Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Log book question

Options
  • 18-10-2019 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭

So I bought a cheap car from a dealer locally and when all was agreed I signed forms as they said they will fill in the log book etc I was given a receipt on headed paper too, as they were a dealer I thought it should be ok, car was a lemon and I want to sell it on (advertised as needing repairs) but still no log book and the motor tax site says there have been no changes in 3 months.

I've tried ringing but going straight to voice mail, Im thinking hes blocked me after ringing 3 times about it being a lemon. My question is what should I do next? Should I approach the Garda or Shannon in relation to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe call in and ask first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

biko wrote: »
    Maybe call in and ask first

Thats the plan of action tomorrow also gonna try ring on a different number, but just looking for alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,143 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is a good chance the dealer bought the car from the previous owner and never got the old logbook from them. They could be fobbing you off now hoping you as the new owner sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

bazz26 wrote: »
    There is a good chance the dealer bought the car from the previous owner and never got the old logbook from them. They could be fobbing you off now hoping you as the new owner sort it out.

They gave me a receipt with all the cars details on it, would they take a car without a logbook knowing it could land them in trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sure what trouble are they really in? They can just fob you off. You’re not even going after them for the faults on the car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement