Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ikea queues

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

MOH wrote: »
    Try Viking Direct? I've found them more reliable than Ikea and my chair came next day delivery even though they said they couldn't guarantee that during hte pandemic.

I ordered a chair on 13 June. Still now received. Disaster upon disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I was up there a week or so ago, didn't realise there was a priority queue, am quite obviously very pregnant and nobody pointed it out to me.

We were lucky and queue took about 45 mins, but it was very uncomfortable standing for so long all the same.

When we exited we seen priority queue on opposite side of the door with zero people waiting.

Wish a staff member had pointed that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Shelli2 wrote: »
    I was up there a week or so ago, didn't realise there was a priority queue, am quite obviously very pregnant and nobody pointed it out to me.

We were lucky and queue took about 45 mins, but it was very uncomfortable standing for so long all the same.

When we exited we seen priority queue on opposite side of the door with zero people waiting.

Wish a staff member had pointed that out.

Why would they? It'd be a quick way for staff to get their head bitten off them by someone sensitive to being called vulnerable or elderly.

Why would they? It'd be a quick way for staff to get their head bitten off them by someone sensitive to being called vulnerable or elderly.

Tesco staff monitor the queue and offer priority to anyone they feel needs it, I don't see why IKEA couldn't just point out the priority queue.
    They have staff directing people in the car park to the queue end, surely they could even announce in general that the priority queue exists.
    There's not even any signs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Tesco staff monitor the queue and offer priority to anyone they feel needs it, I don't see why IKEA couldn't just point out the priority queue.
    They have staff directing people in the car park to the queue end, surely they could even announce in general that the priority queue exists.
    There's not even any signs.

What time were you there? Priority hours are only between 10 and 11.

I can understand you being frustrated but take it as a lesson learned, Ikea aren't at fault.

What time were you there? Priority hours are only between 10 and 11.

I can understand you being frustrated but take it as a lesson learned, Ikea aren't at fault.

That could explain it, it was the afternoon so that queue wouldn't have been operating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭nc6000

How have the queues been lately? The chair I want is unexpectedly back in stock again - I'm thinking of popping in.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I was there about 7 days ago and it took an hour to get in at 10am start, I'm going again tomorrow evening so going to be interesting to see what the situation is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Friend went about 4pm midweek and it only took 20 minutes to get in......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

if you are near Carrickmines, order your stuff in there for collection for a flat rate of €15, at least you'll know you'll get it what you ordered.

Note ordering online doesn't work the same way as stock is picked and shipped from the UK and they are struggling with volumes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any idea what the queues are like these days specifically for tomorrow Friday before lunch? Also same question for Decathlon...

Arrived at IKEA about 4pm on Tuesday, took about 50 mins to get in. Have to say ikea is now very pleasant to browse in with the way they are running it.

Afterwards drove over to Decathlon....walked straight in. Would have been about 6.45pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Toby22

Hi, I drove I to Ikea about 3pm on Tuesday and queue was huge, same for Decathlon. I didn’t wait so in fairness I don’t know how long it took to get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭nc6000

I got there a bit before 7pm on Monday and was in and out in just over an hour. The queue was long but it moves quickly enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Anyone know how the kitchen design teams are fixed? The website says to turn up at the moment. Is there an extra wait when you get in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Anyone know who delivers IKEA parcels the €9.99 delivery orders.

It’s supposed to be delivered today but heard nothing. I thought An Post did it but the post has gone.

Anyone know how the kitchen design teams are fixed? The website says to turn up at the moment. Is there an extra wait when you get in?

No que inside for kitchens today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

It’s supposed to be delivered today but heard nothing. I thought An Post did it but the post has gone.

Dpd delivered for us in the last few weeks, doesn't seem to be An Post anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I had something from them delivered today by An Post. Got an email and a text with a tracking number telling me it would be delivered in 2 working days but it actually arrived in 1.

It was only a small box though, maybe they use couriers for the larger parcels and An Post for the small ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭thebiglad

2 recent orders for me were DPD.

You should have a tracking number, my 1st order with IKEA according to their website due on Wednesday - nothing delivered. Then Thursday AM I got a text and email from DPD to say they were delivering that day.

Hopefully you'll get a text in the morning but, its still a day wasted!

