Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GGPO.net

Options
  • 03-05-2009 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

If you play or want to play Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, 3rd Strike, KOF, etc online, play on ggpo.net! It lets you play arcade games on your PC online against the best!

I'm literally the only Irish I'v seen on there! Come! They have tournaments sometimes during week nights.
    dela.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah I use to play there a reasonable amount for a few months.

We have played a few times on 2DF but you had me well beat.

Seem to have connections issues with GGPO frequently. Random strange problems with it.
    Works fine for a while then stops. Connecting to people seems very random and my ports are open.

I don't use it as much as I have SF IV and HD Remix on the PS3.

Still log for a few games now and then with Neptune (Creature is GGPO name and boards.ie name)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I used to play on ggpo daily and 2df to a lesser extent.I only ever really played ST there but since HD Remix and SF4 I've been there less and less.

I had a lot of long sessions with Creature too,must get on sometime soon for a few games.Will prob be on later today if anyone fancies a game,user name is Blagdhalia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I tried to use GGPO and 2DF but couldn't get through DCU proxy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

blag wrote: »
    I used to play on ggpo daily and 2df to a lesser extent.I only ever really played ST there but since HD Remix and SF4 I've been there less and less.

I had a lot of long sessions with Creature too,must get on sometime soon for a few games.Will prob be on later today if anyone fancies a game,user name is Blagdhalia.

Howrya Blag, long time no fight :p.

Yeah I'm Creature/Neptune. Challenge me if you see me! Though GGPO hasn't been working for me lately, dunno whats going on with it. And 2df is as laggy and unpredictable as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We should arrange a time for sometime soon when a few of us can get on at the same time one night and get a few games going.

I'd love to get in to Garou, but never have anyone to play against.

I'll happily play CE, HF, ST or 3S though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I'll play Garou with you Chopper. Drop a pm sometime and we'll organise something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I was on 2df daily since it was released. I was a 3rd striker so 2Df was better for me (3s is better on 2df compared to ggpo)

I went by Irish-Ken, and Cunny-funt for awhile but I let a friend of mine use my cunny-funt log-in and he got hooked for awhile too.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DeLaTroY

Ah yeh Azza, cunny funt & Irish-Ken are on 2Df alright. I started out there, but moved to GGPO cos of the great netcode (can play against US players!) and the competition. I'm on ggpo most nights from about 10pm playing ST. Play 3s casually on 2df the odd time. Come! :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah Delatroy is no slouch at ST, pretty much trashed me anytime I played him. I suspect Blag would offer quite a stern challenge for you Delatroy.

Hey Cunny-Funt now that is mission accomplished with the fighting game forum don't you need a new signature?

indeed, hehe, I changed the link anyway so that it links to here. I'll get around to making a new sig tomorrow. Only realised we finally got our forum today!:cool:

• Advertisement

DeLaTroY wrote: »
    Ah yeh Azza, cunny funt & Irish-Ken are on 2Df alright. I started out there, but moved to GGPO cos of the great netcode (can play against US players!) and the competition. I'm on ggpo most nights from about 10pm playing ST. Play 3s casually on 2df the odd time. Come! :pac:

Yes I actually played you in 3s on 2DF and it was your 1st day there. As far as I remember I was the one that suggested GGPO to you :p

Have yea played SFIV yet? Or are yea waitin for the PC version is it?

Advertisement