Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 6T - 8GB RAM - 128GB - 358 euro delivered

Options
  • 25-06-2019 6:13pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Great price for this phone, as long as you don't mind the 2-3 week wait from Asia and buying from Gearbest..

OP 6T

Use coupon code: GBMP6T8128

It's the 8GB RAM, 128GB storage version

Valid for the next 24 hours...

Thought it was worth sharing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

This is similar to the Bangood offer from the other week in the other Oneplus thread, €385 with voucher code. Don't think anyone posting in that thread received a phone, just endless emails from Bangood contradicting the prior email, offers of a different colour 6T that was definitely in stock and ready to be shipped in 48hrs, until magically out of stock again. I'd save the frustration and go for the One Plus 6 64Gb from Amazon.it for 390 delivered, as they actually have stock of it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

This is similar to the Bangood offer from the other week in the other Oneplus thread, €385 with voucher code. Don't think anyone posting in that thread received a phone, just endless emails from Bangood contradicting the prior email, offers of a different colour 6T that was definitely in stock and ready to be shipped in 48hrs, until magically out of stock again. I'd save the frustration and go for the One Plus 6 64Gb from Amazon.it for 390 delivered, as they actually have stock of it!

I wouldn't, the battery on the 6T is better, the notch is annoying on the 6 and 64GB of storage is not enough. I use gearbest a lot and as long as you allow 3 weeks for delivery, you won't have any stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

What about customs?

Not worth the hassle dealing with gearbest. Just look how they fecked off from here after everyone lost interest. Zero customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I've taken the plunge. Here's hoping i've better luck than i did with Banggood...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

tedpan wrote: »
    I wouldn't, the battery on the 6T is better, the notch is annoying on the 6 and 64GB of storage is not enough. I use gearbest a lot and as long as you allow 3 weeks for delivery, you won't have any stress.
    Sorry to off topic but how is 64GB not enough storage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

paid 579 for this back in nov

this is a steal at the price and if you're on the fence just get off it...
    you won't regret it

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Keano wrote: »
    Sorry to off topic but how is 64GB not enough storage?

For myself, I use dropbox for all my photos and videos (which saves me a good few GB). Without dropbox, Id run out of 64GB space very quickly. Recording 5/10 minute videos in 4K, are a couple of gig (hence why I have dropbox).

However, I download a lot of albums from spotify, and that also is a good few gig. I also have a few movies on mine (Huawei) which is another few gigs. Purely depends on peoples usage. I agree that 64GB is probably enough for a lot of people. Ive 128GB on my phone and currently have 50GB used (and another 400/500GB on dropbox from this phone alone)

I take a lot of photos and video on the phone, plus I use it for my drone and dashcam. 64GB would be used up in a few weeks. Maybe I'm a heavy user...

mailburner wrote:
    paid 579 for this back in nov

I know, I paid 699 in December for the 10GB 256GB version. Was thinking of picking this up as a spare!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

What is the reception / call quality like on these??

• Advertisement

What is the reception / call quality like on these??

Amazing, I'm on Vodafone, so also depends on your network. The user interface is brilliant too, so easy to use. Not sure if I could go back to Samsung or Huawei.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Very tempted to pull the trigger.

I'm a newb buying from Gearbest but general consensus is good but it'll take a while?

Is expedited shipping not worth it?

Giggernaut wrote:
    I'm a newb buying from Gearbest but general consensus is good but it'll take a while?

Giggernaut wrote:
    Is expedited shipping not worth it?

I always go with standard registered shipping, it takes 2-3 weeks on average. Maybe the expedited shipping is faster?

As other people have stated, their tracking is useless as well as customer support although I've always been happy at the end, it's all about being patient really..

There is also a small chance of customs. I had to pay duty on a drone battery before, everything else has been delivered without an issue, at least 30 orders at this stage.

I'd recommend them and purchase almost once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Ordered one as my OP5 is acting up, good price lads are asking for over 400 on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭testtech05

Nolars wrote: »
    Ordered one as my OP5 is acting up, good price lads are asking for over 400 on adverts.

Took a chance on it aswell, hopefully doesn't end up like the Banggood order......

Nolars wrote: »

I'm still using my one+1..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We bought one in Cex . Cost 475e . was brand new in box . To say its amazing is an understatement. You won't be disappointed . It ticks all boxes .bought a front and back cover in local phone shop .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I'm an extremely heavy phone user. My 3 ye old OnePlus 3T is still absolutely flawless. Never ever had any issues best phone I've ever had by miles and I've had several iPhones etc. I honestly can't praise OnePlus phones enough

EXPIRED

Messaged GearBest to see if they could give me an update on expected dispatch of the phone, ordered on the 27th of June and got the below response:

"We are attempting to prepare your order as soon as possible. However, this item sold much faster than we expected, due to it being in popular demand, and is currently out of stock.

In order to resolve this issue, please view the estimated dispatch time of your item and our suggestion below.
    Kindly inform us your decision."

Starting to look like it might be another BangGood situation.......

• Advertisement

testtech05 wrote:
    "We are attempting to prepare your order as soon as possible. However, this item sold much faster than we expected, due to it being in popular demand, and is currently out of stock.

That's their usual rubbish update. I really wouldn't worry though, as I said I wouldn't start attempting to track for at least another 6-10 days, it just gets frustrating.

That's their usual rubbish update. I really wouldn't worry though, as I said I wouldn't start attempting to track for at least another 6-10 days, it just gets frustrating.

Thanks, I haven't used them before so wanted to follow up. Really hoping I get it now :)

testtech05 wrote:
    Thanks, I haven't used them before so wanted to follow up. Really hoping I get it now

Yeah, they are really bad at customer service and order updates. The best thing to do is check if there's any movement on Friday. This is extremely difficult especially waiting for a new phone! I have already pulled most of my hair out over the years dealing with them, but always happy in the end.

I got an email from Gearbest this morning saying it has been shipped.
    Please allow 10-18 business days for delivery.

I got an email from Gearbest this morning saying it has been shipped.
    Please allow 10-18 business days for delivery.

Me too!!! Now to wait.....

I got an email from Gearbest this morning saying it has been shipped. Please allow 10-18 business days for delivery.

testtech05 wrote:
    Me too!!! Now to wait.....

Great news lads! I'd say it'll be 2 weeks, hope you can wait that long :)

I got an email from Gearbest this morning saying it has been shipped. Please allow 10-18 business days for delivery.

Any news on the tracking lads?

Any news on the tracking lads?
    Last update on mine was that it was in Budapest on the 9th of July.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I know the deal is over...and well done those who got in the deal :)

Missed it as overseas. Does anyone know if similar deal on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

biebiebie wrote: »
    I know the deal is over...and well done those who got in the deal :)

Missed it as overseas. Does anyone know if similar deal on?

Amazon Prime sale is on today and tomorrow they have OnePlus 6 at £400

Advertisement