I complained to IKEA and didn't even get a response.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Little Miss Fairy

I was there on a weekday last week. Skipped breakfast thinking I’d have it in the restaurant. Arrived at 9:30. Restaurant closed (I should have known this). Queued for an hour & when I got in, the queue behind me was very long. When I was leaving after midday (with a rumbling tummy) the queue was even longer. Will have to head back in a few weeks but this time I’ll go earlier & eat breakfast. In fairness to IKEA, they were managing the queues very well and as shopping experiences go, it hasn’t put me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,551 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Early morning is the absolute dead worst time to go - the initial batch of people get let in and take minimum 20 mins before any start coming out again; realistically most are in longer. So the queue stops moving entirely.

Go in the afternoon if at all possible. Going earlier will be even worse unless you manage to get early enough to be in the initial batch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Thanks all. Heard nothing but it was due today. About 5:55pm a text came through for a DPD delivery tomorrow it didn’t say ikea but I haven’t anything else ordered that I know of.

They don’t update the site or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Does anyone have any recent experience of ordering and collecting from Carrickmines?

Does anyone have any recent experience of ordering and collecting from Carrickmines?

Did it a few weeks back, you need to Q to get in to order what you want at the till (you can pretty much order anything, something you can't do online). Delivery is a flat rate of €15 and takes a few days.

They will text you when it's in, then you join the shorter Q at the right of the door. They will bring stuff out to you on a trolley.

On a side point, had to return something I bought in Ballymun, ikea ordered a replacement for delivery to Carrickmines without the €15 delivery charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Did it a few weeks back, you need to Q to get in to order what you want at the till (you can pretty much order anything, something you can't do online). Delivery is a flat rate of €15 and takes a few days.

They will text you when it's in, then you join the shorter Q at the right of the door. They will bring stuff out to you on a trolley.

On a side point, had to return something I bought in Ballymun, ikea ordered a replacement for delivery to Carrickmines without the €15 delivery charge.

Thanks. How long is a few days? I'm trying to time moving house with collecting the stuff because I'll have a van.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭perfectkama

Arrived ballymun 10am monday did a quick sortie massive crowds outside about 500 people left quite sharpish went homebase nearby will not be back till there is a vaccine and if stocks levels iffy go north probably quicker and with good sterling rate ex not meaning to sound impatient

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭perfectkama

Thanks. How long is a few days? I'm trying to time moving house with collecting the stuff because I'll have a van.
    Is that a camper van?

3 days it took for me but they won't guarantee a delivery day.

You don't have to collect it straight away though so maybe allow a full 7 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

Anyone know what the queues are like now?

• Advertisement

billbond4 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the queues are like now?

Just under an hour at 3pm on Monday. Still lots of stuff out of stock though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

About 7pm last Sunday zero queue. But that only left an hour before closing. We knew what we wanted and where it all was so wasn't a problem. Husband went back on Tuesday for one thing that wasn't in stock, around the same time, no real queue then either.

The restaurant opens 31 August!

Up until now its only been the bistro after you clear the checkouts.

Im thinking of getting there around there after 10 one mornings,what are queues like?

billbond4 wrote: »
    Im thinking of getting there around there after 10 one mornings,what are queues like?

Rubbish time. They allow the quota in at opening and then it's the guts of an hour before they start coming out so the queue is slowest moving as there isn't a constant flow of people coming out.

Cheers, will go a bit later then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

I went this afternoon (Friday) and got there around 5pm and walked straight in, the restaurant is open now and booking a table no hassle for 5.15. Only thing is the market hall seems to have renovations and quite a lot of stuff not stocked and slightly longer queue at checkout!

When leaving around 6.30pm the queue was longer to get in.

Last point: maybe they 3rd time I’ve been since July and 2m rule seems to be gone as a lot of people really getting in your space.

Was there tonight at 7.20pm, got in by 7.30pm. Horrible experience, people were queuing on top of each other (thankfully not the couple behind me), groups of 6+. They let about 20 people in at a time and everyone piled on to the escalators. I've been twice before since they reopened and had plenty of space inside but tonight it was jammed. No social distancing, people without masks or not wearing them properly. Felt very unsafe so rushed through and got out asap. Experience was topped off by a very aggressive beggar in the car park.

