Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG 42-inch LED TV 1080p 42LN540V - €400

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭wait4me

Sorry where is this - Amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

wait4me wrote: »
    Sorry where is this - Amazon?

Uh huh

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Amazon is right - edited now.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

working out €416.35 delivered to parcel motel + another €15-€20 for delivery with them, making it €435-€440....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Can you get a 42" box delivered to parcel motel? No size regulations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Pauly

Why not buy this TV in Ireland? I got it last week in Currys for €427, and it was €429 in Powercity. Apart from the outstanding picture quality, I can confirm that this also has a HD (DVB S1/S2)
    satellite tuner onboard, and can pick up all the free-to-air channels. It does not have the
    Freesat EPG, but you can edit the channel list to have the same numbers as with Freesat.
    Also, the USB port plays MKV and MP4 videos, I haven't tried any other formats. The LAN
    port connects to my router, but as this is not a SMART TV there is no browser. I think it
    may be useful for the BBC red button services, and the iPlayer, etc.

As far as I can tell, this is the cheapest TV with a built in satellite tuner, and if you have
    got rid of SKY then this provides a nice alternative. The chap in Currys told me yesterday
    that their October bank holiday weekend sale is extended for another week. LG's website
    does not mention a satellite tuner, so the Amazon model may differ. The Irish versions do have it, and you can always verify this in the shop for yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

eddhorse wrote: »
    Yes you can, and pick it up at their depot. However, read below extract from their FAQ:

"Dimensional weight example calculation

Length x Width x Height in cm / 3000 = Dimensional Weight

For example, if you collect an oversized parcel weighing 20kgs from the Nightline Finglas depot, you will be charged €7.00.

If you collect an oversized parcel weighing 36kgs you will be charged €14.00.

If you ask us to deliver a parcel weighing 20kgs to your house, we will charge you €17.50.

If you ask us to deliver a parcel weighing 36kgs, we will charge you €24.50."

More here: http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Not worth buying such a heavy/bulky item from the UK.

If it goes wrong your going to be stuck with sending it back and paying postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I have this TV, got it on stephens day in Harvey norman for €399, very nice set, my only mark against it is, is there is no VGA connection. That probably doesn't matter to the people with newer laptops but to the older folk it does.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

What's the sound like rob? I've noticed a lot of the newer TV's it's really hollow sounding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

eddhorse wrote: »

I ordered a samsung 32'' smart tv from Amazon through my parcel motel. The site even provided the dimensional size. I was certain it would fit. The Boxed weight was 7kg and the 'unboxed' dimensions were well under the limitations. Unfortunately Amazon decided to put my tv into a monster box, along with enough foam to fill a bathtub. I had auto top-up on my parcel motel account. They took about 30 quid from my account at delivery. I was a little peeved with eveyone!! But still made a good saving, so shouldnt really complain. (but I did)!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

What's the sound like rob? I've noticed a lot of the newer TV's it's really hollow sounding.

I got this TV in Currys over the Bank Holiday.

Sound is a bit hollow but not really noticeable when you're sitting watching something for long periods.

Plays all the media files I have on my hard-drive which is very handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I have her plugged into a surround system so wouldn't complain too much but when my system was down recently I had to listen through the TV and hollow is how I would describe it alright, but aren't all flatscreens these days like that?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

rob316 wrote: »
    I have her plugged into a surround system so wouldn't complain too much but when my system was down recently I had to listen through the TV and hollow is how I would describe it alright, but aren't all flatscreens these days like that?
    They are and that's why I am reluctant to change :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭bennyob

Advertisement