Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3GB/32GB Android box Amlogic S912 Octacore -€40

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Just ordered from op link at 50 odd euro and then I ordered a mouse pad for 13 euro. I'm just in from a work do with a couple glasses of wine on me so hoping I did the right thing. I did have the wherewithal to tick the UK box so hoping I didn't do too much damage. Tell me nothing can go wrong!

Most of these are cheap outside,but bullet proof inside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Shagged

Booooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Belgium tracking eventually showed on An Post website today...

ITEM RECEIVED DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE
    DUBLIN 12 28-Sep-17
    09:55 ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMS DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE
    DUBLIN 12 28-Sep-17
    09:55

....am i doomed?? :o

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Shagged

Just thinking, could you doctor the invoice to give a lower sale price figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

The price has gone up to €56,71. Any promo code folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Just thinking, could you doctor the invoice to give a lower sale price figure?

You could, but don't try it, not worth the problems you might have after doing that.

Has anyone received theirs from Banggood and shipped via Belgium Post?

loki7777 wrote: »
    You could, but don't try it, not worth the problems you might have after doing that.

Thanks for the info... What kind of problems would they be?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Seems like a low return for getting yourself involved in tax fraud?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

To make it "worthwhile" you'd need to falsify below €26 to get a waiver on the An Post handling (€10) along with all import VAT - otherwise it's just €2.30 for every €10 "reduction".

1. If caught, it's a fixed penalty €5K under the VAT Consolidation Act 2010 ... no waivers, for sure:

2j5xwr4.png

2. You'll be caught - a) they'll check the website against the invoice b) everyone else who's been caught buying the same box that day/week will submit a genuine invoice.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

styron wrote: »
    To make it "worthwhile" you'd need to falsify below €26 to get a waiver on the An Post handling (€10) along with all import VAT - otherwise it's just €2.30 for every €10 "reduction".

1. If caught, it's a fixed penalty €5K under the VAT Consolidation Act 2010 ... no waivers, for sure:

2j5xwr4.png

2. You'll be caught - a) they'll check the website against the invoice b) everyone else who's been caught buying the same box that day/week will submit a genuine invoice.

But sometimes you might have accumulated reward points from previous purchases on the site. If you redeem them, the price on the invoice is often inaccurate.

I always take this into account when producing the invoice. Not sure where I got so many points though!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

doylefe wrote: »
    But sometimes you might have accumulated reward points from previous purchases on the site. If you redeem them, the price on the invoice is often inaccurate.

I always take this into account when producing the invoice. Not sure where I got so many points though!
    I'd be with you on that ... a particularly perverse pleasure if the points drag the order below €26.06.

I emailed screengrabs of the Paypal/online bank transaction along with the Gearbest (etc) account web page showing the same net cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Got mine yesterday (from Gearbest, an post delivered it) and I don't know what to think of it to be honest.

First of all, this is my first android box - so I don't know all the tips and tricks yet. I have a 1080p projector, which is powered by a Sony amp, and all my sources feed into the projector thru the amp. I also have a HP microserver as file server, running XPenolgy which lists all the movies & shows over dlna. Testing the video playback capability of this device with that media-something app that comes in it - I am a bit underwhelmed. It doesn't play the audio for certain movies/formats. Also overall picture quality is a bit poor compared to PS3 playing the same file. Not to mention the interface - painful compared to PS3. The main reason I got this is because of PS3's cinivia blocking from playing some content.. but I don't know. Will try tweaking it before making up my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Has anyone received theirs from Banggood and shipped via Belgium Post?

I ordered through Banggood on the 9th and it has shown up on 17track as being in Belgium and left on the 26th so hopefully middle next week it might be here with me .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

positron wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday (from Gearbest, an post delivered it) and I don't know what to think of it to be honest.

First of all, this is my first android box - so I don't know all the tips and tricks yet. I have a 1080p projector, which is powered by a Sony amp, and all my sources feed into the projector thru the amp. I also have a HP microserver as file server, running XPenolgy which lists all the movies & shows over dlna. Testing the video playback capability of this device with that media-something app that comes in it - I am a bit underwhelmed. It doesn't play the audio for certain movies/formats. Also overall picture quality is a bit poor compared to PS3 playing the same file. Not to mention the interface - painful compared to PS3. The main reason I got this is because of PS3's cinivia blocking from playing some content.. but I don't know. Will try tweaking it before making up my mind.

