Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics of Energy

Options
  • 24-11-2006 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Cello,
    I was wondering if anyone knew of a book detailing how energy dictates economic policy for Governments. I read "End of Oil" by Paul Roberts and he went into aspects of it, but he is not an economist and he just gave an overview of our energy aspects

Cheers

Shakeydude

Comments

Try 'Crude' by Shah

Not really focused explicitly on Gov Policy, but a good read and it does have a decent bit of Gov Policy in it..

Naturally it's focused on the US view to the Oil situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

shakeydude wrote:
    Cello,
    I was wondering if anyone knew of a book detailing how energy dictates economic policy for Governments. I read "End of Oil" by Paul Roberts and he went into aspects of it, but he is not an economist and he just gave an overview of our energy aspects

Cheers

Shakeydude

I'm about a third of the way through the same book. Its very economics-lite alright. Are you talking about how movements in the oil market might effect things like employment or transport policy?

Can't think of anything off the top of my head but I'd suggest looking up a boring old economics text book to see what you can find (see especially cost push inflation and any accounts of the 70s oil crises)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

The council on foreign relations in the US has just issued a 70page report on energy issues for the US gov. , you should be able to google it.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement