Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early morning traveling Athlone - Dublin Airport

Options
  • 14-03-2017 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, I'm looking to get a flight at 8am in Dublin Airport, what options do I have to get there on time? Years ago there used to be a bus going all through the night, so I'm looking for that same bus but I have no idea what it's called.

Since my flight is so early, I'll be looking to get there around 6.40-7am, so leaving Athlone at around 5am?

Any ideas guys? Flight's already booked so I don't really have many options :(

Edited to say - It's not until the end of May, so I have plenty of time to figure this out!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

That's awesome, thanks LynnGrace! Looks like I may just stay in Dublin the night before I think, don't much fancy getting up at 2am to be traveling and waiting around for hours! Good lord!

I appreciate your help m'dear! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

As the title suggests, I'm looking to get a flight at 8am in Dublin Airport

Since my flight is so early, I'll be looking to get there around 6.40-7am
    That seems ambitious. What is your check-in time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

As the title suggests, I'm looking to get a flight at 8am in Dublin Airport, what options do I have to get there on time? Years ago there used to be a bus going all through the night, so I'm looking for that same bus but I have no idea what it's called.

Since my flight is so early, I'll be looking to get there around 6.40-7am, so leaving Athlone at around 5am?

Any ideas guys? Flight's already booked so I don't really have many options :(

Edited to say - It's not until the end of May, so I have plenty of time to figure this out!

You'll want a lot more time than that. You're flying at the busiest time of day. I'd be wanting to get to the airport no later than 6, earlier if you've got baggage to drop etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,347 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Treadhead wrote: »
    You'll want a lot more time than that. You're flying at the busiest time of day. I'd be wanting to get to the airport no later than 6, earlier if you've got baggage to drop etc...

He is not flying at the busiest time of the day. Tomorrow morning, there are all of three flights departing from T1 between 7:45 and 8:15 and there no flights at all departing from T2 between 07:40 and 08:45.

The number of flights tails off significantly every morning after 7:30 but even if you are flying at 06:30, all of the security lanes will be open and you do not need to be there two hours before your flight.

Arriving at 6 a.m. when the place will be crowded is completely barmy when you can show up at 7 a.m. and sail through security.

• Advertisement
Advertisement