Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officers 2019 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Cossie44

BoyLaw937 wrote: »
    Shocked I passed as I collected a pizza in the middle of the numerical based test.

The fact that you thought it was appropriate to post that comment amongst the less fortunate makes me shocked that you passed too.. now back in your pizza box

• Registered Users Posts: 42 OutForTender

So many people apply for these. The EO in Revenue requires a qualification so you'll find most of them can apply for this as well

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

Got through, congratulations to all who did and best of luck to those who didn't. I am wondering with the application form, should we put down every job we have ever had? And with regards to the qualifications section, if you applied for the September start, what do you put if you haven't received your results yet (I'm in final year)?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BoyLaw937

Cossie44 wrote: »
    The fact that you thought it was appropriate to post that comment amongst the less fortunate makes me shocked that you passed too.. now back in your pizza box

“Less fortunate” they are not dead my friend, lighten up. It’s appropriate to post whatever I want within reason as this is a discussions board.

Have a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Got feedback. Did really well in the numerical and absolutely appalling in the verbal. From what i got it would seem accuracy (and not so much speed) is the name of the game. They don't expect anyone to get even close to 49 done. Had i took my time and leisurely made my way through 15-20 questions i'd probably be in the next round. As it was i rushed through 30 odd and failed miserably. Lesson learned.

Might be sour grapes but i think their verbal test is piss poor btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

BoyLaw937 wrote: »
    Shocked I passed as I collected a pizza in the middle of the numerical based test.

They've really changed these tests since I did them, collecting pizzas adds another dimension to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 OutForTender

corny wrote: »
    Got feedback. Did really well in the numerical and absolutely appalling in the verbal. From what i got it would seem accuracy (and not so much speed) is the name of the game. They don't expect anyone to get even close to 49 done. Had i took my time and leisurely made my way through 15-20 questions i'd probably be in the next round. As it was i rushed through 30 odd and failed miserably. Lesson learned.

Might be sour grapes but i think their verbal test is piss poor btw.

Did you get a score or did they just say 17/40 or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BoyLaw937

They've really changed these tests since I did them, collecting pizzas adds another dimension to it.

It shows initiative.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bubbles100

Hi all just found this discussion and was wondering has anyone filled out the applications in previous years? They are a bit meaty and was hoping for some direction. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭tmh106

I'm curious. Can someone give an example of a numerical question and an example of a verbal question. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 GalwayGirl2020

Hi All
    Just started to fill in the application form. Does anyone know what the next stage is after the application form if a candidate is successful? As in would it go to Supervised Tests or would they invite people for interview? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Hi All
    Just started to fill in the application form. Does anyone know what the next stage is after the application form if a candidate is successful? As in would it go to Supervised Tests or would they invite people for interview? Thanks in advance

I'd imagine the application will be ranked against pre defined criteria and then some applicants will be placed on a panel. Interviews will like only take place when offers are being made.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 GalwayGirl2020

I'd imagine the application will be ranked against pre defined criteria and then some applicants will be placed on a panel. Interviews will like only take place when offers are being made.

Thanks a million. Does that mean that the supervised tests won't take place?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Thanks a million. Does that mean that the supervised tests won't take place?

Wouldn't think so. I'd say you will either be eliminated for the process or put on a panel. I know a lad that applied for EO intake a couple of months ago. He sat the online test, was then called for supervised test, then placed on a panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Wouldn't think so. I'd say you will either be eliminated for the process or put on a panel. I know a lad that applied for EO intake a couple of months ago. He sat the online test, was then called for supervised test, then placed on a panel.

Was he an internal candidate? The external candidates definitely had to sit an interview before they were placed on a panel. An order of merit was formed from the supervised tests however you still had to pass the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Zulu Art

Anonire wrote: »
    Was he an internal candidate? The external candidates definitely had to sit an interview before they were placed on a panel. An order of merit was formed from the supervised tests however you still had to pass the interview

There can be some confusion on such things. In some competitions the supervised test will get you a panel placement. This is an order of merit which determines the order in which people are called to interview. So they may decide to call the best 50 (or other random number) on the panel to interview.

Those who pass interview will then be placed on a new panel, based on the order of merit at interview. It is this panel that determines the order that job offers are made.

Zulu Art wrote: »
    There can be some confusion on such things. In some competitions the supervised test will get you a panel placement. This is an order of merit which determines the order in which people are called to interview. So they may decide to call the best 50 (or other random number) on the panel to interview.

Those who pass interview will then be placed on a new panel, based on the order of merit at interview. It is this panel that determines the order that job offers are made.

I understand that in the most recent EO external competition for revenue an oom was formed based on the supervised testing. Candidates were then called for interview based on the oom at supervised testing and that oom only changed if a person failed the interview or didn't show up. I know it can vary for all competitions they seem to run slightly different each time.

Has anyone the form completed yet? I think my best brain power comes at this time of the night for some strange reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 2not4get

The form will take some time, I've spent some time on it and definitely going to take me another couple of hours to complete

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mary poppins

Mine is taking some time. It difficult to explain multiple requirements in 200 words

Mine is taking some time. It difficult to explain multiple requirements in 200 words

I agree alot of hours went into the form glad to have it finished. Very hard to squeeze the examples into the 200 words.
    I hope it ticks all the right boxes now.

Best of luck to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kriordan22

Anonire wrote: »
    I agree alot of hours went into the form glad to have it finished. Very hard to squeeze the examples into the 200 words.
    I hope it ticks all the right boxes now.

Best of luck to everyone.

Did anyone submit their form yet? I did yesterday evening but I didn't get any auto reply or anything.. Did anyone get any sort of reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

kriordan22 wrote: »
    Did anyone submit their form yet? I did yesterday evening but I didn't get any auto reply or anything.. Did anyone get any sort of reply?

No reply will be issued until either later today or early next week

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

I submitted mine and nearly instantly got an email to say they couldn't open it and could I send it via pdf so I did.. nothing back since

I got a reply when I submitted it. It wasnt an automatic reply. This was earlier in the week so I imagine people submitting today could be waiting a little while for a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Galantis

Form submitted thank god. Best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mary poppins

I submitted the application yesterday and got a receipt today.

I submitted application on Friday morning, no receipt acknowledgement yet, anyone get an email that submitted on Friday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

I was under the impression there would be an official receipt issued to everyone, however if this doesn't happen today the next email might be an invite to interview, I'm only guessing tho

Or possibly a polite refusal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cornel08biz

Still no reply... Just wondering if anyone received any kind of reply after sending the form on Thursday or Friday...
    Thank you !

Advertisement