Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huawei Media Pad T5 - 10.1" Full HD 3GB/32GB €167 on amazon Spain

Comments

was looking for a similar deal all week for someone, thanks!

not bad for a tablet that will allow netflix hd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

Is it a half decent tablet? Never replaced my Nexus 10

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

Suckit wrote: »
    It is €181.50 delivered to Ireland or €172.50 delivered to PW/PM/AP/PC.
    https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07G46LGKN

It is closer to the 2GB/16GB versions price.
    In Argos for €210 https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8803144/Trail/searchtext%3EHUAWEI+T5.htm

The one you linked 2 in Argos appears to be the same model (ie 3GB/32GB) but still a saving of approx. €30-35! Nice find! Debating whether I need this! Anyone have one of these that common on what its like overall!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

curranbaz wrote: »
    The one you linked 2 in Argos appears to be the same model (ie 3GB/32GB) but still a saving of approx. €30-35! Nice find! Debating whether I need this! Anyone have one of these that common on what its like overall!

My brother bought one and is so impressed he's looking at the huawei p30 for his new phone.
    I've messed around with his and it is very impressive although I didn't get a lot of hands on time, I was only picking him up to go out.

• Advertisement

budhabob wrote: »
    Is it a half decent tablet? Never replaced my Nexus 10

good for the price.

not the greatest cpu but it's ok - not great for intensive gaming but fine for general use

Yep, It's a mid range tablet, but at the price well worth it imo. I ordered one anyway, Of the games on brothers tablet, he has Asphalt 8 and Players Unknown Battlegrounds running on it without any issues, not sure what else he has on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thanks for that. Badly needed an upgrade to my current tablet which can't decode x265 and doesn't do Netflix HD. Tablet + case was €195 delivered.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Was looking at this on Amazon.es- but decided that the Motorola G7 Plus- was a better buy.
    Obviously its not a tablet- but its a respectable enough midrange phone.

Here: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07N4Q1W3J

I paid EUR274.38 incl. of express shipping to Ireland.
    Price seems to have gone up about EUR15 since lunchtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Any downside for movies only with the 2/16 cheaper option? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Andrea B. wrote: »

Less storage space to hold your movies.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Andrea B. wrote: »

2gb ram also - really want 3gb min to make the tablet more usable in the future will higher demands of apps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

This is €199.99 on littlewoods for anyone who doesn’t want to pay outright

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/huawei-mediapad-t5-10in-tablet-black/1600293664.prd?_requestid=68032&Ntt=huawei media pad t5

Sorry missed it was 2G/ 16gb version

shardylan wrote: »

That's the 2G/16GB version there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,507 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Interested in this, never ordered from Amazon Spain before, do I need to set up a new account and can I change the language to English?

Interested in this, never ordered from Amazon Spain before, do I need to set up a new account and can I change the language to English?

You can login with your normal amazon account, but Spanish site doesn't yet offer English version of the site. But it should be just add to basket and checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

Use chrome browser & it'll translate it to English!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Cheers folks.
    Just ordered 2/16 version + a colourful cover for my wife. She just live streams movies and a bit of web and gmail so should do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Would it be worth spending the extra few Bob for the M5 Lite? It's priced at 329.99 in a lot of places in Ireland but is down at 236 on Amazon.es it has few upgrades from the T5 like fast charge from what I can see. Anyone have an M5 Lite?

Jofspring wrote: »
    Would it be worth spending the extra few Bob for the M5 Lite? It's priced at 329.99 in a lot of places in Ireland but is down at 236 on Amazon.es it has few upgrades from the T5 like fast charge from what I can see. Anyone have an M5 Lite?

I think performance wise they are very evenly matched.
    The main differences are M5 Lite has a metal body, fingerprint scanner, four speakers and an option for an 'action pen' or stylus.

• Advertisement

Was looking at this on Amazon.es- but decided that the Motorola G7 Plus- was a better buy.
    Obviously its not a tablet- but its a respectable enough midrange phone.
    Here: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07N4Q1W3J
    I paid EUR274.38 incl. of express shipping to Ireland.
    Price seems to have gone up about EUR15 since lunchtime.

€259 now. €271.xx to Ireland, or €261.29 to PW/PM/AP/PC

I bought it, The camera is what sold me on it after looking everywhere and reading review after review, this camera seems to be the best for less than €300. Maybe equal to a couple.

The Pixel 3A seems to be priced much higher than it's worth this side of the Atlantic, otherwise I would have gone for that.

