Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Depository 10% Discount [Valid on 30th and 31st Dec 2010 only]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Nice one... Had a couple of books that I've been meaning to buy, and they're pretty much the cheapest place for them online before the discount is even used:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Am I the only one who can't get this to work? I go to checkout out page, but the coupon code box isn't anywhere to be seen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I think you have to click through on the initial OP's link and enter the code there?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Normally with the bookdepository you have to go through the link provided, only then can you use the code.

I went through the link provided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭elaicah

I went through the link provided.

try this if you dont have the box to enter the code, similar question on the fb page:

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/fccbookclub/?a_aid=fkw

Thanks. That worked! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Weird, I picked a book that was around 14 Euro in my basket, but when I clicked checkout it was suddenly 23 Euro!

blastman wrote: »
    Weird, I picked a book that was around 14 Euro in my basket, but when I clicked checkout it was suddenly 23 Euro!

I've noticed in the past the % discount advertised for a particular book sometimes changes at midnight, so Thursday it could be 55% off, then Friday its 11% off etc, not sure if thats what happened in your case.

elaicah wrote: »
    I've noticed in the past the % discount advertised for a particular book sometimes changes at midnight, so Thursday it could be 55% off, then Friday its 11% off etc, not sure if thats what happened in your case.

I think he means the base cost of the book increased after he used a discount code.

Blastman, Was the book perhaps already on sale, and "can not be used with any other offer"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

Just remember to check the .com site for comparison as this can sometimes give you a better price that the .co.uk site combined with the 10% discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The code is still working for me btw (I used the link further down the thread)

colhickey wrote: »
    Just remember to check the .com site for comparison as this can sometimes give you a better price that the .co.uk site combined with the 10% discount.

How do I get the code to work with .com website? I've tried pasting link and just changing the co.uk to .com but that didn't work. Thanks!

How do I get the code to work with .com website? I've tried pasting link and just changing the co.uk to .com but that didn't work. Thanks!

AFAIK the codes cant be used on the .com website but not certain

have you tried the code for Jan 2011?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056133294

elaicah wrote: »
    AFAIK the codes cant be used on the .com website but not certain

have you tried the code for Jan 2011?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056133294

Yes. I have. Thanks!

I think I misunderstood that other poster. I believe they meant the .com site can be cheaper than .co.uk price even with 10% code for co.uk, which is very true on one book I want. But others I want are more expensive. :pac:

Advertisement