Try VLC Player or MX player. VLC should play most of the video files.

You can get them from play store or get apks from other sites and install them.

Total Value of Goods - €40.01

Customs Duty - €0.00
    VAT @ 23% - €9.20
    An Post Fee - €10.00
    Total for Collection - €19.20

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

crasy dash wrote: »
    I ordered through Banggood on the 9th and it has shown up on 17track as being in Belgium and left on the 26th so hopefully middle next week it might be here with me .

Ordered on the 9th and it landed this morning

damian139 wrote: »

Same here. Managed to avoid customs, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

damian139 wrote: »

Cheers did your tracking number actually work Mine hasn't updated since last week just saying it left Belgium

Customs Duty - €0.00
    VAT @ 23% - €9.20
    An Post Fee - €10.00

So it cost you an extra 50% yikes!
    crasy dash wrote: »
    Cheers did your tracking number actually work Mine hasn't updated since last week just saying it left Belgium

My own tracking still says

Bulk acceptance packet processing center in Guangzhou, has received send

It hardly got stopped on the way OUT of China, did it?

• Advertisement

So it cost you an extra 50% yikes!

Yep :mad:

Ive been really unlucky recently. Dont know whats going on .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Yep :mad:

Ive been really unlucky recently. Dont know whats going on .

That an post fee used to €7, when did it go up?

what's the story with it anyway, why are they charging

batistuta9 wrote: »
    That an post fee used to €7, when did it go up?

what's the story with it anyway, why are they charging

Its now €10 handling charge and any item over €22 is liable for VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Im glad I didnt buy this box now, got a phone in from China and paid around 30 odd, but 20 or so on a 40 box kills any bargain and ruins the box

I got that myself, no hidden customs, waiting weeks and it works great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭Invincible

Customs Duty - €0.00
    VAT @ 23% - €9.20
    An Post Fee - €10.00

Was sure €7 handling fee from an post from previous posts?

Edit: Read subsequent posts subsequently :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Its now €10 handling charge and any item over €22 is liable for VAT

But on what basis is their handling charge, they'd have to deliver it anyway. Why do they have it?

jeffk wrote: »
    Im glad I didnt buy this box now, got a phone in from China and paid around 30 odd, but 20 or so on a 20 box kills any bargain and ruins the box

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Q-BOX-S905X-2GB-16GB-KD-17-3-Amlogic-Android-6-0-Dual-WIFI-Smart-TV-BOX/272831204014

I got that myself, no hidden customs, waiting weeks and it works great

You paid €60 including shipping for a box that is 2GB/16GB. Even if you get stung by customs on this box, it's the same price for 3GB/32GB.

Sounds like most of us got it without any extra charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭Invincible

batistuta9 wrote: »
    But on what basis is their handling charge, they'd have to deliver it anyway. Why do they have it?

Was always the way, getting paid twice for delivery.

Tinder says vat liable on items over €22, was it not previously €26?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Basil3 wrote:
    You paid €60 including shipping for a box that is 2GB/16GB. Even if you get stung by customs on this box, it's the same price for 3GB/32GB

Sounds like most of us got it without any extra charges.

I got that almost a year ago and only after advice on facebook as it's not the easiest thing to ask for with a big grey area.
    It works prefect, don't always have to have more ram and space. It's only a media box after all,not a PC etc.

The title says 40, that's a bargain, chance of 60 plus and it loses being a bargain.

• Advertisement

jeffk wrote: »
    I got that almost a year ago and only after advice on facebook as it's not the easiest thing to ask for with a big grey area.
    It works prefect, don't always have to have more ram and space. It's only a media box after all,not a PC etc.

The title says 40, that's a bargain, chance of 60 plus and it loses being a bargain.

Sorry, you've lost me. Who's going on about what?

€60 is still a good price for a 3GB/32GB box delivered. €40 is a really good deal.

Advertisement