Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max1 projector phone direct from Blackview works out about 350 via revolut

Options
  • 07-03-2019 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

I posted the Samsung galaxy beam years ago when carphone warehouse had them reduced to 150 and I have to say it was a bargain, the phone is still around . So when I saw this I got v excited, when I looked it up on AliExpress its priced between 529 and 440 dollars, but if you order it direct from the blackview website it's in dollars and with exchange comes in about 350 .
    The specs sound amazing and it's featured on hukd but I have no idea how good it is, apart from the reviews on YouTube.
    It's preorder price till the 10 march then goes up.
    http://promo.blackview.hk/blackview-max-1-phone-projector/?lang=en

Comments

How are you gonna sit there and flick through stuff on your phone during a movie, when your phone is being used as a projector? :D

In all serious, I really can't see how there aren't better solutions to virtually every scenario they say you could use this phone for. This would definitely fall into the 'buying something just because it's (possibly) a bargain' category.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭long_b

Basil3 wrote: »
    This would definitely fall into the 'buying something just because it's (possibly) a bargain' category.

Welcome to BA

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

How are you gonna sit there and flick through stuff on your phone during a movie, when your phone is being used as a projector? :D
    In all serious, I really can't see how there aren't better solutions to virtually every scenario they say you could use this phone for. This would definitely fall into the 'buying something just because it's (possibly) a bargain' category.

Maybe just watch a movie projected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

just an update: Aliexpress now has this phone for 252 euro free shipping.
    i loved it. just waiting on a replacement screen from blackview at the moment to see can i get mine working again. it is working , just the phone touch screen is dead, due to someone having dropped it without a proper protective case on it.
    So if you do go for it, make sure you get a good strong protective case for it too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32970584787.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2e4d124ab4CsJP&algo_pvid=0c6b6a66-c06c-4b6e-8c59-8f53e2f76aa1&algo_expid=0c6b6a66-c06c-4b6e-8c59-8f53e2f76aa1-7&btsid=a85c25c9-f615-49bb-843b-e6206f00da6f&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_8%2Csearchweb201603_52

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Swiss knife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,973 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That's pretty funky! How good is the projector function? Can't find a good demo online

the one i got , was great ! storage and resolution and vanilla android and having had a galaxy beam even though it was 6 years ago was good , but this was better

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I've a Blackview BV9500 Pro which is going great so far, the camera is kinda crappy, but everything else is going great so I'd be happy ordering another blackview phone again, but I just can't imagine the projection from something so small being any way comparable to a stand alone projector? I assume you need pretty much full darkness to see the projection well? Stand alone projectors always seem to run and cool with a constant fan, how does the phone handle this? Does it heat up a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

gmisk wrote: »
    That's pretty funky! How good is the projector function? Can't find a good demo online

JerryRigEverything on Youtube gave it a good review:

Anyone buy one from AliExpress? Was there a customs charge if so how much? Going away soon and the electricity situation is not the best so watching anything on TV is not great so this might be handy for a movie or two.

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone buy one from AliExpress? Was there a customs charge if so how much? Going away soon and the electricity situation is not the best so watching anything on TV is not great so this might be handy for a movie or two.

Didn't buy this but some of the reviews said they received it no extras to pay.
    Have used AliExpress and everything so far has arrived grand, no extra charges.

cormie wrote: »
    I've a Blackview BV9500 Pro which is going great so far, the camera is kinda crappy, but everything else is going great so I'd be happy ordering another blackview phone again, but I just can't imagine the projection from something so small being any way comparable to a stand alone projector? I assume you need pretty much full darkness to see the projection well? Stand alone projectors always seem to run and cool with a constant fan, how does the phone handle this? Does it heat up a lot?

Yes needs to be very dark but as someone else said ideal for when you're out and about at night
    The one I had did not heat up excessively but it's handiest with a mini tripod which are in the euro shops at the moment.

Ordered one last night. Shipped this morning. Hopefully there are no customs etc.

I am travelling to few Asian countries for a couple of months , some where there is no electricity half of the time, so projector will come in handy when bored as will put a few movies on it. Other than the projector feature, its not a bad phone specs wise at this price level. 250e.

maybe order a good solar charger while youre at it

gussieg wrote: »
    maybe order a good solar charger while youre at it

Would have been a good idea but the places I am going are between 4-10 degrees day time so doubt there will be any sun.

I wonder what the longevity of this is? Projectors usually have fans to keep them cool, but I guess this doesn't even though it's still emitting a daycent amount of light?

its 50 lumens max so no more than a phone torch really

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was toyng with buying one on aliexpress. When I hover over the buy now or add to cart buttons I get a pop up saying "please provide the missing information first"

I have an account with aliexpress but never bought anything. Am I missing something pretty obvious?

I was toyng with buying one on aliexpress. When I hover over the buy now or add to cart buttons I get a pop up saying "please provide the missing information first"

I have an account with aliexpress but never bought anything. Am I missing something pretty obvious?
    Could be saving you from yourself ! I tried to get one more but tripped up on the revolut end.
    Maybe your card details or address need updating?

You might have not selected the bundle type / ship country.

• Advertisement

gussieg wrote: »
    Could be saving you from yourself ! I tried to get one more but tripped up on the revolut end.
    Maybe your card details or address need updating?

Revolut never works for me on this site. Always just use my card but mostly just buy a bunch of cheap stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cheers folks. Seems I hadn't set up Alipay. Did give me time to pause for reflection though :)

Now not so sure.
    I like the idea of the projector but thinking now I might just go with one of those portable jobs that have bluetooth and wifi. Not much bigger than a phone and I dont need another phone anyway at the minute.

i would have said the same only those are half the resolution of this and now the price has dropped again...

225 now, paid 252 for mine. Should have waited.

I got it at this price started same time as amazon prime sale now to see is does it arrive happy. Mind you the price I paid for the first one I should have three of them . One for me one for the kids one for

Still tempted, but just thinking about it being 50 lumens compared to other projectors being like 3,000, that's a huge difference :o

Any coupon codes for ali express?

Yes, about 2.50 off. But at this price with these specs as a mini portable SILENT projector it really blows all those other mini dlp projectors out of the water, except maybe the high end ones, I haven't seen them.ie Sony Aaxa LG - these are currently way more expensive. downside :tethering is tricky From this phone and it has no 3.5mm jack space.

What do you mean tethering is tricky?

It's such a pity about the 3.5 jack, especially considering it's a projector and Audio connectivity should be a big part of that. How can you hook it up to speakers without bluetooth?

i got two usbc to 3.5 mm adaptors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Do I need one of these?

Advertisement