Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SFIV - Can Turbo button be used for EX?

• 06-05-2009 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hey lads. I've been using with Chun Li for a few weeks now but unfortunately, whenever I tap the 2 kick buttons (assigned to A and B) for the lightning kicks my thumb starts to hurt or the nerves at the top of my thumb so I wanted to ask if its possible to use the turbo button for EX lightning kicks. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I don't use turbos and never will so I dunno man.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Oh by the way, I thought I should mention that I don't have a arcade stick or fight pad so I'm asking as its the thing that I'd need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I don't know but turbo is gay as hell

Just so we're clear, you want to use a turbo pad cause it hurts to do chun li's EX lighting legs as you use A and B (X and O on the ps3) why not use A and R2 or B and R2 instead? So your thumb is only pressing one button?

(dunno if its called R2 on a 360 pad btw)

Or you could try tapping KKK instead. (L2)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I know no one likes a turbo button player at tournaments but I fail to see why it would be a problem. Most experienced players can pull off any of the multi tap attacks with ease so it wouldn't make a difference to how its being used but would be much better for thumbs because of less movement and saving your pad or stick for a bit longer too instead of having to buy new buttons or a new pad every once in a while ;)

@Cunny-Funt: Yeah, I did try using the left trigger (triple kicks) and although its easier, I'm worried that after a while, it'd bugger the trigger when I'd play any racing games which I seriously wouldn't want as I mostly play racing games.

Just if anyone could please tell me if its possible to assign 2 attack buttons for the turbo switch or button.

• Advertisement

What about holds where mashing buttons makes you escape faster? Turbo is a clear cheat, there's no way it should be allowed at tournaments if that's what you're suggesting. If you're playing on a stick you should have no problem with EX-style inputs anyway because you just use two separate fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Thankfully, the "mash to escape faster" crap has been removed from SFIV :)

You could still theoretically use turbo to hit tight links though. And even if not it is still mad gay.

Leprekaun wrote: »

@Cunny-Funt: Yeah, I did try using the left trigger (triple kicks) and although its easier, I'm worried that after a while, it'd bugger the trigger when I'd play any racing games which I seriously wouldn't want as I mostly play racing games.

Jesus, I don't have a 360 but I've had a few shots of the pad, doesn't strike me as being all that flimsy tbh...

:confused:

Advertisement