Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPG Maker

Options
  • 02-01-2016 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

Any RPG Maker VX Ace or MV users out there who would be interested in teaming up to make an amateur game? I don't have any concrete project myself and tbh I'm still quite the novice when it comes to video game development. I'd just really like to meet some like-minded people with a passion for game-design who would one day like to see a game of their own made, and experienced by a wider audience.

Again, I'm fairly amateurish at the whole thing myself and don't have any scripting knowledge. I'm just hoping there are a few other similarly-skilled amateurs out there armed with little more than passion, patience and a creative imagination who be interested in teaming up for what, first and foremost, should be a bit of craic. We can see where we go from there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

xavioleary wrote: »
    Hi all,

Any RPG Maker VX Ace or MV users out there who would be interested in teaming up to make an amateur game? I don't have any concrete project myself and tbh I'm still quite the novice when it comes to video game development. I'd just really like to meet some like-minded people with a passion for game-design who would one day like to see a game of their own made, and experienced by a wider audience.

Again, I'm fairly amateurish at the whole thing myself and don't have any scripting knowledge. I'm just hoping there are a few other similarly-skilled amateurs out there armed with little more than passion, patience and a creative imagination who be interested in teaming up for what, first and foremost, should be a bit of craic. We can see where we go from there!

Hey, I've used rpg maker a bit. It's a great tool to break into game design with. Normally I'd be 100% up for helping with something like this but my schedule for the next 9 months or so is absolutely hectic. If you're still looking for people in the summer, post here and I may be able to volunteer more time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I used to like to make scripts in RPG maker but have long outgrown Ruby as a language to develop with. I don't think I could go back to it.

I believe MV uses javascript now though? Am I right in saying that? Though I think they changed the aspect ratios of graphics and old graphics will no longer work? It would be a pain to build assets from the ground up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xavioleary

I used to like to make scripts in RPG maker but have long outgrown Ruby as a language to develop with. I don't think I could go back to it.

I believe MV uses javascript now though? Am I right in saying that? Though I think they changed the aspect ratios of graphics and old graphics will no longer work? It would be a pain to build assets from the ground up again.

Yup! It sure does. Not that it makes any difference to me I'm fairly rubbish at scripting anyway. Yeah the aspect ratios have changed but VX Ace files are easily converted to the new ratios. All in all I'm quite impressed with MV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Didn't realise there was a new one released there, must go see what the difference is with MV.

Advertisement