Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Austrian School of Economics

Options
  • 18-12-2006 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone who studied economics ever come across this, as far as I can summerise it's a school of thought that says that money should be backed by gold, and would put alot of the economic problems of the world down to inflation/excessive money creation and I guess is the polar opposite of Kenyes. I must say I agree with the the idea that the unit of measure should not be debased over time which must have consequenses in the long run

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Right_Side

Get real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

silverharp wrote:
    Has anyone who studied economics ever come across this,
    Most people who study economics surely come across this at some stage.
    as far as I can summerise it's a school of thought that says that money should be backed by gold, and would put alot of the economic problems of the world down to inflation/excessive money creation and I guess is the polar opposite of Kenyes. I must say I agree with the the idea that the unit of measure should not be debased over time which must have consequenses in the long run
    Well, that's your opinion...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Right_Side wrote:
    Get real.
    Now now, play nice.*

*That's not a suggestion

Advertisement