Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 7T Amazon Germany €499

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Anyone get an order through, All I'm getting is Oops!

Page won't load now, Wonder if they are changing the price or just heavy traffic for the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Is the 7T Pro worth the extra €150 via Three?

Most reviews I've read seem to suggest probably not but I'd be very interested to hear the thoughts of Boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭pah

BrentMused wrote: »
    Is the 7T Pro worth the extra €150 via Three?

Most reviews I've read seem to suggest probably not but I'd be very interested to hear the thoughts of Boardsies.

I went for it. Not so much because it was worth 150 more but because I had been thinking about ordering anyway from OnePlus when they head reduced from 729 to 639. When I decided to pull the trigger they were out of stock. Then I stumbled on this for 569 and I didn't hesitate.

I'm sure you've done your research and they're isn't a lot been the 2 from what I can tell. I prefer the look of the back and having no front camera interfering with the screen is nice. Along with OnePlus gestures removing the soft buttons for home/back that gives a lot of screen real estate. I'm certainly happy with my purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Thanks Pah, appreciate the response.

All - I am currently with Vodafone and looking at other providers and deciding who to switch to.

I don't want to switch to Three just yet but if the new batch of phones do come locked to Three then I don't have a problem doing it so I'm going to pull the trigger.

If I select say the 3 Prepay 20 plan and then just let Three generate a new number for me, I can dispose of that SIM and still keep my own number by contacting Three at a later stage and arranging to switch to them if it is locked to Three, correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Looking the other way, can anyone convince me the 7T (€420) is worth the extra money over the 7 (€300)?

I've compared specs and it looks marginal to me - slightly bigger screen, slightly better chips, slightly bigger battery, faster charging... am I missing anything?

The 7T is probably out of my budget at the moment, I'd go for the 7 if it's still a good phone

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Hococop wrote: »
    Yeah I remember some saying that but also remember some saying new batches were coming in and some wondered if they would be locked, can't remember if people said the new ones were the same

I suppose the way to look at it is this: if you buy a phone outright, it's yours. They have no right to lock that phone on you, so if they did try that I'd be ringing them immediately and telling them you want them to unlock it. However, I expect they will be unlocked as they are being sold outright rather than over the duration of a contract.

Looking the other way, can anyone convince me the 7T (€420) is worth the extra money over the 7 (€300)?

I've compared specs and it looks marginal to me - slightly bigger screen, slightly better chips, slightly bigger battery, faster charging... am I missing anything?

The 7T is probably out of my budget at the moment, I'd go for the 7 if it's still a good phone

Thanks in advance

It's mispriced when you add it it's 399

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

It's mispriced when you add it it's 399

Ah crap, I remember reading that above now. Damn. Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭McGaz23

Ah crap, I remember reading that above now. Damn. Thanks for the reply

I originally posted the price was incorrect. When I spoke to another agent on chat they said it will actually come out to 299 once you choose to port over your number. Didn’t go through to see what happens tho.

Anyone get an order through, All I'm getting is Oops!

Ordered this morning got confirmation email shortly after. Will post tomorrow if it arrives and if it’s unlocked also as I’m not with three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sesame

The Chat person said 7T is not in stock. My order was cancelled. I made the order yesterday and cancelled today. They do have the Pro version she said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Sesame wrote: »
    The Chat person said 7T is not in stock. My order was cancelled. I made the order yesterday and cancelled today. They do have the Pro version she said.

Did you get an order confirmation email after ordering?

Ordered mine this morning, got a confirmation email but just on to chat and they have said it will be cancelled as phone not in stock.

Yesterday yes, got confirmed email. Can you check the status of your order? That's what I did and they said phone is out of stock and did I want to cancel order. I went ahead and cancelled it. Are chat people generally knowledgeably and accurate. I didn't get a good feeling if I'm honest. Why would it let me order it if its out of stock?

Yesterday yes, got confirmed email. Can you check the status of your order? That's what I did and they said phone is out of stock and did I want to cancel order. I went ahead and cancelled it. Are chat people generally knowledgeably and accurate. I didn't get a good feeling if I'm honest. Why would it let me order it if its out of stock?

Yeah you'd wonder alright! Did you cancel via chat then? Did they issue a refund already?

McGaz23 wrote: »
    Ordered mine this morning, got a confirmation email but just on to chat and they have said it will be cancelled as phone not in stock.

Sorry to spam this thread, So spoke to someone on chat and they advised out of stock and would need to cancel, I told them not to for now. Just spoke to someone else on chat just now and they advised it will shortly be dispatched and be with me within 2 days. Not going to hold my breath to be honest as I have found I get different answers from every agent I chat to with Three. I will post in a couple of days of the outcome.

21 days for a refund. looks like it will be a few more weeks before I can buy I phone. I asked would they alter my order to a different phone but no. I'll have to wait 3 weeks for my refund and repurchase, ffs.

I wouldn't be surprised if you get both the phone and the refund!

It's odd they haven't changed it to out of stock if they are cancelling orders

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

It's odd they haven't changed it to out of stock if they are cancelling orders

Just found this thread now, all 3 devices still showing online (7T Pro as online only). Will take a chance and order the 7T for 420 as have a 3T and been debating on upgrading for past month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

What is the battery life like on the 7T?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Horusire

Ordered a 7T lastnight. Noticed the people saying it was out of stock so I made from enquiries.

Spoke to a guy on webchat. Out of stock cant change order etc etc.

Rang 1913 spoke to a lady who said it would be here by monday... wtf three.

I made her triple check it was in stock and it was being processed and she said it was. Dont know what to think

Only do it if you u don't mind your money being tied up for 3 weeks and no phone at the end. If anyone gets it delivered in next few days, let me know and I'll try getting into them again. But at the moment mine is still cancelled due to it being out of stock.

Only do it if you u don't mind your money being tied up for 3 weeks and no phone at the end. If anyone gets it delivered in next few days, let me know and I'll try getting into them again. But at the moment mine is still cancelled due to it being out of stock.

Have to head into town later so will check the Henry St and Grafton st stores to see if any there.
    Anyone buy in store? Do you need to create a new number with them or can you just buy the phone? On Eir atm

If its out of stock I plan to just request a chargeback from my bank.Three weeks is shocking.

I cancelled something on amazon and it was credited to my account literally an hour later.

Fingers crossed it will be delivered but i do not have high hopes

Have to head into town later so will check the Henry St and Grafton st stores to see if any there.
    Anyone buy in store? Do you need to create a new number with them or can you just buy the phone? On Eir atm

Called into store and none left in any store in Dublin city centre, wasnt sure about the warehouse stock.
    Said they only work if theres a 3 sim in one of the slots, you can get it unlocked once you but 130 on credit with 3. Sounded like BS to me.

I cancelled my online order and managed to snag one in naas. It was the last in stock.

Iam on three anywayso can't comment on unlock etc

Anyone who ordered this week get theirs yet?!

Pacifico wrote: »
    Anyone who ordered this week get theirs yet?!

No, just spoke to them on chat again and was told my order was cancelled on the 8th July. I was told twice by them since that date that it “would be dispatched soon”. Refund in 10 days apparently. Terrible experience.

• Advertisement

Bizzare...it's still available to buy on their site

Advertisement