Suckit wrote: »
    €259 now. €271.xx to Ireland, or €261.29 to PW/PM/AP/PC

I bought it, The camera is what sold me on it after looking everywhere and reading review after review, this camera seems to be the best for less than €300. Maybe equal to a couple.

The Pixel 3A seems to be priced much higher than it's worth this side of the Atlantic, otherwise I would have gone for that.

Camera is very decent- damn sight better than the G6/G5S etc- the icing on the cake is the optical image stabilisation. Its a little annoying that it takes about half a second to kick in for any given shot- but it does work. Also- dark/lowlight images are fairly respectible- I wouldn't write home about them- but they are usable....

Camera is very decent- damn sight better than the G6/G5S etc- the icing on the cake is the optical image stabilisation. Its a little annoying that it takes about half a second to kick in for any given shot- but it does work. Also- dark/lowlight images are fairly respectible- I wouldn't write home about them- but they are usable....

This is going a little off topic... :o But the offer in the OP is now expired.

For the moto G7 plus, Portrait/Night sight google camera port fully working and there is a Telegram group
    Motorola is working on new Night Vision camera mode for the One and G7 Plus

TWRP 3.3.0 for the Moto G7 Plus [Lake]

The Portrait/Nightsight camera port- is mind blowing.
    Thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Following the link in the op, this seems to be €169 now (delivered). Is it the same tablet ? Good value ??...... (I really only want a tablet for Netflix etc & odd few games for the kids). Any advice gladly taken on board !

cathalj wrote: »
    Following the link in the op, this seems to be €169 now (delivered). Is it the same tablet ? Good value ??...... (I really only want a tablet for Netflix etc & odd few games for the kids). Any advice gladly taken on board !

yes. same.

will do fine for your uses.

decent deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

One thing to be aware of is that Huawei is under threat so their kit is being offloaded at a discount in Asia now.

Huawei unwanted: Asian shops shun phone trade-ins on Google suspension worries

"Google has said it will comply with an order by U.S. President Donald Trump to stop supplying Huawei, meaning current owners of Huawei phones face being cut off from updates of the Android operating system from late August. New phones will lose access to popular apps such as YouTube and Chrome."

machalla wrote: »
    One thing to be aware of is that Huawei is under threat so their kit is being offloaded at a discount in Asia now.

Huawei unwanted: Asian shops shun phone trade-ins on Google suspension worries

"Google has said it will comply with an order by U.S. President Donald Trump to stop supplying Huawei, meaning current owners of Huawei phones face being cut off from updates of the Android operating system from late August. New phones will lose access to popular apps such as YouTube and Chrome."

applies to future products

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭wait4me

I think that this ban may also apply to security updates to existing Android platforms but I could be mistaken.

However I suspect that Huawei will develop some workaround!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Yes it applies to security updates for existing devices. That might not trouble people too much though.

Some details in this article

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jaymcgregor/2019/05/20/huawei-android-ban-what-it-means-for-your-phone/#1ca0a90961b1

"Will my Huawei phone still work?

Yes. Android is open source and available to anyone to wants to use it, so the base operating system isn’t affected. Only the licensed services are caught up in the ban. Google has said that the Play Store (the app store) and Google Play services will continue to work on your Huawei smartphone (Engadget reports that this is still possible because it doesn't require any interaction between Google and Huawei). That may not be the case for new phones.

Will Huawei phones still get Android updates?

Yes. Android system updates, once they’re made available to AOSP, will be available for Huawei phones. The difference is that Huawei will lose its early access to Android updates. Huawei will have to push these updates to its users itself and adapt them for its personalised user interface, which may take months. Slower updates has always been the case and is common with other Android manufacturers - but this may slow things up further.

What about security updates?

Huawei is promising to maintain regular security updates, but they won’t come directly from Google. It’s likely that they will only be able to push security updates once they’re made available to AOSP, it’s not clear how that will delay the process or if Huawei has a system to deliver those updates (I’ve asked). "

impressed with this, arrived a few days back

slippery in the hand youd want a case with a grip

not at all fussed about future android updates, thats an incremental issue that wont really have huge effect for a while yet

yes the google app store and apps will remain.

not sure if that tablet was even due another update to the next android version anyways.

in any case it's on a recent version of Android so will not make much difference to many.

the security is already good on Android.

And the US has removed the restrictions until August anyway. I wouldn't imagine it's going to be something to worry about.

Advertisement