looking for this trip on decent ground. He is of a mark here of 124 and looking at this race he will probably race prominently and could well be very difficult to pass with his light weight over this trip. 7/1 in this race looks great value

2 Points win 7/1 Paddy Power

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

4.55 - Ayr - Twin Plan

Blew the cobwebs off at Downpatrick - Hopefully that will have him in good nick for a run at this one once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

aidankkk wrote: »
    Ayr 3:50

Solix is an old favourite of mine and I think he has a great chance here tomorrow. Forgetting his poorish run at the Cheltenham festival he had been showing up well enough prior to that and I think he has been looking for this trip on decent ground. He is of a mark here of 124 and looking at this race he will probably race prominently and could well be very difficult to pass with his light weight over this trip. 7/1 in this race looks great value

2 Points win 7/1 Paddy Power
    If the 7s looked good the 9s looked great. Cannot believe people backed him as favorite over three miles against Bradley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

4.55 - Ayr - Twin Plan

Blew the cobwebs off at Downpatrick - Hopefully that will have him in good nick for a run at this one once again.

Her. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Have See Double You e/w for the last at Ayr at 11/1. I'm told while it isn't the cert that it was in its last two races, they still expect a good race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Oh to have my beloved sprint handicaps back.

A horse who i had as an out and out 5f sprinter last year goes tomorrow.

Lucky Beggar 4.15 Newbury
    Was campaigned mainly over 6f last year and eventually got off the mark over 6 on rattling quick ground on the july course. I still think 5 is his best trip. I dont think the going will be much of an issue given he has put in very good performances on good-soft in the past(also the gorund will be drying out all the time to).
    First time up is also not much of an issuegiven he has run with great credit on both seasonal reappearances so far. Especially last year when beaten just over 3L in third in a listed event over 7(to long) to a classy sort in Garswood. I also believe the straight in Newbury will suit him down to the ground.
    I dont think he is brilliantly handicapped but i think this race is very winnable for him at this stage of the season.
    Dutch Materpiece is undoubtedly the class horse in the race having won at group level. I feel though he is probably worth taking on at the prices in this on seasonal debut off a mark of 110.
    The rest are much of a muchness really. I couldnt have Jimmy Styles winning this at the age of 10.
    Steps is probably next best and could well be up to winning this with Oisin Murphy up but i dont think there is much wiggle room on his current mark.
    Burwaaz is probably the only other worth mentioning IMO and is chucked in on old form, but his form just tailed off far to much for me to be consider backing him on his first run of the season. I think he is capable of winning off a mark like this in the future i just hope tomorrow isnt the day.

All in all Lucky Beggar is the bet for me at 8/1

• Advertisement

Also Leo Luna in the second is 135 over hurdles and is up to 2m on handicap debut off a mark of 76. I havent analysed the race in to much detail as it looks fairly competitive but 7/2 could look very silly at 2.30 tomorrow. I stayed clear this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Unfortunately i have to go for the last race at ayr as well ah nuts:o
    Vivaldi Colonges is bred for distance looks a very nice horse very low head carriage and can see him winning first time over this distance 14-1 at the moment is a steal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

gone with Problema Tic in that last at Ayr.
    C&D winner, trainer won the race last year, bits of money starting to come for him.
    a bit regressive over fences, but hopefully off a winnable mark back over hurdles and worth an e/w punt at 16/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Going to take a chance on Lily Rock in the 16:50 at Wexford. Debut wasn't devoid of promise and Hallahan wouldn't be renowned for having them cherry ripe for debut. Russell stays loyal and his recent record for her isn't too bad, 1 win and 5 places from last 10 rides. This is not a strong race, Gold Platinum has ability but is a seriously tricky ride so couldn't have her and the other marker leaders look much of a muchness in my opinion. Normal improvement for Lily Rock should see her make the frame. If she was useless I doubt this owner would waste his time with her

Just looking at Fruity O Rooney's record at Fontwell, why didn't I back it?! Arrgh.

• Advertisement

Just looking at Fruity O Rooney's record at Fontwell, why didn't I back it?! Arrgh.

Just looked at my coral account. Drunk me did a Fruity and Solix double. Fingers crossed

Had two tonne on Fruity the last day when he unseated at the first. Summed up that day well

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Just looked at my coral account. Drunk me did a Fruity and Solix double. Fingers crossed
    Braindead ride.

And that is why I don't do doubles :rolleyes:

Braindead ride.

I only have audio what was it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Windpfeil in next

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I only have audio what was it
    Jockey tried to make all and the horse faded badly and might have pulled up. Not the first time I have seen Will Kennedy do that.

Think you might be harsh Francie the horse always makes all, and I'm not sure he got the fractions wrong given the first three home were all handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

LOL @ bad ride vibes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

kiers47 wrote: »

Was campaigned mainly over 6f last year and eventually got off the mark over 6 on rattling quick ground on the july course. I still think 5 is his best trip. I dont think the going will be much of an issue given he has put in very good performances on good-soft in the past(also the gorund will be drying out all the time to).
    First time up is also not much of an issuegiven he has run with great credit on both seasonal reappearances so far. Especially last year when beaten just over 3L in third in a listed event over 7(to long) to a classy sort in Garswood. I also believe the straight in Newbury will suit him down to the ground.
    I dont think he is brilliantly handicapped but i think this race is very winnable for him at this stage of the season.
    Dutch Materpiece is undoubtedly the class horse in the race having won at group level. I feel though he is probably worth taking on at the prices in this on seasonal debut off a mark of 110.
    The rest are much of a muchness really. I couldnt have Jimmy Styles winning this at the age of 10.
    Steps is probably next best and could well be up to winning this with Oisin Murphy up but i dont think there is much wiggle room on his current mark.
    Burwaaz is probably the only other worth mentioning IMO and is chucked in on old form, but his form just tailed off far to much for me to be consider backing him on his first run of the season. I think he is capable of winning off a mark like this in the future i just hope tomorrow isnt the day.

Nice shout Sir

Too Cool To Fool seriously impressive there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Cheers kiers had a small bet at 5/1. A bit more ammo for me for Fascinating Rock in the Ballysax tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Sweet. Only logging on so missed the write up but well done.

Cheers lads didn't see it but he won well from the rp comments anyway.
    Must have a look later!!

Have See Double You e/w for the last at Ayr at 11/1. I'm told while it isn't the cert that it was in its last two races, they still expect a good race.
    Outclassed by the winner, but looked very eye catching to get second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,422 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sutton Sioux 66-1 ew 8.05
    Me like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Unfortunately i have to go for the last race at ayr as well ah nuts:o
    Vivaldi Colonges is bred for distance looks a very nice horse very low head carriage and can see him winning first time over this distance 14-1 at the moment is a steal.

Great pick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,422 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Tyfos 8-1 8.35
    Me like

Advertisement