Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st OW Swim 2015

Options
  • 09-07-2015 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Having cut my swimming back a lot this year from 6 sessions a week to 1 and next to none OW swimming due to cycling, I got in the lake last night for a swim and must say I certainly missed OW :D

You become so free, relaxed, stress free. Going to try to double my swimming as it's deadly!!

How you do feel in the OW?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Welcome back, was it in skins or suit? if its in a suit you weren't really free!!!

Nothing like being out in open sea and waves hitting you, hate though when your swimming and waves are rolling in behind you, cant seem to get my stroke going when that happens. Love going back though into waves lke that with a chop.

Oh half way through an open water sea race I do gag a bit, but once I get over it im back on track! (bit of pointless info there for you) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

Afraid to say in a wetsuit. Lake is still on the cool side but will move into togs shortly. Certainly you are more restricted in the wetsuit and I agree togs are way more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Freddio

I think there's a point in every ow race where you wonder what the f your doing but unlike mad m I love it when your riding the waves and eating up distance.

I think your overall impression of a swim is definitely swayed by the result.

Advertisement