Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat 12th feat Dewhurst, Cesarewitch

Options
  • 12-10-2019 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I like Land of Oz for Prescott in the Ces. After a hurrendous season by anyones standards due to yard illness, and never having landed it, the stars have alligned for this one in the bottom of the weights. Prescott had to convince one of his owners to pull out their horse for Land of Oz to get in. Ill be jumping on.

Two jockeys who seem to have good records on outsiders, particularly at Newmarket, are Wayne Lordan and Sean Levey. So Ill also go each way on monarch of Egypt in the Dewhurst and Chilean in the 520.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Cyprus Creek at 28/1 with 8 places on Skybet seems like finding money in the road. Strong stayer who ran well on soft last year. On a good mark. Collection time will be about 4:20 ;)

Also went with unexposed Sovereign Duke at a huge price 80/1 8 places as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Land of Oz has been tipped up everywhere you look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Military Hill 2.30 Hexham. Donie McInerney gone over for the ride. Expected to go well. 5/2 best price.

Monarch of Egypt looks huge at 33/1 . Ew looks great value. I went for ew double with Cyprus creek .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

I like Land of Oz for Prescott in the Ces. After a hurrendous season by anyones standards due to yard illness, and never having landed it, the stars have alligned for this one in the bottom of the weights. Prescott had to convince one of his owners to pull out their horse for Land of Oz to get in. Ill be jumping on.

Two jockeys who seem to have good records on outsiders, particularly at Newmarket, are Wayne Lordan and Sean Levey. So Ill also go each way on monarch of Egypt in the Dewhurst and Chilean in the 520.

Why is luke morris on timoshenko since he gets the choice of prescotts.
    In the 1.50 at newmarket tomfre @ 10/1 is a great e/w bet.
    Should place at the very least

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Also went with Cyprus Creek 8pl @26 (pending drift), or 7pl@29.
    Read somewhere it'll be won by 4yo carrying 10st, and this is the closest match (9-9).

Few wildcards for the enhanced places, including (golf ball) mixed e/w accas,
    e.g. Graceful Lady going short but still available 100/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Seinesatonal e/w for me in Ces at 66/1. Only neck or so with timoshenko few runs back so looks big price with timoshenko around 12s.

Growl (York 15:50) drifting like a barge this morning from 11s to 16 but will have to have a bet at 16s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Stratum for me on the basis they were convinced he had a pot like this in him off a 2 pound higher mark last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Great white shark and great tango for me. The first is totally unexposed on the flat and won a decent handicap in Ballybrit quite easily coming from way back and wide. The latter also ran in that race but was too far back to get involved, I expect a better showing today. GL

Just had a good look at the Dewhurst, and im beginning to think Year of the Tiger isn't completely out of this. He's just got something ive seen before in these well bred huge pried outsiders from the stable. Be rude not to have a poke ew at 150/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

aidankkk wrote: »
    Just had a good look at the Dewhurst, and im beginning to think Year of the Tiger isn't completely out of this. He's just got something ive seen before in these well bred huge pried outsiders from the stable. Be rude not to have a poke ew at 150/1

50/1 now, imagine another Beggy Group 1 stunner!!

Ive backed Ballyandy 5 places ew 11/1 in the silver trophy, top weight but class act on old form and ground no issue seeing he won the betfair hurdle on soft a few years ago, his coral cup run was solid also.

aidankkk wrote: »

Did 365 let you do the extra place as came 4th

Pinitubo battled well there and on the ground with plenty of runs it was a good win in my opinion.

madmoose wrote: »
    Did 365 let you do the extra place as came 4th

Pinitubo battled well there and on the ground with plenty of runs it was a good win in my opinion.

Horse ran well . Tenderly handled in 4th. :-(. 4 place price wasn’t as good value unfortunately

Lancelot de luc seems value here 50/1 . Mark and likes soft ground . 6 places ew

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Time to Study each way for me.

Form ties in closely with Mullins' mare who's 6/1. Will like ground and trip. Wary he's had a lot of races this year.

Stratum for me on the basis they were convinced he had a pot like this in him off a 2 pound higher mark last year.

Shout.

Well in Sir!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

You’ve got the winning thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Hahahah thanks lads. f**king hell.

• Advertisement

Roger backed the winner too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

5.25 Wolverhampton, Spirited Guest, around 11/8. Lay bet for me. I don't think it will win

5.30 Limerick, Dare To Flare, around 2/1'ish I do think it will win I backed it to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyalAcademy2

A little note in a dog-eared copy book will sometimes outdo hours and hours spent on form and video study. Really well done!

Advertisement