Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Airlines: Non-stop from Dublin to Philadelphia for only €245 roundtrip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Phily is manky enough, good price all the same though if you've family/mates nearby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Phily is manky enough, good price all the same though if you've family/mates nearby.

Can't agree. However thread very carefully with American Airlines, they aren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 manutdreds

loved philly. great deal of history there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Can't agree. However thread very carefully with American Airlines, they aren't great.

I flew with American last year and found them very good. FAs were a bit sniffy, but good overall . Plane was excellent and newly fitted out, but on some routes the planes have an older fit out so maybe not great.
    One bag missed the connection ( in fairness likely due to chaos in Dublin that day, as immigration system was down and all flights delayed ), but the bag updates and tracking via text and mobile app was excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,432 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's a good hub for flights elsewhere in the US, good stepping stone for onward travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

towger wrote: »
    I flew with American last year and found them very good. FAs were a bit sniffy, but good overall . Plane was excellent and newly fitted out, but on some routes the planes have an older fit out so maybe not great.
    One bag missed the connection ( in fairness likely due to chaos in Dublin that day, as immigration system was down and all flights delayed ), but the bag updates and tracking via text and mobile app was excellent.

Our outbound flight was cancelled so we were diverted to London and then on so we lost a day. We flew BA which was a dream but home with AA. The flight was half empty which was a plus but the in-flight entertainment consisted of screens on the ceiling, the seats were quite uncomfortable and tatty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭ted1

245 quids to race up the Rocky steps is worth it in my books !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Our outbound flight was cancelled so we were diverted to London and then on so we lost a day. We flew BA which was a dream but home with AA. The flight was half empty which was a plus but the in-flight entertainment consisted of screens on the ceiling, the seats were quite uncomfortable and tatty.

Yeah, you got a plane not yet refitted. For sure you’d want to check on your route which plane you’ll get .... the refitted one are nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

It's a pity the exchange rate is horrible at the moment. Otherwise it's a very good offer to trek around a few sites on the Eastern seaboard like Baltimore & DC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

ted1 wrote: »

😂I’ve done that back in the day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

ted1 wrote: »

When I was there I think the steps had more visitors than the art museum they lead up to :) Didn't bother with the art museum myself either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

There's nothing wrong with them. Flew that route recently and it was a nice flight on a very comfy airbus. I had the opposite experience to you, flew BA later in a shabby 747 with a poorer in flight service than AA.

It's also a hub of theirs so great access to the rest of the states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

manutdreds wrote: »
    Non-stop flights from Dublin, Ireland to Philadelphia, USA for only €245 roundtrip with American Airlines.

Availability from August to September 2019

Credit to Secret Flying:
    https://www.secretflying.com/posts/dublin-ireland-philadelphia-usa-e254-roundtrip/

I was there few years ago on a similar deal from boards!
    i had a surprisingly good time there. there's plenty to do and the city centre was very clean. I'd recommend a trip for sure.

Advertisement