Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Throwing : Input Lag or Priority?

• 06-05-2009 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

There's alot of times I've gone for the throw and the other lad gets the throw instead of it being a technical, one situation I've noticed alot is on wakeup I go for the throw and they throw instead.

Is this a matter of priority for the other player in that situation or is it just lag when I play online/input lag?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I think it's just your timing/input lag - SFIV gives no invincibility frames on wake-up like previous games (according to eventhubs).
    But you can learn to time your throws so they connect on wake-up, and when you do... :D

Me, I like doing (Abel) throw, walk-towards, throw (if they didn't shoryu), walk-towards.
    Now, if they're stupid, they'll shoryu, which gets them a combo.
    If they're INTELLIGENT, they'll try to tech. Which gets them a Tornado Throw (TT>throw) :pac:

Now, if they're not dead, they'll try to jump out. EX Terry kick! :p

(ps: DON'T DO THIS VS. 'GIEF!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Speaking of Abel vs Zangrief, you can normal TT zangrief out of his ultra. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

CodeMonkey wrote: »

I'd be so pissed off if someone pulled this on me!

I once used Hooligan throw vs Sakura's Ultra.
    Pretty much the only time it's actually useful :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

CodeMonkey wrote: »

I played an Abel the other night that ex TT'd me out of Akumas raging demon.
    Fooker.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A-Trak wrote: »
    Fooker.

Now that's just funny. :)

A-Trak wrote: »
    Fooker.
    Damn, could've used that info last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Yeah it's kind of annoying going down to worse opponents for crap like that - the lag seems to change over the course of the game too so it's a little tricky. I'm digital_joc on psn and looking forward to getting battered by kikis akuma :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Jim wrote: »
    There's alot of times I've gone for the throw and the other lad gets the throw instead of it being a technical, one situation I've noticed alot is on wakeup I go for the throw and they throw instead.

Is this a matter of priority for the other player in that situation or is it just lag when I play online/input lag?

Command throws have priority over normal throws, and different characters have different throw ranges, not to mention some having kara throws to increase their range. This is the only "priority" that should be affecting throws afaik.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

'Giefs Piledriver has ridiculous amounts of priority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

If by that you mean "a quick startup" then yeah I guess it does, like every other throw. ;d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Also if your opponent is in recovery frames you can't throw them. This has happened to me a few times, I'd hit them then go for throw but my arms would go right through them. (leaving me open) Different characters also have different wake up times. Bisons always has me off and I'd try and grab too early as they're getting up.

joconnell wrote: »
    Yeah it's kind of annoying going down to worse opponents for crap like that - the lag seems to change over the course of the game too so it's a little tricky. I'm digital_joc on psn and looking forward to getting battered by kikis akuma :D
    No no... I play Abel/Dhalsim, my workmate plays Akuma.

Advertisement