Was in Belfast last week and a million times more pleasant. I know where I'll be going if I need to buy stuff again.

Caranica wrote: »
    Was there tonight at 7.20pm, got in by 7.30pm. Horrible experience, people were queuing on top of each other (thankfully not the couple behind me), groups of 6+. They let about 20 people in at a time and everyone piled on to the escalators. I've been twice before since they reopened and had plenty of space inside but tonight it was jammed. No social distancing, people without masks or not wearing them properly. Felt very unsafe so rushed through and got out asap. Experience was topped off by a very aggressive beggar in the car park.

Was in Belfast last week and a million times more pleasant. I know where I'll be going if I need to buy stuff again.

Blonde woman approaching cars and people walking in the carpark by any chance?
    If so I've reported her the last 3 times I've been there, but they don't seem to care.

• Advertisement

Blonde woman approaching cars and people walking in the carpark by any chance?
    If so I've reported her the last 3 times I've been there, but they don't seem to care.

Yeah, I was in a fairly deserted part of the car park and felt very vulnerable. Passed a security guard as I was driving out and stopped and told him. He said he'd deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 wandering monk

So I visited this morning (before reading these posts) and there were easily 100 people in the carpark queuing to get in, so I about faced and went away.

Also, since when did it become ok to have to pay a store €15 to get your online order ready, so you can collect it yourself? There are plenty of business' out there that would be only too happy to put your order together for you for free so you could come in and collect it, especially if you are paying for it upfront on line? Cuts down on customers in the store (with restrictions), payment upfront, so even if you don't turn up, too bad for you. I dunno, seems mental to me that they would charge you this price to put your order on a trolley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Ikea queue is mental today. I guess that is because today might be their last day open for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Was there at 4 yesterday. Took about 20 mins in the queue. Only went to the marketplace for a few bits and bobs. No queue at checkout, just breezed through! Very pleasantly surprised at the experience as it's usually much more chaotic!

Any experience of home delivery? I ordered an item, got a 7am-11am delivery indication notice for this morning-nothing has arrived so far and it’s now late afternoon-customer service aren’t answering- tracking number doesn’t give any indication of where the item is-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Ya it happened to us. My husband got onto them that evening/the day after and they were able to reschedule it for a few days later with express delivery we didn't have to pay anything extra for. Apparently if something is not in stock when they are picking the order they won't send the order out. It is poor that they don't notify you though. When they were re submitting our order everything was in stock so we don't know what happened. And the actual delivery was grand. Fuss free and very handy for bulky items.

• Advertisement

scarepanda wrote: »
    Ya it happened to us. My husband got onto them that evening/the day after and they were able to reschedule it for a few days later with express delivery we didn't have to pay anything extra for. Apparently if something is not in stock when they are picking the order they won't send the order out. It is poor that they don't notify you though. When they were re submitting our order everything was in stock so we don't know what happened. And the actual delivery was grand. Fuss free and very handy for bulky items.

Thanks- I paid express delivery as normal delivery times are well into December and need the item sooner- I’ll try customer care again but they weren’t answering earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Thanks- I paid express delivery as normal delivery times are well into December and need the item sooner- I’ll try customer care again but they weren’t answering earlier

Definitely. I'll ask my husband when he finishes how he managed to get in contact with them. I think he tried via Twitter the day of delivery and couldn't get through but got through to CS the next day. He didn't have any issues with them from that point on.

scarepanda wrote: »
    Definitely. I'll ask my husband when he finishes how he managed to get in contact with them. I think he tried via Twitter the day of delivery and couldn't get through but got through to CS the next day. He didn't have any issues with them from that point on.

I got through eventually - 1/2 hour on hold as they tried to sort the problem- their systems aren’t great for tracking and I think this call centre is UK based so they had to contact a Dublin store- anyway got it sorted and the item is arriving this morning- I have all the tracking and text updates this time-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Sorry to dig up an old thread, just wondering if anyone who has been out to Ikea recently can comment on the wait times to get inside/volumes at particular times? TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Minier81

I was there around 1pm last Friday. No queues to get in, not busy in showroom and only marginally busier in the market, no queues for tills even. I've never seen it quieter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement